Driving Pet Peeves: What Part Of "RIGHT OF WAY" Do You Not Understand?

Principled Man

I hate when people tailgate me to make me go faster. I'm not getting a speeding ticket for anyone, and the closer you get to me, the slower I'll go.

My favorite is the person who gets irritated because you won't go past the speed limit, zooms around you in a huff, and then you are behind him at the next red light. :smoke:

I do the same thing,

Get on my ass the slower I will go. :D

• Like 2

I hate when people tailgate me to make me go faster. I'm not getting a speeding ticket for anyone, and the closer you get to me, the slower I'll go.

My favorite is the person who gets irritated because you won't go past the speed limit, zooms around you in a huff, and then you are behind him at the next red light. :smoke:

Yeah, this has certainly happened to me a fair number of times :D

If the circumstances are right and someone behind me decides to go in the next lane to try and cut me, I'll then speed up and in not too long they'll be right back behind me and it's absolutely hilarious :LOL:

Ever consider that you going slow caused that person to miss the green light? ;)

If the circumstances are right and someone behind me decides to go in the next lane to try and cut me, I'll then speed up and in not too long they'll be right back behind me and it's absolutely hilarious :LOL:

Someday, when someone kicks your ass for driving like a jerk, I hope you remember how hilarious you think it is.

Someday, when someone kicks your ass for driving like a jerk, I hope you remember how hilarious you think it is.

No kidding.

Two jerks don't make a right! Only one of them do - shortly followed by a nullifying left :LOL:

(iow: it's still hilarious to me, yes)

I can't stand it when I'm just about the only person at a given location - I mean, there might be 2 or 3 other cars in a small to mid-size parking lot. Someone else pulls in and despite the fact that there is a WHOLE ENTIRE VACANT LOT with about 65 empty places from which to choose, some of them close to the door - this asshole has to park right on top of me!!! Never fails. And invariably it's some huge piece of shit vehicle I can't see around, so vacating my spot becomes a crapshoot. This is why I combat park - 9 times out of 10, I will back into a parking space. The tenth time I don't do it because the lot is too busy and it's not safe to perform all of the extra maneuvers.

I'm very anal about door dings, and park next to a median of some sort... or next to a painted section of stripes... that way I can get REALLY close to the curb, or have my tires on the edge of the painted section, so that only 1 side of me will have a car, and there is a ton of room for their door to open fully.

Same here. I bought a new car back in October and that's about the worst thing you can do when you are anal about door dings. So I always default to an end spot when possible so I can hug that side no one can park in. But like you say, there's always someone who still doesn't give a crap and gets too close. I already see a ding on my driver's side and I am pissed about it. Why the hell is it so hard for people to open their doors without banging the car next to them? Jerkasses.

I can't stand it when I'm just about the only person at a given location - I mean, there might be 2 or 3 other cars in a small to mid-size parking lot. Someone else pulls in and despite the fact that there is a WHOLE ENTIRE VACANT LOT with about 65 empty places from which to choose, some of them close to the door - this asshole has to park right on top of me!!! Never fails. And invariably it's some huge piece of shit vehicle I can't see around, so vacating my spot becomes a crapshoot. This is why I combat park - 9 times out of 10, I will back into a parking space. The tenth time I don't do it because the lot is too busy and it's not safe to perform all of the extra maneuvers.

I'm very anal about door dings, and park next to a median of some sort... or next to a painted section of stripes... that way I can get REALLY close to the curb, or have my tires on the edge of the painted section, so that only 1 side of me will have a car, and there is a ton of room for their door to open fully.

Same here. I bought a new car back in October and that's about the worst thing you can do when you are anal about door dings. So I always default to an end spot when possible so I can hug that side no one can park in. But like you say, there's always someone who still doesn't give a crap and gets too close. I already see a ding on my driver's side and I am pissed about it. Why the hell is it so hard for people to open their doors without banging the car next to them? Jerkasses.

At my wife's workplace they caught a guy that was intentionally slamming his door into cars. He would even do it, get in his car and move forward, and do it again.

I have started going Left on a Red Arrow when my lane has all green. (When safe to go, and I am lead car)

Reason- The cars driving straight in either direction, have the right of way.

Now if this was a Red light WITHOUT an arrow, I could just go on my own discretion.

Why will I just sit there? Plus traffic cameras are not programmed to catch people running arrows, they are not that advanced.

Plus You keep traffic moving.

Now I do not advise this, when you are on a hill, traffic is heavy, or a cop is directly behind u.

But in reality, HE TOO would have to run the red arrow to catch you.

Think about it.

At my wife's workplace they caught a guy that was intentionally slamming his door into cars. He would even do it, get in his car and move forward, and do it again.

Wow...what a loser!

People going into a "non-lane" on the right side.

Was at a light yesterday, 3rd car back, with at least 7 or 8 cars behind me. A car pulls up in the "right lane" which is gone after the intersection. A guy in the line behind me sees this and decides to get behind the other guy in the "right lane". Light turns green, first guy on the right pushes in between cars 1 and 2, and the other guy tries getting between me and car #2. I DO NOT let him in. I hate when impatient assholes think their time is more important than everyone else's. He gets pissed, honks his horn, gives me the finger. Then at the next light, which is red, he goes into the left turn lane and is yelling at me. He says "you effing punk, driving like a real asshole!" I replied... "who is the asshole, me or the guy that didn't want to wait in the line?" He then said "suck my effing c**k you sunovabitch!" I replied... "no thanks, and even if I was, I don't have my microscope with me." He cursed at me some more and as the light turned green I said "f*ckity f**k f**k - I can swear too!" and went thru the light as he made a left. At the next light, I made a left, and he had to make a right sometime after his initial left because he was sitting at the next light as I went thru it... I waved to him :LOL:

Apparently he was in such a hurry to bypass the line of cars, but it was more important to take a time penalty to yell at me. Some people!!

• Like 1

I love how the meaning of the turn signal has changed. In traffic, it used to mean "I need to get over, please make room" now it means "I need to get over, please speed up and close the gap so I can't get in"
  • Like 2