Cold Fire vs Virtuality

YYZumbi

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you think is best?

Here my vote will go to Cold Fire... I just love the way they played it on Counterparts Tour! I don´t understand why this have not become a play-every-tour-song!

Virtuality is a very good song with one unfortunate phrase in the chorus. Cold Fire is a series of cringe inducing crap lyrics and a bland, boring mess musically.
  • Like 1

Funny thing, I don't know why, but I read Cold Fire as Double Agent (I guess since they are similar tracks from counterparts), and I immediately clicked Virtuality. I then started reading the comments and realised the error of my ways, and promptly deleted then changed my vote.

I love Virtuality (bad lyrics? WHO CARES), but I am a sucker for country style songs by rock bands (so long as they are not slow).

Cold fire is a very good tune. Outside of the cool opening riff, Virtuality is nowhere close.

I have to agree that it is a waste of a seriously good riff.

Cold fire is a very good tune. Outside of the cool opening riff, Virtuality is nowhere close.

I have to agree that it is a waste of a seriously good riff.

The first five seconds are decent.

Cold fire for sure. Virtuality has some solid musical qualities I guess, but the steaming pile lyrics are cringe-tastic.

What in particular do you not like about the lyrics? I've heard this before but I don't quite understand it.

Maybe not only the lyrics (ok...net/boy girl) as much as the "Virtuality" concept/subject matter. Seems corny and dated. Smelling perfume and tasting lips...

internet connection terms...modems...pixelated space...cyber sea...(grates on me)

But hey, this is from a guy who loves "Dog Years"... :ph34r: