The ignored album live

The K Man

This is now four tours in a row that Test for Echo has gotten zero representation, which cannot be said for any other album in the Rush canon.

Personally, I am fine with it. I like the album, but it is my least favorite of the band's, and I can't think of any one song from it that I am dying to hear live (again or for the first time).

Does it bother anyone that the band has all but disowned this album in the live sets?

This is now four tours in a row that Test for Echo has gotten zero representation, which cannot be said for any other album in the Rush canon.

Personally, I am fine with it. I like the album, but it is my least favorite of the band's, and I can't think of any one song from it that I am dying to hear live (again or for the first time).

Does it bother anyone that the band has all but disowned this album in the live sets?

I'd like to hear just about any song from T4E over just about any song from GuP-Presto plus CP.

• Like 1

Doesn't bother me one bit.

I would like to hear Resist again (the version that was played on Different Stages), but if they don't want to play it anymore, then that's the way it shall be.

I really like that one (TFE). Again, as a fan, this would probably be my favorite of the '90s albums

Really now Neil? I wonder why that love for the album doesn't translate to songs from said album being played live. That quote came from the Contents Under Pressure book too, I might add.

Kinda confused by all the hate for this album… in my opinion at the very least better than HYF… and overall I think I like it a little more than Counterparts (which I like a lot).

Yes some of the lyrics aren't fantastic… but even a song like Virtuality.. it may seem corny at times but its just about how the words sound with the music regardless of what they mean.

T4E, Drive, TandM, Virtuality, Limbo, Resist, Totem - there is a lot I dig on this album.

At the very least people have to love the title track especially on Different Stages - that final scream on ECHHOOOOOO that Ged does is awesome - would def. have preferred that to OLV which has been done to death live.

Edited by mrfriendly
  • Like 2

They are ignoring Presto as well, it sucks but I can't really complain with them playing Hemispheres prelude and Xanadu on top of Jacob's Ladder.

They are playing some truly awesome songs so I'll give them a pass.

• Like 3

I really like that one (TFE). Again, as a fan, this would probably be my favorite of the '90s albums

Really now Neil? I wonder why that love for the album doesn't translate to songs from said album being played live. That quote came from the Contents Under Pressure book too, I might add.

I find that curious, as well. My guess is the boys dislike the sound of Roll the Bones (it being too thin-sounding), and they've said the making of Counterparts wasn't smooth sailing, so Test for Echo was easy for them to say at the time as being their best of the 90s, but it's clear now that when they go through their songs every time they tour, they realize the songs just aren't there on TFE, otherwise they'd be playing something from it.

Edited by The K Man

It doesn't bother me since I saw that tour, and what's been recorded/released live is a pretty good representation of that album,,. I WOULD like to hear Driven live again...it's a great live tune....but there are plenty of other things I'd love to hear live before that...so it doesn't bother me that much. Edited by Jaminbenb

I honestly really like the album!

Even the worst songs are better than the majority of popular rock being released at that time!

• Like 4