2112 vs Moving Pictures vs Clockwork Angels

YYZumbi

67 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 vs Moving Pictures vs Clockwork Angels

These three albums have all been special and helped Rush career and gained them more fans.

So which album do you think is the best one of these three?

• Like 1

If I could only pick one of these to listen to the rest of my life it would be 2112....

BTW CA is not even in the same area code as the other two. Just my opinion....

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

MP > CA > 2112

All are pretty damn good. 2112 suffers from Twilight Zone, though.

MP's a masterpiece, and I don't think anybody would argue that. If they do, they're loony.

CA's by far the best album I've ever heard come out of a band who's been around a longass time. Great album from start to finish, and some of their finest work is on there.

2112 is for the most part, great. Twilight Zone really kills it for me, though. I used to hate Lessons but it's growing on me. Title track and Something For Nothing are among their best work. If 2112 got rid of Twilight Zone, or at least got rid of those irritating whisper vocals, it would be a MUCH closer competition.

• Like 1

1. 2112

2. MP

3. CA

I love all of 2112 as well as all of MP, but 2112's title track, Bangkok, and Lessons alone make it a very easy decision

Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

1)Moving Pictures.

2)2112.

……and a very distant

3)Clockwork Angels.

star wars vs empire strikes back vs howard the duck

:LMAO: Thanks young bro...
  • Like 1

MP is great, don't get me wrong, but 2112 is my epic.

Right answer especially given your prestigious position around here... :)
  • Like 2

All three are great but MP wins.

CA would kick the ass of anything released since 1984.

• Like 2

MP is great, don't get me wrong, but 2112 is my epic.

2112 is just too epic to ignore. MP is probably the "better" album, but I like 2112 more. I love CA, but it doesn't really belong in the same conversation as the other two. It is better than anything between Signals and S&A, though.

• Like 2

This…hurts. I am an avid Clockwork Angels fan, but I have to say Moving Pictures. It's just so hard to compare anything to MP. CA is fantastic, but it falls a bit short. 2112 is amazing as well—love the title track, and side two is solid. It just feels like it's…missing something.

This…hurts. I am an avid Clockwork Angels fan, but I have to say Moving Pictures. It's just so hard to compare anything to MP. CA is fantastic, but it falls a bit short. 2112 is amazing as well—love the title track, and side two is solid. It just feels like it's…missing something.

Is 2112 missing soft-pop synths?

• Like 2

No. I love 2112 to bits, but it sounds kind of hollow sometimes. And The Twilight Zone doesn't really do it for me. :huh:

No. I love 2112 to bits, but it sounds kind of hollow sometimes. And The Twilight Zone doesn't really do it for me. :huh:

MP > CA > 2112

All are pretty damn good. 2112 suffers from Twilight Zone, though.

2112 is for the most part, great. Twilight Zone really kills it for me, though. I used to hate Lessons but it's growing on me. Title track and Something For Nothing are among their best work. If 2112 got rid of Twilight Zone, or at least got rid of those irritating whisper vocals, it would be a MUCH closer competition.

Jiminy Crow, all this bashing of the Twilight Zone. Tsk, tsk you guys need some of this :smash: . How can one not simply love the kitchy eeriness that this song involves plus the grooviness and the perfection. I'll never understand it :eyeroll:.

• Like 1