The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Just digging this up to say.

I'M LOVING RUSH AGAIN!!!!

what's more i'm appreciating later rush (90's on) way more then i have.

i need to do a proper run through again...then rankings.......could be fun to do again.

Mick

• Like 1

i need to do a proper run through again...then rankings.......could be fun to do again.

Mick

Yay!

• Like 1

Mick

Yay!

i'm gonna start tomorrow in order. cause actually i've yet to revisit 70's Rush, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Again?

My love for Rush is never ending. It's like a couple that's been married for 50 years. Even when the love isn't expressed you know it's always there.

• Like 2

Mick

Again?

My love for Rush is never ending. It's like a couple that's been married for 50 years. Even when the love isn't expressed you know it's always there.

i honestly go through periods where i wouldn't even consider them top 50, lol.

but it always comes back around.......they are never set in stone like a Meat Loaf or Pink Floyd or even Alter Bridge is.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Again?

but it always comes back around.......they are never set in stone like a Meat Loaf or Pink Floyd or even Alter Bridge is.

Mick

Rush and Maiden are set in stone as my two favorites of all time. Been that way for years now. I honestly can't see anyone taking them over.

• Like 1

Mick

Again?

Mick

Rush and Maiden are set in stone as my two favorites of all time. Been that way for years now. I honestly can't see anyone taking them over.

My top 2 in stone are the beatles and Pink Floyd

i'm talkings bands not single artists. those two bands were my childhood, lol.

i barely play The Beatles or floyd now.....but they are etched i me

Mick

Mick

Again?

Mick

My top 2 in stone are the beatles and Pink Floyd

i'm talkings bands not single artists. those two bands were my childhood, lol.

i barely play The Beatles or floyd now.....but they are etched i me

Mick

That's how Rush and Maiden are with me. I could not hear anything from them for years and when I pick back up it's like I never stopped.

• Like 1

Well, 2000's Maiden is really growing on me big time! I was so hooked on their classics, I was taken aback by the lengthier tracks.
  • Like 1

Well, 2000's Maiden is really growing on me big time! I was so hooked on their classics, I was taken aback by the lengthier tracks.

i have to be honest......i play reunion Maiden WAY more these days.

i kinda prefer it.

Mick

I'm currently going through Rush. i'm going do one decade a day it's easier that way. will post rankings for each when finished.

Mick

A decade per day...that’s a healthy dose of free time!

• Like 1

I'm currently going through Rush. i'm going do one decade a day it's easier that way. will post rankings for each when finished.

Mick

i always have free time, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

i always have free time, lol

Mick

I’m getting there...closer and closer every day, lol...

• Like 1

So Real quick having just finished 70's Rush my rankings.

1. Hemispheres

2. Caress of Steel

3. 2112

4. Fly by Night

5. Rush

6. A Farewell to Kings

there will be Disagreements on AFTK but i've never been high on it and it has not changed.

80's Rush Tomorrow

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

So Real quick having just finished 70's Rush my rankings.

1. Hemispheres

2. Caress of Steel

3. 2112

4. Fly by Night

5. Rush

6. A Farewell to Kings

there will be Disagreements on AFTK but i've never been high on it and it has not changed.

80's Rush Tomorrow

Mick

Mine:

1. Hemispheres

2. Caress Of Steel

3. A Farewell To Kings

4. 2112

5. Rush

6. Fly By Night

• Like 1

Hey guys here's a recent picture of STYX lead singer Dennis De Old:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3FVsvyvZrRI/UxXNBnDq5tI/AAAAAAAADgQ/9_bsZeFGyAY/s1600/Barry+Manilow+Singer+Old+Now+Plastic+Surgery+Gay+Weird+Face+Ugly+Mess+Talented+Icon+Legend.jpg

• Like 1

So finished 80's Rush i shall try to Rank them, lol

1. Hold Your Fire

2. Permanant Waves

3. Signals

4. Presto

5. Power Windows

6. Moving Pictures

7. Grace Under Pressure

I really had a hard time with MP or power Windows being 5. but in the end Windows won.

and Grace as much as i loved it this time i loved so many albums more. So last you go.

This really WAS hard, lol

90's tomorrow

and a much quicker round.

Mick

• Like 2

I will rank 80s Maiden:

1. Moving Pictures

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

4. Hold Your Fire

5. Presto

6. Signals

7. Power Windows

THIS WAS AWFUL TO DO MY TOP FOUR ARE ALL NUMBER ONES!

• Like 1

I will rank 80s Maiden:

1. Moving Pictures

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

4. Hold Your Fire

5. Presto

6. Signals

7. Power Windows

THIS WAS AWFUL TO DO MY TOP FOUR ARE ALL NUMBER ONES!

it was awful.

just proving this is my fav era of Rush.

70's i ranked right off.

the 80's records took my several SEVERAL minutes. Power Windows and MP swapped places about 10 times, lol

Mick

I now own the first twelve Maiden albums, and continue to play them endlessly.

Here is how I rank them currently:

Let me try, based on what I own and frequently play:

These are all classics:

1. Somewhere In Time (Every song is a classic, and it has my favourite Maiden song: Wasted Years)

2. Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son (The only reason this isn't number one is due to the fact that SIT just so happens to have my favourite song off both albums. Killer album.)

3. Number Of The Beast (I used to think this was just very good, but I came to my senses this year. Phenomenal album, my favourite songs are Run To The Hills (one of my fave metal anthems ever), and Prisoner.)

4. Piece Of Mind (Everything to love about Maiden is here. Where Eagles Dare is my favourite song here, The Trooper is deservedly a classic, but Flight Of Icarus is probably my vote for most underrated Maiden song ever.)

5. No Prayer For The Dying (personal favourite, sue me. I love pretty much everything here, Tail Gunner, the title track, The Assassin, Hooks In You...that massive single which shall not be named...I love it all! Great return to their punkier roots too.)

6. Iron Maiden (Running Free is my favourite song here, and may be in my top five overall. Exquisite debut album, one that I think needs more live. If Maiden kept Paul for more than two albums, I'd be happy.)

7. Brave New World (climbing, I really love this album but it's growing on me more and more. Dream Of Mirrors, The Mercenary, Out Of The Silent Planet and The Thin Line Between Love And Hate are my favourite songs. Amazing rebirth!)

8. Killers (Stunning second album, but let's not kid ourselves, you can hear the ambition in the songwriting, and as much as I love him, you can almost hear the songwriting itself demand a bigger voice. Still, I love it.

9. Powerslave (a terrific album, but I'm not the biggest fan of Losfer Words and Back In The Village. The only eighties album with songs I skip. Which is a shame as the rest of the album is all killer.)

Major drop off here, I doubt I'd replace these if they went missing:

10. Virtual XI (I actually like it, but it definitely isn't essential)

11. Fear Of The Dark (some great songs here, about four songs in fact. I actively hate some of the songs on offer here, and Bruce has never sounded worse (I'd say he sounds worse at times here than Blaze ever did on record)).

12. The X Factor (unlistenable, I genuinely hear goodness but it is just so boring)

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1