Clockwork Angels - Why all the hate??

RushianRoulette

Am I the only one who thinks that BU2B2 could have been a masterpiece song if they could have been bothered to expand it beyond one minute and twenty-seven seconds?

If they HAVE to play something off CA.

1 minutes and 27 seconds would be just fine with me...but not a second more

:LOL:

Am I the only one who thinks that BU2B2 could have been a masterpiece song if they could have been bothered to expand it beyond one minute and twenty-seven seconds?

They DID. It's called BU2B - the second song on the album. OK, OK, I'm being a bit crass. I think it's because this is the only song that I hate on the record. And I really hate it. The fact that they "added" a portion to BU2B for the album really brought THAT song down for me as well. When I put this album on my IPOD, I purposely:

1) did not include BU2B2

2) swapped out the album version of BU2B for the original version released as a single.

Clem.

They DID. It's called BU2B - the second song on the album. OK, OK, I'm being a bit crass. I think it's because this is the only song that I hate on the record. And I really hate it. The fact that they "added" a portion to BU2B for the album really brought THAT song down for me as well. When I put this album on my IPOD, I purposely:

1) did not include BU2B2

2) swapped out the album version of BU2B for the original version released as a single.

Clem.

I hate BU2B with a passion too. The lyrics make me want to punch Neil in the face. the tone is damn whiny.

Mck

I've been looking through several of the discussions on the forum lately, and CA seems to be a scapegoat almost in terms of dislike.

What I wanna know is, am I the only person on here who would place CA in their top 5 Rush Albums, or even likes the album itself?

I'm sure you're not.

It's certainly the best album they've put out this century, but that's not saying much.

• Like 1

The lyrics of BU2B2 dovetail into The Garden, the narrator is at a low point in his life and then at the end The Garden details how he is now living his life. A HEA, IMHO (ha ha)

(Happily Ever After)

Edited by Rhyta

I love CA and still listen to it.

The top 2 Rush albums for me are Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. After that, I really can't rank the next group. But AFTK, Hemispheres, Signals, Grace Under Pressure and CA are the other ones that deserve mentioning when trying to complete my Top 5.

Alex is great on CA and Geddy's bass is really lively. I get the problems with the production, but beginning to end it's a strong effort.

That's not even grading it on a type of age scale. When you consider they were pushing 60 when they made it, it's an incredible accomplishment.

• Like 2

Do we have an official TRF Clockwork Angels ambassador?

I don't know. I'd like to find that old thread because I forgot what album I'm the ambassador of. :)

Hemispheres

No, Eagle threatened anyone that tried to take Hemispheres away from her with this :smash: , so I didn't even try.

I'm the ambassador for Exit...Stage Left. :)

• Like 1

Red vinyl Hemispheres, because it does sound even better than the regular boring black vinyl.

Too bad they didn't re-release all the vinyl on colored vinyl. That would be so boss. The first album could be on pink vinyl. Fly By Night would be blue, and Caress of Steel would be sort of bronze-colored, I guess. After that I don't know. Grace Under Pressure would probably be red because of all the red themed songs.

Hate? What hate? As i have stated countless times, CA is a Masterpiece, A true Classic! Anybody that disagrees with me is is really not with it!!!!!!!!!!! :rush:

Pfft.

• Like 4

For me it a good CD not great I also like Snakes & Arrows a lot too but not as much as CA, which I would put both in the top 10 albums under 5th position somewhere in my list.

My worst album (use to be) Vapor Trail until they remixed it and now I have a better appreciation for the CD now. My bottom of the list would be Caress of Steel never played it really and don't get it as an album although I do like two songs from it Bastille Day & Lakeside Park.

Edited by BlairC45

Again, how is this production bad? It's totally modern in its approach and in it's scope. You don't like it because there is too much going on? The instrumental balance is right on target, Geddy sings it well, the drums don't sound muddy and the bass is perfectly reflective.

Yeah there is mucho distortion on the guitar in some places but that is a choice made by the guitar player. It fits where it needs to and shimmers in spots where an overdriven guitar would sound gratuitous.

So what gIves people? If you want a spacious mix where there is not so much going on arrangement wise, go listen to MP or Waves. This is perfect for what it is, a sleek modern sounding heavy album. I want objective opinions here, not subjective ones.

Is it a little long, yes, there could have been some cuts made, but I feel that way about a lot of Rush albums. Cygnus Book 2 should be about 14 minutes long. The Fountain should be about 12.

The mastering isn't that good though, but the band chose which master to accept. Listen to the mix, the mix is stellar.

:rantoff:

• Like 1

Guys, let's be real. The last time they produced an album with perfect sound was Counterparts :haz:

But consider me in the camp that says CA is a masterpiece and one of the band's finest. It's just out of my top 5, but that's only because the other 5 are pure excellence as well.

Counterparts

Grace Under Pressure

Hemispheres

Signals

Moving Pictures

Clockwork Angels

Hate? What hate? As i have stated countless times, CA is a Masterpiece, A true Classic! Anybody that disagrees with me is is really not with it!!!!!!!!!!! :rush:

Pfft.

Maybe you just don't understand it!!

Oh No I didn't just do that.

Oh wait, yes I did.

haha

I think I should clarify it is only the production that gets in the way. Based solely on the music I actually really love it.

I love BU2B.

Not sure how you couldn't...

Agree with you there, but it's weird, because I've seen other people go so far as calling that song a dirge.

Red vinyl Hemispheres, because it does sound even better than the regular boring black vinyl.

Too bad they didn't re-release all the vinyl on colored vinyl. That would be so boss. The first album could be on pink vinyl. Fly By Night would be blue, and Caress of Steel would be sort of bronze-colored, I guess. After that I don't know. Grace Under Pressure would probably be red because of all the red themed songs.

You sure you got the right thread, there, Toymaker? :laughing guy: