I love all of you

Except some of you.

So really, not all of you at all haha

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

I love all of you

Except some of you.

Yeah, well, that circles around to this place....

How can you love people you never met? Yet it is more than just liking some. There's a bond that would never be dispelled no matter what would occur if you met them in person.

• Like 3

Sometimes I think this place is spooked.

I've been on other forums that bear no resemblance to TRF so far removed they are from what goes on here, and I have never encountered people there like some of you here.

Eerie.

Where's Count Floyd when you need him?

Love you guys!

I say it pretty freely. I'm a hugger too.

I always mean it, though. If I say it, I mean it.

Kenny, where have you been? I was starting to worry about you.

He's been at the Chris Squire School for Kinda OK Electric Bass Studies.

^^^^ Nice... :LOL:

Haha... Fixed.

I've been busy as hell! I miss all you guys.

Kenny, at the bar get-together before the Tulsa show I met some girl who was talking about having seen your band. She had long dark hair and a Brooklyn-ish accent, I think her name was Joyce. I thought it was fun to get a real life connection like that.

• Like 1

I love all of you

Except some of you.

How can you love people you never met? Yet it is more than just liking some. There's a bond that would never be dispelled no matter what would occur if you met them in person.

Agreed. I have considered this many times in my time here. I have never experienced anything like this obviously. I feel a deep friendship/bond with so many here and haven't seen what they look like in some cases (which matters not) or met any of you. In Atlanta I am going to try to meet as many folks as possible however. Its my mission almost as much as seeing the actual show...
  • Like 3

I love all of you

Except some of you.

Agreed. I have considered this many times in my time here. I have never experienced anything like this obviously. I feel a deep friendship/bond with so many here and haven't seen what they look like in some cases (which matters not) or met any of you. In Atlanta I am going to try to meet as many folks as possible however. Its my mission almost as much as seeing the actual show...

Yeah, Ray Danniels needs to throw TRF a company picnic or something! :) :) It would be great to meet everyone in person.

• Like 2

I love all of you

Except some of you.

Yeah, Ray Danniels needs to throw TRF a company picnic or something! :) :) It would be great to meet everyone in person.

If I had the money, I'd do it myself. I've said that already a few times on here, and I mean it. I would if I could.

• Like 2

Its a shame we can't all have "Leave It To Beaver" relationships with our spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends etc. It may not be perfect but I would rather be friendly with my spouse after 35 years than fight and be enemies. You can be unhappy both ways I will give you that. Everyone's life and situation is unique to them and their experiences throughout their life. I personally don't mind being judged but I am not going to play like everything is beer and skittles either after 35 years. Just surviving the best I (we) can, "sad" or not. Just say'in.... :sigh: :codger:

I'm always impressed with your honesty Narp. Always.

Thanks my friend I really needed that. If it takes me down a few pegs in some folks eyes then so be it. No reason to pretend... :cheers:

If it takes you down a few pegs in some folks eyes, it's their problem, not yours.

• Like 5

My parents were both raised during the Depression in pretty straight laced families; not a lot of emotion thrown around there! What's funny is how they reacted; my dad became a huge hugger and "I love you" guy; my mom always showed it through actions but never said it much until we grew up and left the house, then it was a lot! It was good to have both since my sisters and I do remember wishing my mom was a little more verbal. Because of that, I always tried to say "I love you" or "You make me so happy" a lot to my kids. You're right, it can become so automatic with a spouse, my husband and I try not to do that . . .
  • Like 2

Threads like this are very hard for me to read because I read what other people have that I have never had.

Bottom line is that it is amazing that I turned out as well as I did considering.

That's heartbreaking, Lorraine...I'm truly sorry to hear that...you deserve better...

• Like 4

Its a shame we can't all have "Leave It To Beaver" relationships with our spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends etc. It may not be perfect but I would rather be friendly with my spouse after 35 years than fight and be enemies. You can be unhappy both ways I will give you that. Everyone's life and situation is unique to them and their experiences throughout their life. I personally don't mind being judged but I am not going to play like everything is beer and skittles either after 35 years. Just surviving the best I (we) can, "sad" or not. Just say'in.... :sigh: :codger:

I'm always impressed with your honesty Narp. Always.

