TRF Server Move Tomorrow - Saturday Feb. 14th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

OKAY, so...

Both me and the server tech guy have this weekend off -- first time in a long time that those stars have aligned, so we're going to do the long-anticipated server move tomorrow, Saturday Feb. 14th.

What better way to spend Valentine's Day than to do a server move! :wub:

What will happen is this: The board will be closed sometime late morning eastern US time, and you will see a message reflecting that. You won't be able to log in. It's during that time that we'll be installing everything onto the new server, then we'll run tests. That could take several hours.

Then we'll switch the board address to the new server and for a while you'll see nothing -- just an error message -- and that will last anywhere from a few hours to a whole day until the new server can be seen by all of you. Some of you will see it sooner than others, depending on where you live.

The new server should see increased speed -- how much faster remains to be seen.

See you on the other side! You can spend tomorrow being a good Valentine to your significant others -- no excuses now!

• Like 10

I've already got the withdrawal shakes.
  • Like 9

We'll just all have to take a huge dose of TRF tonight, so it's still in our systems and we can just coast through tomorrow—probably better just to stay in bed.
  • Like 2

I'll smoke a fat cigar with a good Scotch in the backyard, listen to Hemispheres and not miss this place a bit.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/smiley-face-with-cigar.gif

• Like 1

Bye everyone! :hi: Hope to see you all again soon. :hi:

This is a song about a car...

Danke schon, Frankfurt...

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for all of your hard work 73.

TRF brings my life, and the lives of so many others here great joy.

Hope to see you at MSG or Newark to buy you a pint or two as a way of saying thanks.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly agree.

I know it's just a day or a day and a half, maybe. What is it about technology, when it comes to moving all of this data (which is truly the richest currency I've enjoyed since becoming a 'regular' here, over the past year or so), that gives mea sense of foreboding?

I hope we all come through this unscathed. This community means a great deal to me.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I know it's just a day or a day and a half, maybe. What is it about technology, when it comes to moving all of this data (which is truly the richest currency I've enjoyed since becoming a 'regular' here, over the past year or so), that gives mea sense of foreboding?

I hope we all come through this unscathed. This community means a great deal to me.

Our daily backup protocols are thorough to say the least. The most we'd lose in the event of a catastrophic crash is one day's worth of posts. As far as tomorrow's move, if the new server has some sort of problem (which it wont -- our tech guy has a couple of other sites on there and they're working great) we can always come back to where we are now. And again, the data is backed up no matter what.

See you on the other side! You can spend tomorrow being a good Valentine to your significant others -- no excuses now!

What about the single people? What are they supposed to do tomorrow?

Look for a Valentine of your own! TRF will be down, so no excuses! :madra:

A good opportunity for me to clean my house, go bowling, maybe go see a movie, and NOT buy any Powerball tickets. :chickendance: :chickendance: