Rush getting paid

madrushian

This may have been discussed so sorry and point me to the thread.

How much Does the band themselves make on a show. This after all the bills are paid. It would be great to know how much of the cost of a ticket is actually take home pay.

This may have been discussed so sorry and point me to the thread.

How much Does the band themselves make on a show. This after all the bills are paid. It would be great to know how much of the cost of a ticket is actually take home pay.

Are you sure you want to know? I'd be thinking, "They make that and I make THIS?!" :P

• Like 1

Every band gets paid a fee to perform live by the venue. Plus, they get whatever is made off ticket and merch sales. The venue doesn't see any money from that, they make theirs off concessions and the fee the concert promoter pays to rent the venue for the show. That's why concessions are so damn high, that's the only way the venue makes money.

The band performance fee to play is money straight into Rush's pocket. The money from the tickets and merch is used to help pay for the road crew but Rush still makes a lot off that. Sorry I can't give specific numbers but you would either have to be in the band or close to them to know for sure.

• Like 1

This is one thing that honestly has never crossed my mind and I really could care less but harbor no ill will toward those who do. Knock yourself out in your quest for knowledge... :cheers:
  • Like 5

This is one thing that honestly has never crossed my mind and I really could care less but harbor no ill will toward those who do. Knock yourself out in your quest for knowledge... :cheers:

^ This.

Only one more thing I'll add- it's far more than I'll ever make in a year, let alone in three hours.

I'm not saying they're not deserving, at all. Just a comment, that's all. Bless 'em.

• Like 2

Whatever they make, they have earned it. I don't begrudge them their wealth. They are talented men.

They've given a lot to many. Not that it was their intention to do so, but that is how it has all turned out. I'm sure they didn't think they would have made such an impact on people and their lives, but they did and have. And that is priceless.

• Like 7

I'm sure they're adding quite handsomely to their personal wealth. Especially since it appears every show will be sold-out or nearly so. But taking into consideration that they didn't make squat until about Permanent Waves, plus the time and stress on their personal lives over all these years, it's well deserved.
  • Like 1

I'm sure they're adding quite handsomely to their personal wealth. Especially since it appears every show will be sold-out or nearly so. But taking into consideration that they didn't make squat until about Permanent Waves, plus the time and stress on their personal lives over all these years, it's well deserved.

The Rush book I have said that Moving Pictures got them out of debt.

I agree they deserve it. It was a interest for self knowledge. It based on how much of the tickets cost and how much of gets in their pockets. I'll pay the price to see them but when tickets use to be 5 to 10 bucks. It just makes me wonder,

I'm glad you brought this up. There are music fans who don't know that many bands may be in debt for a long time before they start making any real money. And some of them never end up making anything, they just need to tour in order to try and not get into further debt.

I'm glad Rush stuck with it though. Judging by how big their tour production has become, you can tell they were smart with their money once they started making it.

• Like 1

I'm glad you brought this up. There are music fans who don't know that many bands may be in debt for a long time before they start making any real money. And some of them never end up making anything, they just need to tour in order to try and not get into further debt.

I'm glad Rush stuck with it though. Judging by how big their tour production has become, you can tell they were smart with their money once they started making it.

It says a lot for how they were raised and for their parents.

Each of them had a sense of responsibility towards their family and knew they had to support them. That's something that is becoming rare nowadays.

• Like 1

According to the court documents Rush filed in their countersuit against the Naples police department, each of the 3 band members make about 1/6 of the gross of the show (ticket sales + merch).

According to this page on the Clockwork Angels tour, their gross income was about $500,000 per show. Of course that had to be split among all the roadies etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Angels_Tour

People keep thinking Rush (or any large touring band, for that matter) bring home sacks of cash after a tour. But remember, the gross ticket sales go towards supporting a lot of people and renting/buying a lot of gear. According to Neil's latest blog entry, on this current tour they have "eleven trucks, and carry sixty-two people in five buses, two motorcycles, and one chartered jet." And that's in addition to any office staff that aren't on the road with them. While they most likely make a decent living they are also working A LOT to earn it. And I don't begrudge them one bit. I hope they are leading comfortable lives.

• Like 3

So let's say they gross (each of the boys) 100k per show.

35 shows = 3.5 mil...in highest fed tax bracket ( not including Canada and state income tax).

They probably net somewhere around 1-1.25 mil after this tour, maybe less given how state taxes fluctuate. Wouldn't be surprised to see it as low as net of 750k after all is said and done.

Doesn't suck. I'd take it.