10. Iron Maiden

11. Powerslave

12. Killers

13. The Final Frontier

14. X Factor

15. Fear of the Dark

16. Virtual XI

I switched Killers and Final Frontier.

the.ir numbers were reversed. Decided i like Killers Better.

Mick

All together.

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece of Mind

3. Beast

4. Seventh Son

5. Brave New World

6. A Matter of Live and Death

7. No Prayer

8. The Book of Souls

9. Dance of Death

10. Iron Maiden

11. Powerslave

12. Killers

13. The Final Frontier

14. X Factor

15. Fear of the Dark

16. Virtual XI

I switched Killers and Final Frontier.

the.ir numbers were reversed. Decided i like Killers Better.

Mick

Just expanded my thoughts!

• Like 1

Finished 90's's Rush.

very easy for me here.

1. Test For Echo

2. Counterparts

3. Roll the Bones

i LOVE T4E now.

CP would be better as a 5 song EP

and RTB is pretty awful with 4 bright spots. but the awful drags it way down. 90's Rush is easily their weakest era though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Finished 90's's Rush.

very easy for me here.

1. Test For Echo

2. Counterparts

3. Roll the Bones

i LOVE T4E now.

and RTB is pretty awful with 4 bright spots. but the awful drags it way down. 90's Rush is easily their weakest era though.

Mick

Ok well...................

To each their own haha

• Like 1

Finished 90's's Rush.

very easy for me here.

1. Test For Echo

2. Counterparts

3. Roll the Bones

i LOVE T4E now.

Mick

Ok well...................

To each their own haha

yea.....I can tell you modern era rush will be more favorable. it's really opened up to me.

Mick

I will rank 80s Maiden:

1. Moving Pictures

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

4. Hold Your Fire

5. Presto

6. Signals

7. Power Windows

THIS WAS AWFUL TO DO MY TOP FOUR ARE ALL NUMBER ONES!

But none of those are Maiden albums.

I smell a rat!

• Like 1

I will rank 80s Maiden:

1. Moving Pictures

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

4. Hold Your Fire

5. Presto

6. Signals

7. Power Windows

THIS WAS AWFUL TO DO MY TOP FOUR ARE ALL NUMBER ONES!

But none of those are Maiden albums.

I smell a rat!

hey your right..........unless Maiden made cover albums of 80's Rush albums and they're in the vault.

Mick

Hey guys here's a recent picture of STYX lead singer Dennis De Old:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3FVsvyvZrRI/UxXNBnDq5tI/AAAAAAAADgQ/9_bsZeFGyAY/s1600/Barry+Manilow+Singer+Old+Now+Plastic+Surgery+Gay+Weird+Face+Ugly+Mess+Talented+Icon+Legend.jpg

Big fan of Dennis De Old. Love his songs Mandy and Copacabana.

• Like 1

On a side note, Dokken are becoming one of my very favourite eighties bands!

Metal? Heavy AOR!

i must get round to these guys too. I'll get there. after this new DT album is out of the way, lol

Mick

So many really great melodic songs!

Any good starting point?

Mick

Look up the song Alone Again.

It's one of my favourite rock ballads at the moment!

Mine too, bro! I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_P-v1BVQn8

• Like 1

On a side note, Dokken are becoming one of my very favourite eighties bands!

Metal? Heavy AOR!

i must get round to these guys too. I'll get there. after this new DT album is out of the way, lol

Mick

So many really great melodic songs!

Any good starting point?

Mick

Look up the song Alone Again.

It's one of my favourite rock ballads at the moment!

Mine too, bro! I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_P-v1BVQn8

Gilbert Da shit actually.

Mick

• Like 1

I now own the first twelve Maiden albums, and continue to play them endlessly.

Here is how I rank them currently:

Let me try, based on what I own and frequently play:

These are all classics:

1. Somewhere In Time (Every song is a classic, and it has my favourite Maiden song: Wasted Years)

2. Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son (The only reason this isn't number one is due to the fact that SIT just so happens to have my favourite song off both albums. Killer album.)

3. Number Of The Beast (I used to think this was just very good, but I came to my senses this year. Phenomenal album, my favourite songs are Run To The Hills (one of my fave metal anthems ever), and Prisoner.)

4. Piece Of Mind (Everything to love about Maiden is here. Where Eagles Dare is my favourite song here, The Trooper is deservedly a classic, but Flight Of Icarus is probably my vote for most underrated Maiden song ever.)

5. No Prayer For The Dying (personal favourite, sue me. I love pretty much everything here, Tail Gunner, the title track, The Assassin, Hooks In You...that massive single which shall not be named...I love it all! Great return to their punkier roots too.)

6. Iron Maiden (Running Free is my favourite song here, and may be in my top five overall. Exquisite debut album, one that I think needs more live. If Maiden kept Paul for more than two albums, I'd be happy.)

7. Brave New World (climbing, I really love this album but it's growing on me more and more. Dream Of Mirrors, The Mercenary, Out Of The Silent Planet and The Thin Line Between Love And Hate are my favourite songs. Amazing rebirth!)

8. Killers (Stunning second album, but let's not kid ourselves, you can hear the ambition in the songwriting, and as much as I love him, you can almost hear the songwriting itself demand a bigger voice. Still, I love it.

9. Powerslave (a terrific album, but I'm not the biggest fan of Losfer Words and Back In The Village. The only eighties album with songs I skip. Which is a shame as the rest of the album is all killer.)

Major drop off here, I doubt I'd replace these if they went missing:

10. Virtual XI (I actually like it, but it definitely isn't essential)

11. Fear Of The Dark (some great songs here, about four songs in fact. I actively hate some of the songs on offer here, and Bruce has never sounded worse (I'd say he sounds worse at times here than Blaze ever did on record)).

