Most Overrated Band and/or Musician

Lorraine

How about The Doobie Brothers? They had a lot of commercial appeal like The Eagles.

Nonono how could anyone hate a band with doobie in it?

All kidding they had some quality tunes

They did, but no one ever mentions them on here so I was curious what everyone thinks of them.

I have The Captain and Me, which is all I need from them - great tight grooves, great vocals. The opening of Natural Thing takes me right back. You can't be bummed after listening to this stuff.

Eric Clapton? Are you kidding? He was the guitar god of the sixties until Jimmy Page came along.

Why is he so stinky?

I agree 100%

Because everything he's done since his second solo album has been mired in mediocrity. Nobody is coasting on his laurels more than Eric Clapton.

• Like 2

Clapton is a fine musician, but there are loads of amazing blues players who have great emotion and dynamic range. I've never heard him flub, but I've never heard him do anything that made me think he was beyond many of those great players. Plus, he is responsible for the hideous Wonderful Tonight.

Led Zeppelin . . . to get Zep, turn your speakers up louder, stop multitasking, close your eyes, enjoy the stimulant (or mood-enhancer) of your choice. Try not to think about what your granny would think. Pretend crap like Moron 5 doesn't exist, and enjoy the pioneering heavy rock and roll for what it is.

:haz: :smoke: :cheers: :) :)

Again: speakers. Louder.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

From my younger days: INXS and Bush. I didn't mind INXS actually but I really HATED Bush. That Bush guy's voice and unending, repeating, weak lyrics: "I don't wanna come back down from this cloud! This cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud..." Total crap!
  • Like 1

Led Zeppelin . . . to get Zep, turn your speakers up louder, stop multitasking, close your eyes, enjoy the stimulant (or mood-enhancer) of your choice. Try not to think about what your granny would think. Pretend crap like Moron 5 doesn't exist, and enjoy the pioneering heavy rock and roll for what it is.

This. Was. The. Best. Advice. You. Could. Have. Given. Me.

Playing them loud...what a revelation!!!!

I take back what I said...I wish I could go back in time and see them live!

• Like 1

This. Was. The. Best. Advice. You. Could. Have. Given. Me.

Playing them loud...what a revelation!!!!

I take back what I said...I wish I could go back in time and see them live!

I think the sad thing is that someone needed to tell you to play something loud for you to do it.

• Like 1

Eric Clapton? Are you kidding? He was the guitar god of the sixties until Jimmy Page came along.

Why is he so stinky?

Oh man, Alex schools him on "Crossroads". :Alex: :haz:

:finbar:

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

Too bad a picture wasn't taken of my face when he said it to me. :eh:

I have it!

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/09/a7/05/09a70562-82c4-008f-7eb6-d4bcb36ca9a6/screen320x480.jpeg

• Like 2

Too bad a picture wasn't taken of my face when he said it to me. :eh:

I bet, lol. probably the same as mine would have been.

Mick

Not quite...

http://media.giphy.com/media/C1ODiCUL8VO9O/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like 1

Always a lot of threads here on who is the most talented musician or the best band, but how about the opposite?

Who do you think has gone the farthest and has the least amount of talent?

What musicians and/or bands have gotten more recognition than they deserve?

Jimmy Page

• Like 1

Always a lot of threads here on who is the most talented musician or the best band, but how about the opposite?

Jimmy Page

I'm laughing because I lost count of how many "jimmy page is the best guitarist/no he's not" arguments among men I've sat in on over the decades.

Jimmy Page

I sometimes think Page's musical inspiration - his creative genius - exceeded his ability to execute it. I've heard people say that he's often a "sloppy" player but that he was the first to do this or that.

• Like 1