Stones to tour North America 2015

custom55

I'm very very excited about this. I know most people here are not but... For me, the summer/fall concert season is looking up. RUSH, STONES, WHO.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/tumblr_n9wkqbZk1z1se2x30o9_250_zpsxeqfnmci.gif

http://songmango.com/rolling-stones-to-tour-north-america/

• Like 1

I've seen the Stones a couple of times and left disappointed every time. Mick Jagger isn't a very good singer to begin with, but live I think he is awful. He seems to "speak" most of the songs instead of sing them.
  • Like 2

I'd love to have seen them anytime up through Tattoo You...but I was a bit young for that. I saw them in '89 and again in '94, and they were great shows.

There's no way I would pay what they'll certainly be commanding in ticket price, to see them now.

To each his own, though...enjoy!

• Like 2

They must be in awfully good shape to withstand an extensive tour at their age.

No kidding! Keith turned 72 in December, and Mick will be 72 in July. Charlie Watts is 74...I'd heard awhile back that they might be having Bill Wyman back on this tour, but I don't know if anything ever came of that or not. Wyman turns 79 this year.

:codger:

I might see them if they go to Buffalo. It's still a pretty big "If". Depends on the ticket prices and how much I enjoyed driving through the city to see Rush. They were one of my favorites when I first got into music and are basically a bucket list band, but there are still many I'd put above them

I've seen them 5 times the last time in 1994.

I knew that was it......yawn...

Here's a fun game, create a setlist, and I can promise you I get 14 songs correct.

I've seen them 5 times the last time in 1994.

I knew that was it......yawn...

Here's a fun game, create a setlist, and I can promise you I get 14 songs correct.

I saw them twice on the Voodoo Lounge tour. That was enough. Queued for hours and hours for tix as well. Crazy was I.

Don't they have enough money?

it probably isn't too much to withstand for a group like the stones.

1. same set pretty much every tour, so they don't have to relearn deep cuts or anything.

2. the music isn't as demanding or intricate, so playing isn't a strain

3. no super emotional philosophers in the stones, just party animals and people wanting to have a good time.

4. people only go see the stones anymore either out of habit/loyalty or just to say they saw the stones, so performance quality isn't taken into consideration.

the reason touring is sooooooooooooooooooo hard for rush is cause they play for 3 hours, play deep cuts so they have to actually rehearse for tours, their drummer hates everything except nature descriptions, and rush fans expect perfection and precision at all times so there's more stress on them as far as performing

Edited by bathory
  • Like 2

Let the marketing begin !!!

Looks like the Stones tickets are going on sale next Thursday. Billboards are popping up around the US.

I'm def going to the Buffalo show.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/s2_zpso7wscxzf.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/B__L0hIVIAAZs85_zps09124bt5.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

1. same set pretty much every tour, so they don't have to relearn deep cuts or anything.

3. no super emotional philosophers in the stones, just party animals and people wanting to have a good time.

4. people only go see the stones anymore either out of habit/loyalty or just to say they saw the stones, so performance quality isn't taken into consideration.

the reason touring is sooooooooooooooooooo hard for rush is cause they play for 3 hours, play deep cuts so they have to actually rehearse for tours, their drummer hates everything except nature descriptions, and rush fans expect perfection and precision at all times so there's more stress on them as far as performing

When you're at the top, people are always trying to knock you down.

#3, that was The Stones years and years ago. I doubt someone who is 74 y.o. is a party animal.

#4, that is true for any band with longevity . I saw Black Sabbath last year and I wanted to hear music from the first 4 albums, not their recent one. Same with Rush, I'd rather hear their older music over CA. True fans who still see bands like The Stones and Black Sabbath are super critical of their sound.

I know this is a Rush message board but comparing The Stones to Rush ( apples / oranges ).

They've been a band/tour for 50+ years. You gotta given them credit for that !!!

• Like 1

Let the marketing begin !!!

Looks like the Stones tickets are going on sale next Thursday. Billboards are popping up around the US.

I'm def going to the Buffalo show.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/s2_zpso7wscxzf.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/B__L0hIVIAAZs85_zps09124bt5.jpg

They're playing Buffalo? Where did you hear this?

Buffalo - July 11 at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Right now it's rumored but we'll know for sure next Thursday. I'm on the RS message board IORR.

Here's what we know so far.

Date Year Venue City/State Country Capacity Status Sun May 24 2015 Petco Park San Diego, CA USA 40,000 RUMOURED June 2015 The Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO USA 9,000 RUMOURED June/July 2015 Atlanta, GA USA RUMOURED Sat Jun 20 2015 Heinz Field Pittsburgh, PA USA 60,000 RUMOURED Sat July 11 2015 Ralph Wilson Stadium Buffalo, NY USA 70,000 RUMOURED Tue July 14 2015 Indianapolis, IN USA RUMOURED

Wow! That's awesome that Buffalo will be included on such a short tour. They haven't been here since 1997. If the ticket prices aren't too ridiculous I will go. My dad has been a die hard Stones fan since the 60s, he'll be over the moon with this announcement.

When you're at the top, people are always trying to knock you down.

#3, that was The Stones years and years ago. I doubt someone who is 74 y.o. is a party animal.

#4, that is true for any band with longevity . I saw Black Sabbath last year and I wanted to hear music from the first 4 albums, not their recent one. Same with Rush, I'd rather hear their older music over CA. True fans who still see bands like The Stones and Black Sabbath are super critical of their sound.

I know this is a Rush message board but comparing The Stones to Rush ( apples / oranges ).

They've been a band/tour for 50+ years. You gotta given them credit for that !!!

I like them and I'd go see them, they've put out plenty of great records. I hope the stones still party, and I like that they play what people wanna hear. I'm well aware that rush and the stones are only similar in that they are both rock bands.

I can make fun of a band and still dig them. :cheers:

I'm very very excited about this. I know most people here are not but... For me, the summer/fall concert season is looking up. RUSH, STONES, WHO.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/tumblr_n9wkqbZk1z1se2x30o9_250_zpsxeqfnmci.gif

http://songmango.com/rolling-stones-to-tour-north-america/

I'd rather see half THE WHO!

• Like 1

Saw them in Boston during Summer 2013. It was worth it. Old men? Sure. But they are one of my all-time favorite groups, and seeing Mick Taylor with them was an added bonus. Moreover, they still put on a great show. Yes they are guaranteed to play the old warhorses, but they do reserve a few places in the setlist for nightly surprises. For example, at my show in Boston they played "Memory Motel," a real treat. That's more than you're going to get from most bands who trace their roots to the 1960s.

It's easy to be cynical about them, but when the lights went down and the opening chords kicked in it was pretty darn exciting to be in the crowd at a Stones concert.

You're wrong about the setlist thing. The Stones' catalog has some of the greatest rock songs of all time, so yes, there are a ton of songs that pretty much have to get played (Jumping Jack Flash, Satisfaction, etc.). But every time I've seen them, they've broken out a few surprises.

One nod I'll give them over Rush live is that Jagger has never had a quality to his voice that deteriorates with age, like Geddy's ability to hit incredibly high notes. So live they sound pretty much the same as they always have.

• Like 1