Driving Pet Peeves: What Part Of "RIGHT OF WAY" Do You Not Understand?

Principled Man

I'm driving to the store, and I come to an intersection. A 2-way stop. Constant traffic on the main street. A vehicle is on the other side of intersection, waiting to go forward (towards me). I came to the intersection long after this lady did, and I'm waiting to turn left. I have my turn signal ON.....

I know what's coming. In my town, people just do NOT understand what RIGHT OF WAY means. The traffic is starting to clear, and I'm waiting for it....

Clear traffic. The lady, as I expected, WAVES TO ME TO GO AHEAD......because she, apparently, has no ability to move her vehicle until there are NO other vehicles in the area....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :LOL:

• Like 2

I'm driving to the store, and I come to an intersection. A 2-way stop. Constant traffic on the main street. A vehicle is on the other side of intersection, waiting to go forward (towards me). I came to the intersection long after this lady did, and I'm waiting to turn left. I have my turn signal ON.....

I know what's coming. In my town, people just do NOT understand what RIGHT OF WAY means. The traffic is starting to clear, and I'm waiting for it....

Clear traffic. The lady, as I expected, WAVES TO ME TO GO AHEAD......because she, apparently, has no ability to move her vehicle until there are NO other vehicles in the area....

I've had that happen. But at least they're not running the stop sign.

• Like 3

I've had that happen. But at least they're not running the stop sign.

That doesn't happen very often in my town. People are too damned timid and polite..... :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

Be glad it wasn't where you were there first, and you have your signal on, and when traffic clears, they pull out in front of you.
  • Like 1

Be glad it wasn't where you were there first, and you have your signal on, and when traffic clears, they pull out in front of you.

That only happens in Illinois..... ;) ;)

When did Milwaukee become part of IL? It happens all the damn time around here!!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 3

When did Milwaukee become part of IL? It happens all the damn time around here!!

Same here!!

And in Wisconsin, everyone drives slow in the left lane. :rage:
  • Like 3

I have the right of way in my chair, lol. I can't tell ya how many ankles i've hit cause people insist on cutting in front of me.

Mick

Put some spikes on that thing :madra:

• Like 3

"Left lane lollygaggers" they're called up here......and they're an accursed bunch!! :bitchslap:

• Like 3

not everyone... seems like a lot of them are in front of me though.

But to you ILs, 80 in the left lane is slow...

"Crusaders". My dad's a crusader.

"I'm driving 5 over the speed limit". So that gives you the right to disrupt the flow of traffic, agitate commuters, and put everyone in danger? I prefer Germany, where the left lane is for passing. Period.

• Like 4

not everyone... seems like a lot of them are in front of me though.

But to you ILs, 80 in the left lane is slow...

There is some truth to that. :D
  • Like 1

Top infuriating behaviors to me (in no particular order of enragement):

1. Not staying to the right unless your passing/driving slow in left lane

2. Driving/drifting onto shoulder, shooting debris on cars behind you

3. Not accelerating enough on an onramp

4. Left lane onramps

5. Riding the bumper when said car in front of you can't go any faster

6. Unnecessarily riding "neck and neck" with car next to you on highway creating needless danger of collision if one has to swerve

7. "Cutting the corner" when making a turn, thereby needlessly almost hitting car waiting at corner

8. Texting/talking/jerking off in car and not paying attention as related to above behaviors and others

9. Slowing down significantly on an incline w/o any reason except stupidity

10. Driving with your high beams on

11. Driving a giant SUV with no talent to do so (driving, parking, etc.)

That's just off the top of my head.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 4

Driving is a free for all in the tri-state area.

Rules? What rules?

They think rules are just suggestion :sarcastic:

• Like 1

My pet peeve is that I don't drive yet.

Let me tell ya...it's overrated. It's bad enough that you have to be wary of everything that you do behind the wheel, but you also have to account for the thousands of idiots driving near you.....or AT you.

I am surprised no one has mentioned my #1 driving pet peeve yet:

When you are driving along at a really nice pace and all of a sudden, some (usually slow) jackass just has to turn in front of you and force you to brake. At least they should move into the next lane over, but no, they stay in yours and in about two seconds you are immediately on their ass with them looking at you in the mirror like you're the jerk. 95% of the time, there was not even another car behind you, so you'd think they'd just wait for you to pass, but nah. That takes too much common sense, I guess.

• Like 3

I am surprised no one has mentioned my #1 driving pet peeve yet:

When you are driving along at a really nice pace and all of a sudden, some (usually slow) jackass just has to turn in front of you and force you to brake. At least they should move into the next lane over, but no, they stay in yours and in about two seconds you are immediately on their ass with them looking at you in the mirror like you're the jerk. 95% of the time, there was not even another car behind you, so you'd think they'd just wait for you to pass, but nah. That takes too much common sense, I guess.

I used to call this the Cadillac Syndrome. From all of the old people driving boat sized cars.

• Like 1