Rush getting paid

madrushian

They'll probably do, on a net basis, better on this tour than the CA tour. Every show is filled, less indulgent stage set, no high priced string players. Then Geddy had to blow it on a gazzilion new basses.
  • Like 1

They'll probably do, on a net basis, better on this tour than the CA tour. Every show is filled, less indulgent stage set, no high priced string players. Then Geddy had to blow it on a gazzilion new basses.

We have gotten such an eyeful this tour. The bass collection has been a treat to see and hear. The whole double neck thing is still blowing my mind. Think about it. Who would have guessed that?

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

they do not tour for the money they tour for the desire end of the subject

What about when Peart explicitly says that he is running out of money because he is not touring and making music with the band?

He was withdrawing at a rate that was couldn't be sustained. As I mentioned in another thread: if you have a pile of money invested in 50% stocks and 50% bonds and withdraw more than 8% per year of that pile....you WILL run out in 10-12 years. If, on the other hand, you withdraw 4-5% of that pile each year (and increase each year by 3% to adjust for inflation) there's more than a 90% chance you'll never run out based on historical returns and millions of monte carlo simulations.

It's not so much about "wise investments" but proper allocation and reasonable withdrawal rates.

those basses is coming out geddy's share not mine say Neil and Alex.

those basses is coming out geddy's share not mine say Neil and Alex.

I don't think all those basses were bought just for this tour. I'm sure Geddy already owned most of them long before that.

they do not tour for the money they tour for the desire end of the subject

What about when Peart explicitly says that he is running out of money because he is not touring and making music with the band?

He was withdrawing at a rate that was couldn't be sustained. As I mentioned in another thread: if you have a pile of money invested in 50% stocks and 50% bonds and withdraw more than 8% per year of that pile....you WILL run out in 10-12 years. If, on the other hand, you withdraw 4-5% of that pile each year (and increase each year by 3% to adjust for inflation) there's more than a 90% chance you'll never run out based on historical returns and millions of monte carlo simulations.

It's not so much about "wise investments" but proper allocation and reasonable withdrawal rates.

I understand and agree...but Neil seems to want to spend more money than that. Meaning, he tours, at least partially, for the money.