I started too late. I shouldn't have become a fan.

fraroc

You also seem to be able to handle it--fully grown man that you are--not a young person struggling with the issues of the day.

I'm sure Fraroc is in his mid 20s. I'm sure he's been hounded off other forums for being disruptive and attention-seeking. And if the big issues of the day are those concerning the advanced age and retirement of classic rock groups then he clearly has nothing to be depressed about.

You know nothing about me, so quit while you're ahead.

Google is very handy for weeding out the...err...weeds.

Tony, were you at the Rush concert at Wembley Arena in May of 1983?

No. I'd be at Birmingham. We were originally going to see them at the Deeside Leisure Centre in Wales but some imbecile with a flare gun burnt the place to the ground.

You were there and I didn't even know it! :16ton: Was it May 14 or 15 for you? I was there on the 14th. Or was it the 22nd?

• Like 1

No. I'd be at Birmingham. We were originally going to see them at the Deeside Leisure Centre in Wales but some imbecile with a flare gun burnt the place to the ground.

Same thing happened to me at Montreux, on the lake Geneva shoreline

You were there and I didn't even know it! :16ton: Was it May 14 or 15 for you? I was there on the 14th. Or was it the 22nd?

You and Tony both saw them on this tour? How fortunate for you. I'm listening to Countdown To London. That was some set list.

I wish my poll threads took off as well as this one. :unsure:

Just pay me $50 like Fraroc did.

Will you take a check?

Only blank ones.

Eaglemoon and Fraroc would rather I took a rain check.

Was fraroc being melodramatic here? Absolutely. Did he deserve to be called out for it? Yes. Could that have been accomplished without the personal attacks? Also yes.

Thank you. I am a man with lots of flaws and I don't have any problems with people calling me out on my crap, but that doesn't excuse the way Tony R treats not me, but everyone on this forum.

Tony R is from Britain right? explains a lot. and if that is correct then he would be Thick not Dense as eaglemoon stated

Thick or dense. Either works.

If you shouldn't call people names then you shouldn't be calling people names.

Just proving my point really.

no name calling here....just changing the wording to make it easier for you to understand. I was not bashing you because you are English, just a different culture.

and FYI my mum was English...very direct and to the point, and not afriad to call names and expect you put on a brave face and not show or share your weaknesses.

Definition of stupid:

lacking intelligence or common sense.

"I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"

synonyms: unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, slow, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, half-witted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish;

not sure I understand? who are you calling stupid??

a wise american once said 'stupid is as stupid does'

And he was an imbecile.

didn't answer my question?

Boy, you've really earned your username!

I looked under chair, I looked under tables and yet Tony R still won't answer simple questions.

Sigh.

I was showing that one of the synonyms of stupid (as well as dense) is imbecile.

ok, just clarifying.

If I were fraroc I wouldn't want to be called any of those things--stupid, dense or imbecile. Being called a name doesn't feel good.

Are you saying that you do want to be called those names but if you were fraroc you would not?

exactly :dweez: no, just wanted see what his point was for posting all of the synonyms of stupid. It just doesn't seem to catch in his head that name calling isn't nice.

I was called enough names by my british Mom to last a life time, took several years of therapy as an adult to figure out she didn't hate me, it was just her way of expressing herself.

If name calling isn't nice then why didn't you chastise Eagleloon for calling me dense?

Is this double-standards?

If you would actually read what I wrote you would realize that I didn't call you dense.

You and Tony both saw them on this tour? How fortunate for you. I'm listening to Countdown To London. That was some set list.

Yeah, :haz: :guitar: :NP:

• Like 1

I love Rush's music so much and I always will. But all I see around me on this website are fans that have seen them multiple times, anywhere from five times to f***ing 25 times. Me? This is going to be my first and last time seeing Rush if they do make the decision to break up after this tour. It isn't fair for me, because I love Rush just as much as any other fan....I'm sorry, but I really shouldn't have put myself through this. I shouldn't have re-discovered Rush in 2012. I shouldn't have listened to the GUP live version of Witch Hunt two summers ago. This was a mistake. I rather that they just retired and me, not being a huge fan would be like "well that sucks." and get on with my life.

Boo f***ing hoo!

They are not breaking up after this tour you over-dramatic imbecile.

I would expect this kind of egregiousness from you. You have absolutley no empathy for anyone except for yourself.

Well don't you just have a flare for the dramatic!