12. The X Factor (unlistenable, I genuinely hear goodness but it is just so boring)

Icarus is not underrated at all everyone loves it. I couldn't even hear Bruce singing it at the show last night. That's how loud the crowd was singing along.

• Like 2

These are all classics:

1. Somewhere In Time (Every song is a classic, and it has my favourite Maiden song: Wasted Years)

2. Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son (The only reason this isn't number one is due to the fact that SIT just so happens to have my favourite song off both albums. Killer album.)

3. Number Of The Beast (I used to think this was just very good, but I came to my senses this year. Phenomenal album, my favourite songs are Run To The Hills (one of my fave metal anthems ever), and Prisoner.)

4. Piece Of Mind (Everything to love about Maiden is here. Where Eagles Dare is my favourite song here, The Trooper is deservedly a classic, but Flight Of Icarus is probably my vote for most underrated Maiden song ever.)

5. No Prayer For The Dying (personal favourite, sue me. I love pretty much everything here, Tail Gunner, the title track, The Assassin, Hooks In You...that massive single which shall not be named...I love it all! Great return to their punkier roots too.)

6. Iron Maiden (Running Free is my favourite song here, and may be in my top five overall. Exquisite debut album, one that I think needs more live. If Maiden kept Paul for more than two albums, I'd be happy.)

7. Brave New World (climbing, I really love this album but it's growing on me more and more. Dream Of Mirrors, The Mercenary, Out Of The Silent Planet and The Thin Line Between Love And Hate are my favourite songs. Amazing rebirth!)

8. Killers (Stunning second album, but let's not kid ourselves, you can hear the ambition in the songwriting, and as much as I love him, you can almost hear the songwriting itself demand a bigger voice. Still, I love it.

9. Powerslave (a terrific album, but I'm not the biggest fan of Losfer Words and Back In The Village. The only eighties album with songs I skip. Which is a shame as the rest of the album is all killer.)

11. Fear Of The Dark (some great songs here, about four songs in fact. I actively hate some of the songs on offer here, and Bruce has never sounded worse (I'd say he sounds worse at times here than Blaze ever did on record)).

12. The X Factor (unlistenable, I genuinely hear goodness but it is just so boring)

Icarus is not underrated at all everyone loves it. I couldn't even hear Bruce singing it at the show last night. That's how loud the crowd was singing along.

This makes me happy!

These are all classics:

This makes me happy!

So, what's it like in the UK when it comes to Maiden hits? In north America Run To The Hills is the only song I have ever heard regularly played by radio stations. Is it the same there or are there other songs from them known by the general public?

• Like 1

These are all classics:

This makes me happy!

So, what's it like in the UK when it comes to Maiden hits? In north America Run To The Hills is the only song I have ever heard regularly played by radio stations. Is it the same there or are there other songs from them known by the general public?

In the UK right now? To non-metal fans, Run To The Hills is about it. If you're lucky. But there are a lot of Maiden fans so I'm surrounded by people who are currently gobsmacked I've been a metal fan nearly half my life, and am only now buying the albums!

But yeah, Run is all you ever hear on rock radio (which really only ever seems to want to play the lighter side of classic rock, or pop punk).

Also, Brave New World is the first Maiden album to really challenge me. I now low it, and am excited to dig into the reato of their modern era!

Definitely gobsmacked by how much they evolved away from their crap era, but even more surprised they actually continue a lot of elements from those weaker albums, but just excel at writing great songs.

I could skip from No Prayer to Brave New World very happily, and pretend the albums in between don't exist (although only X Factor has no songs I like).

• Like 2

So finished up rush and ranking the modern era

1. Snakes and arrows

2. Vapar Trails

3. Clockwork Angels.

SA could be top 5 Rush. i love it. it's far and away the best flowing modern Rush album. Give or take a song or two. and it's more melodic and memorable than VT.

now.....VT. i love every song out of the context of an album. but as an album......it hangs together like shit. it all becomes a blur in my mind.

CA......i liked it a lot more than i used too. but......too many skip-able songs and baffle-ingly bad production bring it down.

So i finished my run and i can say. i enjoy Rush WAY more now.

Mick

1. Snakes and arrows

2. Vapar Trails

3. Clockwork Angels.

SA could be top 5 Rush. i love it. it's far and away the best flowing modern Rush album. Give or take a song or two. and it's more melodic and memorable than VT.

now.....VT. i love every song out of the context of an album. but as an album......it hangs together like shit. it all becomes a blur in my mind.

CA......i liked it a lot more than i used too. but......too many skip-able songs and baffle-ingly bad production bring it down.

Mick

I can't understand how I used to listen to VT from start to finish...I also love every song but no longer in one sitting.

SA is great, but CA, even the good stuff I don't need or ever really want to hear.

• Like 1

1. Snakes and arrows

2. Vapar Trails

3. Clockwork Angels.

Mick

I can't understand how I used to listen to VT from start to finish...I also love every song but no longer in one sitting.

SA is great, but CA, even the good stuff I don't need or ever really want to hear.

and i think my problem was the opposite with VT.....i should have tried individual songs. cause the album all at once is a nightmare, lol

Mick

^^^ You both think S&A is better than VT and Clockwork Angels?? Hole Lee swear filter!

Personally think CA is one of the bands worst albums. I forget, for example, that Halo Effect is a thing that happened until the album plays. And whilst it's on, I struggle to realise that, yes, it is a thing that happened.

^^^ You both think S&A is better than VT and Clockwork Angels?? Hole Lee swear filter!

Personally think CA is one of the bands worst albums. I forget, for example, that Halo Effect is a thing that happened until the album plays. And whilst it's on, I struggle to realise that, yes, it is a thing that happened.

Halo effect is essentially rush does Nickelback with (i guess) better lyrics, lol

Mick