Saying "I Love You"

Lost In Xanadu

Nice thread LIX :cheers: but enough "gut spilling" for me for one day. Enjoy folks... :) :outtahere:

I tell Sunny everyday, multiple times and I mean every letter of it. I should say it to my kids more often though. With my Mom yes (again like a lot here moreso after my brother died), but like most not with my Dad.

Always with meaning, and never to just break the silence or anything.

The "break the silence" comment I find interesting because that is kind of the way it was for a long time. Either that or something to routinely end a phone call with... :)

When we end a phone call, it may be more "routine" - always saying it because we're not together and you don't know if you'll get the chance to say it. I'm not a country fan, but Garth Brooks has a song called "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and that is one of the few songs that can really tug at the emotions.

When I'm face to face and I say it to my kids or wife or family, it's always from the heart with meaning.

• Like 2

I'm glad my parents aren't gush-y. i know by their actions they love me.........all i need. I don't want kids so i don't know how i'd be, lol

Mick

You say it to me enough, if you had kids - I'm sure you'd be the same :)

• Like 2

Love you guys!

I say it pretty freely. I'm a hugger too.

I always mean it, though. If I say it, I mean it.

Kenny, where have you been? I was starting to worry about you.

He's been at the Chris Squire School for Advanced Electric Bass Studies.

• Like 3

Love you guys!

Agreed. Where have you been and my like count has suffered dramatically since your absence... ;)

:cheers: my friend

• Like 1

Love you guys!

He's been at the Chris Squire School for Advanced Electric Bass Studies.

^^^^ Nice... :LOL:
  • Like 2

I try to say it to people, but every time I do, the words just come out wrong.

So I have to say "I love you" in a song.....

:doh: :doh: :laughing yellow guy:

• Like 6

I tell my kids I love them every day - or almost. I hug them as often as they let me - which can sometimes be difficult for 17 year old and 14 year old boys. ~ It really depends who's around.

I love it when they tell me first, which often happens, and I very much enjoy when my 17 year old son kisses my forehead because he towers over me. :LOL:

Digi and I say I love you multiple times a day - definitely when one of us heads out the door before the other before work, and when we go to bed.

• Like 3

Its a shame we can't all have "Leave It To Beaver" relationships with our spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends etc. It may not be perfect but I would rather be friendly with my spouse after 35 years than fight and be enemies. You can be unhappy both ways I will give you that. Everyone's life and situation is unique to them and their experiences throughout their life. I personally don't mind being judged but I am not going to play like everything is beer and skittles either after 35 years. Just surviving the best I (we) can, "sad" or not. Just say'in.... :sigh: :codger:

I'm always impressed with your honesty Narp. Always.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 2

Its a shame we can't all have "Leave It To Beaver" relationships with our spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends etc. It may not be perfect but I would rather be friendly with my spouse after 35 years than fight and be enemies. You can be unhappy both ways I will give you that. Everyone's life and situation is unique to them and their experiences throughout their life. I personally don't mind being judged but I am not going to play like everything is beer and skittles either after 35 years. Just surviving the best I (we) can, "sad" or not. Just say'in.... :sigh: :codger:

I'm always impressed with your honesty Narp. Always.

Thanks my friend I really needed that. If it takes me down a few pegs in some folks eyes then so be it. No reason to pretend... :cheers:
  • Like 3

I say it to my family quite often. I try and say it to my wife at least once a day. Occasionally, I will tell my Mom. My Dad doesn't have time for that kind of pansy shit. :LOL:

Now if I'm drunk, then I tell everyone. :givebeer:

• Like 4

When I say it to people, I don't try to make them feel uncomfortable. I don't try to make them anything at all. But this feeling doesn't come along everyday, and I shouldn't blow the chance when I get the chance to say,

"I love you. I honestly love you...."

• Like 1

Love you guys!

He's been at the Chris Squire School for Kinda OK Electric Bass Studies.

^^^^ Nice... :LOL:

Haha... Fixed.

I've been busy as hell! I miss all you guys.

• Like 2

When I say it to people, I don't try to make them feel uncomfortable. I don't try to make them anything at all. But this feeling doesn't come along everyday, and I shouldn't blow the chance when I get the chance to say,

"I love you. I honestly love you...."

Love you too.... :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Olivia_Newton-John_930-0132.jpg/640px-Olivia_Newton-John_930-0132.jpg

• Like 1