Can we please stop complaining?

DirkPrattLerxst

It's the other way around.

Great shirt.

Questionable hair.

:cool:

Agreed. Digg'in the shirt. I don't really mind the hair much either... :cheers:

in this thread - people who post on a rush fan forum every single day of their lives trying to prove to each other that they're not "fanboys"

I AM NOT A FANBOY!

I am a fan girl :D

• Like 1

in this thread - people who post on a rush fan forum every single day of their lives trying to prove to each other that they're not "fanboys"

I AM NOT A FANBOY!

I am a fan girl :D

Was gonna say... Before I read down some. I have seen a few pics. Nothing boy anything going on with you... :)
  • Like 1

Like LIX said once, you come here for the band, stay for the people.

Hug? You don't seem the huggy type, but here's a hug whether you like it or not. :hug2:

• Like 3

on the edge of sleep I was drifting for half the night...

anxious & restless.... pressed DOWN by the darkness....

seriously, I'd take the next album just Ged mainly talking through it like that. brilliant stuff.

• Like 2

Can we please stop complaining about Ged's aging voice? He's in his 60s, cut him some slack. It's what touring for 40 years does to you. Everyone's voice ages. Just be glad they're still touring.

We "complain" (really make non-rose-colored-glasses-observations) about Ged's voice to bring the universe back into balance after some fanboy or another says he sounds just fine.

I'm not saying it's still like it was in the 70s/80s, there are obvious flaws. I'm just saying that for his age it isn't bad.

On Clockwork Angels he kicks major ass. Their finest hour! The 70's era of Rush produced great music, but these guys didn't "peak" just 7 years into recording. Clockwork Angels is the total package. Gimme the latest studio album anyday. Vocal wise Geddy SLAYS it on every song. True to form in the classic sense.

Please tell us you're joking or being sarcastic, otherwise this is a classic example of fanboyism. SLAYS it even. :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Can we please stop complaining about Ged's aging voice? He's in his 60s, cut him some slack. It's what touring for 40 years does to you. Everyone's voice ages. Just be glad they're still touring.

I so agree with you!

Hug? You don't seem the huggy type, but here's a hug whether you like it or not. :hug2:

I'm slipping in if the young man doesn't know what is good for him.... :hug2: :)
  • Like 2

:hug2:

^^^^ This is way true. The band can only sustain a person for so long. The folks here can seemingly for a lifetime...
  • Like 2

Post of the Millenia

I literally spewed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02PqtMgBBA

yeah I don't get "fanboy" being thrown around as an insult on a fan forum. seems like a very high school "negative = cool and smart" sort of remark. on the flipside, OP is being very high school by making this thread. there's a vocal minority that doesn't like geddy's voice, big deal. they're still buying tickets, f**k 'em and move on.

• Like 1

seriously, I'd take the next album just Ged mainly talking through it like that. brilliant stuff.

I love that song. Different from most of their other stuff, but so great.

• Like 1

Double Agent kicks major ass

• Like 5

as for ged's voice, I think he still sounds good on most post-82 stuff. obviously not on stuff before that

Agreed, so many other vocalists are much weaker. I'll reserve judgement for May8th.

We "complain" (really make non-rose-colored-glasses-observations) about Ged's voice to bring the universe back into balance after some fanboy or another says he sounds just fine.

I'm not saying it's still like it was in the 70s/80s, there are obvious flaws. I'm just saying that for his age it isn't bad.

On Clockwork Angels he kicks major ass. Their finest hour! The 70's era of Rush produced great music, but these guys didn't "peak" just 7 years into recording. Clockwork Angels is the total package. Gimme the latest studio album anyday. Vocal wise Geddy SLAYS it on every song. True to form in the classic sense.

Please tell us you're joking or being sarcastic, otherwise this is a classic example of fanboyism. SLAYS it even. :laughing guy:

Is that "fanboi"?

Fanboi would have made a great 80's new wave band name.

Not be be an old fart, but trumpeting the whole idea of a "fanboy" seems the domain of the insecure 20-something for whom [insert artist name here] is still an identity that hasn't yet resolved into an acceptance of a serious appreciation of [insert artist name here]. And because it's identity, anyone who comes along and seems less knowledgeable about the artist immediately becomes less of a person.

I doubt Yoda or Morgan Freeman would have used the term "fanboy"

Is that "fanboi"?

Not be be an old fart, but trumpeting the whole idea of a "fanboy" seems the domain of the insecure 20-something for whom [insert artist name here] is still an identity that hasn't yet resolved into an acceptance of a serious appreciation of [insert artist name here]. And because it's identity, anyone who comes along and seems less knowledgeable about the artist immediately becomes less of a person.

it's especially meaningless when you think about how the people who throw around "fanboy" the most are guys who have seen rush close to 20 times, have more than 10,000 posts on a rush fan forum, etc.

when you're 16 and you just found bukowski it's really easy to get sucked into the "negative = I'll look smart and cool" thing, and a lot of people don't grow out of it. criticizing rush's performance flaws is fine, but it's the suggestion that people who still enjoy the shows are just brainless sycophants that annoys me. if you go into every experience with the mindset of "instead of judging this on its own merits, I will compare this experience to when I did the same thing in 1978" you'll never have much fun.

Edited by bathory
  • Like 5

Is that "fanboi"?

it's especially meaningless when you think about how the people who throw around "fanboy" the most are guys who have seen rush close to 20 times, have more than 10,000 posts on a rush fan forum, etc.

when you're 16 and you just found bukowski it's really easy to get sucked into the "negative = I'll look smart and cool" thing, and a lot of people don't grow out of it. criticizing rush's performance flaws is fine, but it's the suggestion that people who still enjoy the shows are just brainless sycophants that annoys me. if you go into every experience with the mindset of "instead of judging this on its own merits, I will compare this experience to when I did the same thing in 1978" you'll never have much fun.

You'll likely never read that I don't enjoy the show, except for "Working Them Angels", but when one listens to Snakes & Arrows - Live, I'm not sure how anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity can think Geddy's voice is still good. It is, at times but generally, it's kind of lousy. Regardless of how bad he sings, the overall show is still pretty damn good and it's easy to separate the two. If it isn't for some, that's their problem.

BTW, I'm well north of my 20's and didn't see Rush until I was in my 20's and have seen them 11 times since 1986.

Is that "fanboi"?

You'll likely never read that I don't enjoy the show, except for "Working Them Angels", but when one listens to Snakes & Arrows - Live, I'm not sure how anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity can think Geddy's voice is still good. It is, at times but generally, it's kind of lousy. Regardless of how bad he sings, the overall show is still pretty damn good and it's easy to separate the two. If it isn't for some, that's their problem.

BTW, I'm well north of my 20's and didn't see Rush until I was in my 20's and have seen them 11 times since 1986.

like I said earlier, I think he sounds bad on old stuff and, for the most part, good on stuff after 1982. that's why I liked the CA tour so much. I think he's got some shitty shitty nights for sure, but with all the breaks between shows + keeping the set 80s/90s centric, geddy's voice is staying in decent shape. I thought CA 2012 geddy blew S&A and TM geddy away. of course, by 2013 he was sounding really really tired again and seemed to be phoning it in at times. so who knows what'll happen

thanks for telling me how old you are and how many shows you've seen. not sure why you did or what part of my post you're responding to, but alright. uh, I turn 20 in september. I'm 5'8. I have 2 cats. I've seen rush 3 times, my 4th show will be next month. my name is bathory. :)

• Like 1

Is that "fanboi"?

Only 11 times? What a fanboy.