The ON/OFF thread...

greyfriar

Forget all about that macho shit and learn how to play guitar.

A hahahahahahaha! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: First Earl's John Cougar thread and now this, it warms my (previously lived in) Indiana heart! :D

Where in Indiana?

Richmond, in eastern Indiana, right near the Ohio state line. It got light really early in the summer with no Daylight Savings Time!

Ahh, the Red Devils. Won quite a few sectionals back in the late 60s and early 70s. Even a couple of regionals IIRC.

Not to mention the world famous home of Tom Raper's RVs.

• Like 1

A hahahahahahaha! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: First Earl's John Cougar thread and now this, it warms my (previously lived in) Indiana heart! :D

Where in Indiana?

Richmond, in eastern Indiana, right near the Ohio state line. It got light really early in the summer with no Daylight Savings Time!

Ahh, the Red Devils. Won quite a few sectionals back in the late 60s and early 70s. Even a couple of regionals IIRC.

Are you from that area? The Red Devils did well when we lived there but the big high school player at the time in the state was Shawn Kemp! I got used to Raper's RV's pretty quickly but my relatives never did when they came to visit, they used to have a fit over the ads! :D

Nice idea BTW grey. I get concerned when I don't see some folks for a while. Well done my friend... :notworthy:

He actually sent me a card one time...so nice

I have PMed more than a few folks around here when I don't notice them for a while. Sometimes I never get a response and never see them again. Wonder what that means?... :LOL:

You may need a tic tac?

May?... :LOL:

you guys! So funny :7up:

oh, this is old! I kicked on old thread. Forum foul :)

There's nothing wrong with that!

thanks for the support friend!
  • Like 1

Nice idea BTW grey. I get concerned when I don't see some folks for a while. Well done my friend... :notworthy:

He actually sent me a card one time...so nice

I have PMed more than a few folks around here when I don't notice them for a while. Sometimes I never get a response and never see them again. Wonder what that means?... :LOL:

You may need a tic tac?

May?... :LOL:

you guys! So funny :7up:

oh, this is old! I kicked on old thread. Forum foul :)

There's nothing wrong with that!

Nope...and it's not an old thread...it has muchly recent-like postingness in it.

muchly recent like postingness....love this! Though for some reason, it reminds me of breakfast cereal.

: )

Where in Indiana?

Are you from that area? The Red Devils did well when we lived there but the big high school player at the time in the state was Shawn Kemp! I got used to Raper's RV's pretty quickly but my relatives never did when they came to visit, they used to have a fit over the ads! :D

I'm from the NW corner of the state, I went to Hobart (go Brickies!). I learned quite a bit about Indiana towns by filling out the brackets for the state tournament as a kid. And the Tom Raper RV commercials were ubiquitous on Indianapolis TV when I was in college.

• Like 1

Where in Indiana?

I'm from the NW corner of the state, I went to Hobart (go Brickies!). I learned quite a bit about Indiana towns by filling out the brackets for the state tournament as a kid. And the Tom Raper RV commercials were ubiquitous on Indianapolis TV when I was in college.

I remember them mostly from when I was a kid/teenager. They don't advertise on TV like they used to, I don't think.

Didn't those ads always used to say, "Just a short drive from anywhere"? Or am I thinking of something else?

• Like 1

Where in Indiana?

I remember them mostly from when I was a kid/teenager. They don't advertise on TV like they used to, I don't think.

Didn't those ads always used to say, "Just a short drive from anywhere"? Or am I thinking of something else?

Ha ha, I had forgotten that part! No, you are right! My roommate in college was from Elkhart, IN where they build a lot of RV's. She laughed when we lived in Richmond for a while with Tom Raper RV, she was like, "I can't get away from RV's!"

• Like 1

Memories...from the corners of my mind...misty watercolor memories, of the way things were....

• Like 1

Memories...from the corners of my mind...misty watercolor memories, of the way things were....

It is funny how they say to turn at the school bus factory- that was Carpenter school buses and it was a hot job in Richmond. Yes, memories . . . .

• Like 1

Could it be that it was all so simple then, or could time have rewritten every line?

Not that this is in any way in need of editing...

• Like 3

Where in Indiana?

Ha ha, I had forgotten that part! No, you are right! My roommate in college was from Elkhart, IN where they build a lot of RV's. She laughed when we lived in Richmond for a while with Tom Raper RV, she was like, "I can't get away from RV's!"

Speaking of Elkhart, you mentioned Shawn Kemp earlier. Most athletic HS player I've ever seen. In the state championship, I believe he fouled out in one quarter (the 3rd). But that team couldn't have won the sectional without him.

• Like 1

Where in Indiana?

Speaking of Elkhart, you mentioned Shawn Kemp earlier. Most athletic HS player I've ever seen. In the state championship, I believe he fouled out in one quarter (the 3rd). But that team couldn't have won the sectional without him.

Oh, wow, that must have been something to see him play in high school! When we lived in Richmond, Kemp just missed out on the Indiana "Mr. Basketball" award because it went to someone from Richmond- a guy named Woody Austin (not the golfer.) Austin ended up at Purdue but his skills never translated to the NBA, I guess.

Where in Indiana?

Oh, wow, that must have been something to see him play in high school! When we lived in Richmond, Kemp just missed out on the Indiana "Mr. Basketball" award because it went to someone from Richmond- a guy named Woody Austin (not the golfer.) Austin ended up at Purdue but his skills never translated to the NBA, I guess.

Huh...my dad and my younger brother both have degrees from Purdue.

But not in basketball. ;)

• Like 1

Where in Indiana?

When we lived in Richmond, Kemp just missed out on the Indiana "Mr. Basketball" award because he went to the University of Kentucky.

Fixed...