New Muse song - Psycho, new album Drones coming out in June

The moment i knew i was finished with them probably for good was on the 2nd Law.. Madness. That horrible Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-MAAAD MAAAAD MAAAD.

bye idiots, lol

Mick

I absolutely LOVE that song!

I had lost interest in Muse. Actually thought they were rubbish.

Then that song came out and I was hooked! The 2nd Law is my second favourite Muse album! And Th 2nd Law: Unsustainable, the most dub-step influenced track, is a beast, both on record and live.

Live the 2nd Law tunes were incredible. Especially Madness, Unsustainable (which opened the show) and The 2nd Law which was super intense live really come through better in that setting. Animals...I could go on and on about how good the 2nd Law came across live.

They are a live band all the way. I thought Madness was meh on the CD...and it started to grow on me. But after seeing it live it blew me away.

I actually applaud a rock band that has the balls to toy around with a genre such as dubstep, and to use it to construct really intelligent sounds and wonderful songs!

Tge 2nd Law is a fantastic album, and proof that Muse do what they want, leaving fans behind and making new fans as they go along.

Not to dissimilar to what was going on with Rush, Queen and Yes in the eighties to be honest.

Spot on man. I love when bands experiment (and some have failed for me like Radiohead post Ok Computer). And Muse has been a natural progression from the riff laden Origin Of Symmetry to The 2nd Law. Each album going farther, exploring new sounds and rhythms. That is the definition of progressive rock music to me. Muse has plenty of Rush influence in them (as well as Queen and some others). It's great.

Porcupine Tree was the exact same process. From their early heady ethereal music on Sky Moves Sideways and Signify, to the more tighter melodic tunes on Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream to the brilliance and heavy riffing of In Absentia - The Incident. I love that band because they were always reaching higher.

The end result is subjective. But the process and desire to create different sounds is the heart and soul of progressive rock.

I really dislike the latest Muse song, but only because I think its weak. If this is the direction they are going in for this album, then I may avoid. But does that mean my interest is lost?

Nope. Some bands are just hit and miss for me, like Rush and Toto. A few bands (Nightwish, Lacuna Coil and Jim Morrison-era The Doors) released music I love over and over again wihout exception.

Muse are so openminded, it isn't all for me. But how many mainstream bands today experiment and push boundaries like Muse? None come to mind.

Muse adding Dubstep influences is no difderent to Rush incorporating New Wave or Yes exploring AOR. Taste aside, I enjoy observing the evolution.

Not looking forward to this release.

I have the new Steven Wilson and it's still sealed.

No time to rock and roll.

Unseal it....now....trust me I am a doctor of rock n roll.

Got it today...some great songs in it!!! Revolt, Defector, Reapers...haven´t gone through everything yet. Dead Inside and Psycho still suck...but the album as a whole is not as bad as I thought it would be initially.
  • Like 2

Gave Drones my first listen. It's ok. I got the DVD too which I still need to watch.

One complaint I have is the printing on the booklet and cover... Grey on grey... Hard to read for my 58 year old eyes.

Contrary to ALL other Muse releases, the Drones cover is hideous.

• Like 1

I want to love Muse, but I can't.

On all of their albums (even Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, which I consider to be their best) half of the songs are pretty lame, really.

Happily eating my words right, this is a great concept album and while the first two tracks are on the mediocre side, listening to them with the full album is not an displeasurable experience.

• Like 1

Got it today...some great songs in it!!! Revolt, Defector, Reapers...haven´t gone through everything yet. Dead Inside and Psycho still suck...but the album as a whole is not as bad as I thought it would be initially.

I noticed that Muse is scheduled to play in Rio in October. I've seen Muse live and they are great in person. Then I'm thinking what amazing fans Rush played in front of in Rio. Muse in Rio will probably be an epic event.

I noticed that Muse is scheduled to play in Rio in October. I've seen Muse live and they are great in person. Then I'm thinking what amazing fans Rush played in front of in Rio. Muse in Rio will probably be an epic event.

Tickets are insanely expensive - think USD 350. But I rarely go to concerts anymore, and I've only seen Muse at a festival or opening for U2, and in both occasions their set was shorter than usual. I might go for it!

Edited by Rod in Rio

New album is just as awful as i thought it would be. I played it like 5 times already. The past 3 albums. 3 strikes and your out Muse.

i want to like them again because i did........they were awesome. but no..........they fell hard.

Mick

• Like 1

New album is just as awful as i thought it would be. I played it like 5 times already. The past 3 albums. 3 strikes and your out Muse.

i want to like them again because i did........they were awesome. but no..........they fell hard.

Mick

I'm not gonna bother. I've already been spoiled this year musically, I don't need to waste my time with this.

I may see them live though.

• Like 1

Don't think I've ever heard a single note of this band.

Overrated, but enjoyable.

Pretty soulless prog pop, but lots of great songs!

• Like 2

I see...

I think if I want prog pop, I can stick to Supertramp. ;)

• Like 2

I see...

I think if I want prog pop, I can stick to Supertramp. ;)

Muse are good...but they are treated like Gods in the UK, although oddly enough a lot of the more honest critics rightly give them mixed reviews.

You hit the nail on the head right here... This band is a constant struggle for me -- finding out just how much I actually like/dislike them...

• Like 2