Thanks my friend I really needed that. If it takes me down a few pegs in some folks eyes then so be it. No reason to pretend... :cheers:

If it takes you down a few pegs in some folks eyes, it's their problem, not yours.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with being honest (in fact, it's only right), whether it jives with others or not.

• Like 2

Threads like this are very hard for me to read because I read what other people have that I have never had.

Bottom line is that it is amazing that I turned out as well as I did considering.

That's heartbreaking, Lorraine...I'm truly sorry to hear that...you deserve better...

I agree with that, too.

• Like 3

:hug2:

I'm sure there is a reason why. Maybe I will find out one day. If not, that's just the way it was and is!

:cheers:

• Like 2

I love all of you

Except some of you.

Or perhaps we have a series of regional meet-ups, take a bunch of pictures at all of them, put them all together in a big online repository- a pictorial representation of everyone in this community who would want to be a part of something like that.

I agree with what's been said about the bonds we develop with certain people, even though it's "only" a virtual community. It's a pretty remarkable thing.

"Marvelous!", as my grandmother used to say.

• Like 3

Love you guys!

Haha... Fixed.

Kenny, at the bar get-together before the Tulsa show I met some girl who was talking about having seen your band. She had long dark hair and a Brooklyn-ish accent, I think her name was Joyce. I thought it was fun to get a real life connection like that.

Joyce the Voice! She is so great!! That's cool. I knew a looooot of people who were at the Tulsa show! So many were texting me that night. Kinda felt like I was there.

Coming out East for any shows?

I'm sure there is a reason why. Maybe I will find out one day. If not, that's just the way it was and is!

You got a "We Love Lorraine" thread and a "Make Lorraine Smile" thread... among others. People that get to know you can feel the love across the wires, and try to give back in some way.
  • Like 6

I love all of you

Except some of you.

Or perhaps we have a series of regional meet-ups, take a bunch of pictures at all of them, put them all together in a big online repository- a pictorial representation of everyone in this community who would want to be a part of something like that.

I agree with what's been said about the bonds we develop with certain people, even though it's "only" a virtual community. It's a pretty remarkable thing.

For some reason that made me really laugh. The things we remember people for! :LOL:

I like your other suggestion too. :)

• Like 1

You got a "We Love Lorraine" thread and a "Make Lorraine Smile" thread... among others. People that get to know you can feel the love across the wires, and try to give back in some way.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 3

I love all of you

Except some of you.

For some reason that made me really laugh. The things we remember people for! :LOL:

:)

That particular grandmother, I remember for a lot of things. She was quite a character (one of many, in my family- but she really was). She left home at age 16 to be a dancer in traveling variety and burlesque shows, haha...but she was also a tremendous documentarian of all kinds of things, with regard to family- she was one of twelve children...I have all kinds of scrapbooks and photo albums that she put together, going back to the 1920s, and about 30-40 hours of 8mm home movies that she took. I treasure all of those things.

• Like 3

I love all of you

Except some of you.

:)

That particular grandmother, I remember for a lot of things. She was quite a character (one of many, in my family- but she really was). She left home at age 16 to be a dancer in traveling variety and burlesque shows, haha...but she was also a tremendous documentarian of all kinds of things, with regard to family- she was one of twelve children...I have all kinds of scrapbooks and photo albums that she put together, going back to the 1920s, and about 30-40 hours of 8mm home movies that she took. I treasure all of those things.

I would treasure them as well.

Love you guys!

Haha... Fixed.

Joyce the Voice! She is so great!! That's cool. I knew a looooot of people who were at the Tulsa show! So many were texting me that night. Kinda felt like I was there.

Coming out East for any shows?

Unfortunately, no. Austin is my last non-West Coast date.

• Like 1

I say it quite often but not all the time. I think if you say it all the time, people stop hearing it and it no longer becomes special. No matter how heartfelt it is.