I love Rush's music so much and I always will. But all I see around me on this website are fans that have seen them multiple times, anywhere from five times to f***ing 25 times. Me? This is going to be my first and last time seeing Rush if they do make the decision to break up after this tour. It isn't fair for me, because I love Rush just as much as any other fan....I'm sorry, but I really shouldn't have put myself through this. I shouldn't have re-discovered Rush in 2012. I shouldn't have listened to the GUP live version of Witch Hunt two summers ago. This was a mistake. I rather that they just retired and me, not being a huge fan would be like "well that sucks." and get on with my life.

You can't make any mistakes being a Rush fan, late to the party or not. Enjoy them while you can. ;)

Wow, this is 12 pages long! (I didn't go thru all 12 pages) Anyway I loved them in high school and after (late 80s into the 90s) and rediscovered them last year. I saw them in concert last month and I'm hooked again!

Wow, this is 12 pages long! (I didn't go thru all 12 pages) Anyway I loved them in high school and after (late 80s into the 90s) and rediscovered them last year. I saw them in concert last month and I'm hooked again!

Welcome to the Forum - don't let the weirdness and bitterness of this thread throw you off . . . mostly we talk about one of our favorite bands without all the hard feelings.

• Like 1

Boo f***ing hoo!

They are not breaking up after this tour you over-dramatic imbecile.

ouch-much harshness.

I thought it was against the rules to name call in this nice little rush forum.

Maybe Tony R should find the biker bar of Rush forums instead.

Been there done that.

As for Faroc, sometimes you have to be cruel to

be kind.

I absolutely agree. Though he may not appreciate your advice, I do. You're very good at creating a sobering perspective that the rest of us are too afraid to say. It's much better to take advice from someone unafraid to show their teeth than lie through a smile.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 3

I just read this entire thread and now my head hurts.

I have an honest question for you...When you read through this topic...

DID YOU SEE RED?

AND DID IT HURT YOUR HEAD?

IT MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING THAT YOU READ.

To answer the original comment...I never saw Led Zeppelin in concert and wish I had, but I'm still a fan. Their music stands alone regardless of what they did on tour. You're lucky to still be able to see Rush in concert at all. They could have quit multiple times.
  • Like 1

I am shooting for 60 times this summer. But I have met Rush fans from all around the world who have seen them over 100 times! incredible!!!!!!!

• Like 1

To answer the original comment...I never saw Led Zeppelin in concert and wish I had, but I'm still a fan. Their music stands alone regardless of what they did on tour. You're lucky to still be able to see Rush in concert at all. They could have quit multiple times.

There's a plethora of live videos, live albums, TV & Radio appearances and bootlegs to appreciate if the yearning becomes too strong but you know what? There are an almost infinite possibilities of finding new bands to like, follow and see live. With the free version of Spotify you can overdose on Popular Music, on Bandcamp, Soundcloud and YouTube you can discover new bands and be in from the beginning. Fraroc should find his new "Rush" and fly the flag like we have done for all these many years.

• Like 2

I just read this entire thread and now my head hurts. You're all a bunch of dumb dense imbeciles.

You're only realizing this NOW? :laughing guy:

I started too late as well. I got into them in 1976...I keep kicking myself for not starting at least two years earlier. :)

Wait a minute, you didn't see them open for Kiss? And you call yourself a fan?!?!?!

• Like 4

I started too late as well. I got into them in 1976...I keep kicking myself for not starting at least two years earlier. :)

Wait a minute, you didn't see them open for Kiss? And you call yourself a fan?!?!?!

Exactly. :(

• Like 1

Think big.

Think of all the great music you've heard from any artist, any musician. Past or present. Then think about how fractional a percent of all musicians in the history of the human race this is. How many more musical geniuses there must have been in the thousands of years of human history before the advent of audio recording. We didn't get to hear them.

I'm 25. If this is indeed their last tour, then I was privileged enough to not only be able to listen to Rush, to not only be alive when these great musicians were playing, but to see them a handful of time over the years.

I got to hear them. Live a few times, from my hard drive thousands to millions of times. But I got to hear them. Not a lot of people in human history can say that, when you think about it.

"I hear their passionate music

read the words that touch my heart."

An immortal quality of preservation from the art of mortals. Rush are mortal. Their music doesn't have to be. And neither does its affect on you. You're likely going to outlive the members of Rush, but not the music, meaning, or message. Not the soul of it.

• Like 2