40th anniversary tour announced

shail

Usually when Rush is playing Toronto, in the summer at least, RushCon organizers will plan to hold the convention that same weekend. But unofficially I've heard that RushCon may happen in the US this year. Just have to wait and see. But the convention around the time of a show would still happen.

Posted this in another Thread but meant to put it here:

Interesting line on the Press Release:

“After 40 years together and 20 gold and platinum studio albums – Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude. Celebrate four decades of music with three incredible musicians – all in 1 night.”

Sorry to read it but not unexpected, I guess. Doesn't say Last Tour so that's good. Future is unwritten.

Ticket price range per ticket master put the highest range in the stratosphere! Tampa (with fees) $173, New York (with fees) $223. That's for regular top tier ticket. VIP was $350 last time - I would suspect gold will be $500.

I just got up and Wow you guys are all over this! Gotta love my fellow Rush fans :) I'm really hoping for The Weapon!! I'll be in Calgary and Vancouver.. And hopefully Toronto!

"Looks like I'll be doing the Forum show. I'd rather drive 6 hrs to LA than 3 hrs to San Jose."

EEEW, Why? I'm in that same situation, but LA driving is so caca. Why not San Jose??

•  

Tampa and NYC are my destnations this tour. Tampa will be the family Rush show (with my wife and son) and NYC is my guys night road trip.

They are hitting the biggest and most profitable markets, which makes sense. Who knows about a second leg. I wouldn't hold your breath. Go see them this leg!

I noticed that too. All the major cities, with the exception being Lincoln, Nebraska. Who would have ever thought that was a major Rush fan metropolis??? :huh:

• Like 1

"Looks like I'll be doing the Forum show. I'd rather drive 6 hrs to LA than 3 hrs to San Jose."

EEEW, Why? I'm in that same situation, but LA driving is so caca. Why not San Jose??

•  

Ive driven to LA many times. Used to live there. Only been to San Jose a couple of times and the drive was awful. Edited by Greedy Oak