Can we please stop complaining?

DirkPrattLerxst

And will not pretend problems don';t exist. I was raised to not mince words and i will not for someone else's comfort.

Mick

You need to experience corporate America...it's the best

not the greatest boston album.
  • Like 1

Great post Lucas.

I am thankful. Thankful for Ged, Alex, and Neil...it sounds silly, but it can't be overstated how much joy the music of :rush: has given me over the years.

• Like 3

This morning was enough for me on here. i have no patience for someone complaining about complainers.

:facepalm:

I agree. Can we please stop complaining about complaining?

First of all do we know fo'sho that Geddy's voice is Tai Shan? Maybe the break wil have done his voice well. Matters not to me much I'm seeing the band in Tulsa on night one!

A lot of the people that complain are people who have been fans since the 70's and 80's. I guess it makes them sad to see that touring really is coming to an end.

Can we please stop complaining about Ged's aging voice? He's in his 60s, cut him some slack. It's what touring for 40 years does to you. Everyone's voice ages. Just be glad they're still touring.

We "complain" (really make non-rose-colored-glasses-observations) about Ged's voice to bring the universe back into balance after some fanboy or another says he sounds just fine.

I'm not saying it's still like it was in the 70s/80s, there are obvious flaws. I'm just saying that for his age it isn't bad.

• Like 2

A lot of the people that complain are people who have been fans since the 70's and 80's. I guess it makes them sad to see that touring really is coming to an end.

It really is a life altering reality for me since Moving Pictures every couple of years I get together with dear friends to see Rush. Yeah there was that break in 90's right aboot when life was busy anyway.

Can we please stop complaining about Ged's aging voice? He's in his 60s, cut him some slack. It's what touring for 40 years does to you. Everyone's voice ages. Just be glad they're still touring.

We "complain" (really make non-rose-colored-glasses-observations) about Ged's voice to bring the universe back into balance after some fanboy or another says he sounds just fine.

I'm not saying it's still like it was in the 70s/80s, there are obvious flaws. I'm just saying that for his age it isn't bad.

Geddy Lee is still better than David Lee.

• Like 4

Geddy Lee is still better than David Lee.

Agreed

On Clockwork Angels he kicks major ass. Their finest hour! The 70's era of Rush produced great music, but these guys didn't "peak" just 7 years into recording. Clockwork Angels is the total package. Gimme the latest studio album anyday. Vocal wise Geddy SLAYS it on every song. True to form in the classic sense.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 6

This morning was enough for me on here. i have no patience for someone complaining about complainers.

:facepalm:

I agree. Can we please stop complaining about complaining?

Careful - that's close to being a complaint about complainer complaints.

• Like 2

NOBODY is telling me, when i should, or can, complain.

My Granda fought in the war for my RIGHT to complain!

Ged's yodelling is goddamn awful.

there.

:codger:

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 2

NOBODY is telling me, when i should, or can, complain.

My Granda fought in the war for my RIGHT to complain!

Ged's yodelling is goddamn awful.

there.

:codger:

Don't forget the mush mouth.

But man could he sing in the day.

See i added a positive bit, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Qualitative evidence please:

"yodelling" occurs on __________ DVD during the song ______________ at ______________.

"mush mouth" occurs on ___________ DVD during the song ______________ at ____________.

Your credibility will be shot if you say "every song" since _________________.

Also: earwax? Check for blockages.

Also: :)

"yodelling" occurs on __________ DVD during the song ______________ at ______________.

"mush mouth" occurs on ___________ DVD during the song ______________ at ____________.

:laughing guy:

if you really want could tell you the mush mouth highlight occurs on TM.

Time stand Still

and i quote

FREE DIS MOMAH TA LIL BIT LONGAH.

i swear he sings that.

lol :laughing guy:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Time stand Still

and i quote

i swear he sings that.

Mick

Who is Dis Momah? Is he a political prisoner?

Time stand Still

and i quote

i swear he sings that.

Mick

Who is Dis Momah? Is he a political prisoner?

Ged used that song for politic-ing lol

Sneaky bugger

Mick

• Like 1

I agree but please get rid of that horrific orchestra.

Geddy Lee should sing with a Bob Dylan impression. It's fun.

I kinda hated it when he did that rasta thing for Working Man, though. "Dey call me da work-in' man, uh-wa-ho..."

• Like 1

I agree but please get rid of that horrific orchestra.

What? That's crazy talk. The orchestra was fantastic, and I'm so glad I had a chance to see Rush tour with them.

Signed,

A Non-Complainer

• Like 1

It's ingrained knowledge, but when anyone points out that Geddy, Alex, or Neil is in his 60's, I'm still taken aback a bit. I mean, to do what they do (and soon will be doing) at their age, and to do it as well and with as much enthusiasm, is incredible. If any of my bodily expressions are as good as geddy's voice when I hit my mid-60's, I;ll be quite happy.

Not to mention him being able to run around stage for 2-3 hours carrying a bass. At 63. For months at a time. And still have fun.

• Like 3

http://archives.rickresource.com/oldattachments/46142.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Great hair. Questionable shirt.

• Like 1