The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I'm fully expecting my distance from Rush to pay off, lol

it's almost been at least 8 months.

i'll be raving about them again someday

Mick

I've hardly listened to them over the past two or three years now, and it doesn't look like I'll ever like them all that much again. Oh well.

It happens.

Also, I really don't like Geddy's voice anymore either :oops: SCREECH

• Like 2

Mick

I've hardly listened to them over the past two or three years now, and it doesn't look like I'll ever like them all that much again. Oh well.

It happens.

They don't get much playtime on my end either. Every once in awhile I'll listen to an album, but gone are the days of me listening to :rush: for extended periods of time. On that note, I don't listen to prog that much ever anymore and when I do, it's of prog bands I already enjoy for years now.

My Chemical Romance (the hype got crazy...but I was there from he start and they were magic)

Yeah, I agree the MCR hype train was sky high from that period of 2005-2008...then it sort of died out and then sort of reignited when they broke-up. They were an important band during that 2005-2008 period for me as those were probably the darkest years of my life both literally and metaphorically, but IDK if I'll ever touch that band again because of it.

Mick

It happens.

yea no matter what anyone says to me. Ged is technically NOT a good singer. the Screaming without real training is what ruined him in later years. I know he was young. but it was just stupid of him to sing like that for half a decade.

Mick

Mick

It happens.

yea no matter what anyone says to me. Ged is technically NOT a good singer. the Screaming without real training is what ruined him in later years. I know he was young. but it was just stupid of him to sing like that for half a decade.

Mick

Ged's my favorite yodeler though, hahaha. :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

It happens.

Mick

Ged's my favorite yodeler though, hahaha. :LOL:

lol. for sure. he had that down in later years.

my dog likes to yodel with ged, lol

Mick

I'm really not that much of a fan of the "Visions" album by Haken. It's too dark and redundant - the main recurring themes aren't very appealing to me, and that's a huge problem.

I've listened to the album a few times, but most of the time I just listen to "Premonition" and leave it at that :D

1. Aquarius, The Mountain

3. Affinity

4. Visions

Hmm...I'm starting to conclude my initial indifference towards Haken was because of how much The Mountain was hyped by progtards on the Dream Theater Forum (I was a member there for a time but no longer go there) and how I didn't get the same experience they had when listening to it. But I remember that one Haken song Not played in the Not-led Rabb.it chat one time which I did really like and I know for sure it wasn't from The Mountain. Can't remember the name of the song nor the album, but once I'm in a prog mood, I'll set time aside to listen to it.

Well...I have TWO DAYS OFF!!

And I'm listening to Vektor, Testament, Metallica and living it all (but Metallica the least haha).

• Like 1

And I'm listening to Vektor, Testament, Metallica and living it all (but Metallica the least haha).

So you´re enjoying your thrash fix eh? Try Anthrax´s For All Kings if you have a chance!

So you´re enjoying your thrash fix eh? Try Anthrax´s For All Kings if you have a chance!

OK! Yeah I enjoy metal when it suits me haha

I always look forward to new Testament stuff. I don't know what it is about them but they have always been my favourite thrash metal band.

Kid 17 - L/R Kid A with the left track 17 seconds ahead of the right.

It's a cool idea, but.. Meh.

Idioteque seems to be the only song that worked well with this experiment :)

http://youtu.be/q_G8mLQKsAs

I'm gonna have to hunt for more fan edits of this album.

As for my own? I doubt I'll be able to host much of it on youtube since most of it is very similar to the original in sound (hence AmbMaster rather than AmbRemix) and therefore detected by copyright and promptly blocked worldwide... But here's what I've got so far

Treefingers reversed isn't recognized, so I am able to share that (also, surprisingly this is the only reverse of Treefingers on youtube. There are plenty of other Radiohead songs reversed on youtube, and I'd assume reversing Treefingers is a must)

I haven't tried many other songs, all I know is How To Disappear Completely (Blanket) is blocked worldwide.

http://youtu.be/VGwUt5QYCis

Edited by Mr. Not

So i watched the first night of Neverender mr Not..........and wow Awesome. what i want to know how does Claudio sing so high and sound so good live? cause you know a lot of people who sing high. nerf it live. cause it's hard to do. not Claudio, he melted my face, lol

Playing Dream Theater, Images And Words.

I swear I love this album so much more every time I return to it.

If King's X and Toto had a baby together it would have sounded like this.

• Like 1

i need to play DT again.

I remember when you were cold towards Images, lol

it is such a great well crafted album.

Mick

i need to play DT again.

I remember when you were cold towards Images, lol

it is such a great well crafted album.

Mick

It's not one of their very best but I think it's a great album.

• Like 1

I think Images and Words has some of their best songs (Take The Time, Metropolis Pt. 1, Under A Glass Moon and Learning To Live) but it ain't my favorite DT album either which is funny/ironic cause I think Octavarium has less songs I'd consider to be their best yet as a whole, it's my favorite DT album.
  • Like 1