Bruce Dickinson makes emergency landing in World War II plane

IRON MAIDEN lead singer Bruce Dickinson made a surprise landing at RAF Halton this week when his plane started to run low on fuel.

Dickinson was piloting a replica Fokker Dr1 triplane when he diverted his plane into Halton, which is said to be one of the largest Royal Air Force stations in the United Kingdom.

Squadron leader Gary Coleman, officer commanding operations squadron at RAF Halton, said: "We applaud Bruce Dickinson’s decision to divert to RAF Halton rather than press to his destination with potentially low fuel.

-------------------------------------------

Alright look, I'm going to say it. I know Bruce loves to fly, I know he just survived cancer and he is indeed braver than most of us.

But at what point does one say....This plane is old? I am a famous musician? Maybe just maybe, I should take it easy.

Harrison Ford loved planes. So did John Denver.

Bruce stay on the stage for the sake of those of us who adore you.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-bruce-dickinson-makes-emergency-landing-after-his-replica-war-plane-runs-low-on-fuel/

Alright look, I'm going to say it. I know Bruce loves to fly, I know he just survived cancer and he is indeed braver than most of us.

But at what point does one say....This plane is old? I am a famous musician? Maybe just maybe, I should take it easy.

Because that's not metal.

• Like 2

Surely Dickinson is aware of the deadly "musician + plane equation":

Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Gaines, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Denver, Otis Redding, and a bunch of others I missed.

On the other hand, car crashes, cancer, and heart attacks have killed more.

Edited by toymaker

Surely Dickinson is aware of the deadly "musician + plane equation":

Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Gaines, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Denver, Otis Redding, and a bunch of others I missed.

On the other hand, car crashes, cancer, and heart attacks have killed more.

Of the ones you listed, I think John Denver was the only one who was an actual pilot. Everyone else were passengers who died in a crash, right? I trust Bruce more in this situation because he's actually a pilot and flies for a British airline when he's not doing anything with Maiden, at least he used to. So, I would say he has some credibility as a pilot. Obviously, by making the emergency landing safely, it shows he knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

IRON MAIDEN lead singer Bruce Dickinson made a surprise landing at RAF Halton this week when his plane started to run low on fuel.

Dickinson was piloting a replica Fokker Dr1 triplane when he diverted his plane into Halton, which is said to be one of the largest Royal Air Force stations in the United Kingdom.

Squadron leader Gary Coleman, officer commanding operations squadron at RAF Halton, said: "We applaud Bruce Dickinson’s decision to divert to RAF Halton rather than press to his destination with potentially low fuel.

http://www.blabbermo...ns-low-on-fuel/

This is just so sad! I didn't even know Harrison Ford was dead. :rose:
  • Like 2

He's old as f**k, but he's not dead.

Funny Denver was in an Experimental plane.

Ford and Dickinson were flying planes 70 years old.

No offense, but there comes a time when technology and hobby don't mix safely. Bruce can fly the 757 any day of the week.

Now excuse me as I go take my Model A Ford out on the Interstate. It's top speed of 36 miles per hour should cause NO problems for the other drivers.

He's old as f**k, but he's not dead.

No no, Bob Barker is old as f**k, Sean Connery is old as hell, and the very much alive Harrison Ford is simply: old.

:LOL:

I guess Neil should stop riding his bike because that's dangerous too. Duane Allman was killed on one of those things

I'm sure Neil would not ride a 1927 Indian across the country, he's wayyyyy smarter than that.

• Like 1

Fokker dr1? WWI, not WWII

First thing I thought, too. The Fokker is the Red Baron's plane.

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/1917-Fokker-Tri-Plane.jpg

• Like 2

Fokker dr1? WWI, not WWII

First thing I thought, too. The Fokker is the Red Baron's plane.

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/1917-Fokker-Tri-Plane.jpg

Can actually imagine Bruce flying that

Aces High!