Third (3rd) Annual TRF Prom

Lorraine

So ive been thinking about transportation. My initial idea was something like this, to accomodate Sully's dress

3550855659_3c9cf73129.jpg

Then I thought it might be too suggestive. Next I though, "why the heck should I drive?" and thought about having a driver for the night. ultimately I decided against that.

Then I thought about the commute...picking up Sully and heading to the prom from Texas....it could take a while to get there. So I called goose up, and transportation arrangements have been confirmed

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/12337/1351474-fighter_f_14_tomcat.jpg

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! :yes:

(not the van)

• Like 2

I think the only question that remains for me is do I go the powder blue polyester or the burgandy velvet tux route?

I guess I should check and see what Mara and Lorraine will be wearing.

:blink: :ph34r: Er...Mr. Whippy, you disappeared for a few days. During that time, Mara ditched me for another date. Digital Man to be specific. You were nowhere to be found. You didn't want me to be a wallflower, did you? 73 took pity on my forlorn and distressed state and asked me to be his date. He has a light blue tux with frills. And a nice sedan. Buick. White shoes too. How could I resist??????? :huh: Plus, he's bringing a mix of eighties songs along for the ride. :wub: A bottle of Peach Schnapps too. Janie offered to bring the straw. :)

Wow, lost two prom dates at once! :(

I guess losing out to 73 makes sense.

Some girls are drawn to those in positions of power.

Looks like I have to find another date or I'll be spending the evening drinking tea and playing Parchese with me Auntie Grace after all.

The question is, in the profound words of the Bee Gees, how do you mend a broken heart? :(

Well, wear the burgundy velvet! You'll match the jewels on my eyeglassframes, if you would do me the honor? :)

Dearest Librarian,

The honour would be all mine.

Yes, the burgandy velvet is all ready to compliment you.

We'll go to Book Ends before the prom and to the Tick Tock Diner afterwards.

• Like 3

The Tick Tock Diner - what woman in her right mind could resist that?

Very impressive, Mr. Whippy.

It's a Jersey thing. :)

That it is and I remember it with great fondness. It might interest you to know that no one has the foggiest idea of what "home fries" are out here. Hard to believe I know; nevertheless, it is true.

• Like 1

The Tick Tock Diner - what woman in her right mind could resist that?

Very impressive, Mr. Whippy.

It's a Jersey thing. :)

That it is and I remember it with great fondness. It might interest you to know that no one has the foggiest idea of what "home fries" are out here. Hard to believe I know; nevertheless, it is true.

So true.

No late night out in the city is complete without stopping along Route 3 for coffee and late night conversation.

Great thing, indeed.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

10372190_10204453701441202_7609422118173436263_n.jpg?oh=dc6876f15d63204af6d50eb469a22609&oe=555E6EC7

Can I bring these 3 guys along? Thinking about spray painting their hair green and skin orange. They can be oompa loompas and provide entertainment

• Like 3

10372190_10204453701441202_7609422118173436263_n.jpg?oh=dc6876f15d63204af6d50eb469a22609&oe=555E6EC7

Can I bring these 3 guys along? Thinking about spray painting their hair green and skin orange. They can be oompa loompas and provide entertainment

You could dress them like the three little Rush dwarves from the last tour's intermission video.

• Like 2

That's the spirit! :cheers:

This prom is getting quite competitive.

I wonder who will be the most impressive couple in the end? :coy:

Yeah, that would be us. :hi:

Seeing if we don't all vote for you, you big whiny baby will just revoke our accounts here. :boohoo:
  • Like 1

Seeing if we don't all vote for you, you big whiny baby will just revoke our accounts here. :boohoo:

Men in authority are so attractive! :wub:

My date and I hope to take this title, right Narpski? What will be the deciding factor?

How big of a Rush fan you are, obviously.

Fortunately, I have a box set of R40 that I'm willing to part with for 10% over what I paid for it. If you buy the 30th version of songs, you're a ten times bigger Rush fan than someone with only three versions. And that means you're a True Rush Fan ™

Edited to bold True Rush Fan

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

My dress:

http://files.uptilo.com/joliestyles/1064C9F8-344B-4BB5-8DE2-1BBE5B36D950.jpg

I fell in love with this little number when I saw it! I like the Marilyn Monroe-esque feel it has. Paired with some heels (not too high - I do want to dance!) and an up-do hair-do and I'm ready for the night.

Sheldon, I only ask you dress in a suit. I nice, perfectly tailored suit is to a woman what lingerie is to a man.

• Like 2

Sunny, you and Sully will be quite the ladies!

I can't get any of the pictures of dresses I have been thinking of wearing to post here. I'll keep trying.

Looking for a smashing red dress that'll make me look like a real siren. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

How about this hot little number?

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r785/PageantDresses/4-10-20144-19-09PM_zps0443aee1.png

Sunny, that is both elegant and pretty. I like it! I can wear my hair in a French knot or something like that. :)

Here are the posts. It looks like the same dress. But, considering this is all make believe, no one who doesn't already know wouldn't know that we are both invisibly wearing the same dress. :LOL:

• Like 1

I think the only question that remains for me is do I go the powder blue polyester or the burgandy velvet tux route?

I guess I should check and see what Mara and Lorraine will be wearing.

:blink: :ph34r: Er...Mr. Whippy, you disappeared for a few days. During that time, Mara ditched me for another date. Digital Man to be specific. You were nowhere to be found. You didn't want me to be a wallflower, did you? 73 took pity on my forlorn and distressed state and asked me to be his date. He has a light blue tux with frills. And a nice sedan. Buick. White shoes too. How could I resist??????? :huh: Plus, he's bringing a mix of eighties songs along for the ride. :wub: A bottle of Peach Schnapps too. Janie offered to bring the straw. :)

Wow, lost two prom dates at once! :(

I guess losing out to 73 makes sense.

Some girls are drawn to those in positions of power.

Looks like I have to find another date or I'll be spending the evening drinking tea and playing Parchese with me Auntie Grace after all.

The question is, in the profound words of the Bee Gees, how do you mend a broken heart? :(

Well, wear the burgundy velvet! You'll match the jewels on my eyeglassframes, if you would do me the honor? :)

Dearest Librarian,

The honour would be all mine.

Yes, the burgandy velvet is all ready to compliment you.

We'll go to Book Ends before the prom and to the Tick Tock Diner afterwards.

Cool!!! :)

• Like 1

I'll likely wear (if it's ok with sunny) sweat pants and a t-shirt. I'm pretty irresistible and respect Digi too much to wear anything else ;)

no, no, no - that just won't do. :no:

In fact, allow me to elaborate - I strongly suggest that Digi (Whom I ADORE) doesn't leave the house in sweatpants, so for a fancy shmancy shindig - I will strongly suggest that you re-think that wardrobe selection.

;)

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3