Clockwork Angels - Might actually be better than Moving Pictures

clem

It amazes me how overrated this album is. It's a sonic mess that lacks memorable songs (with a few exceptions). Certainly not on the same tier as MP
  • Like 11

Not even close. The production alone kills it and just for kicks the tunes aren't really even that close either for me. Probably just old man talk but it is what it is....
  • Like 11

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Vapor Trails is better than both CA and SA, and it isn't even in my top ten.

But glad someone loves this album as I once did!

• Like 3

But hey I prefer Presto to Hemispheres. It is cool with me for someone else to go against the grain!

I think it's a very, very good album. The way it was produced to sound leaves something to be desired, yes, I agree with that. I still think it's a very good album.

But it's no Moving Pictures.

• Like 4

I've had 2 1/2 years to listen, reflect, digest, ensure that there's no "novelty effect", etc.

I think this is now, officially (for me, that is), Rush's best album.

thoughts?

Clem

As in love as I am with Clockwork Angels, the only album that is as good as Moving Pictures is Permanent Waves (which is better). Clockwork Angels is an amazing album, but it doesn't have the same magic that the two aforementioned albums do. The production isn't great, either.

• Like 1

Oh god, these delusional fans... what drugs do they take? Might I have some please? :LOL:

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Vapor Trails is better than both CA and SA, and it isn't even in my top ten.

Couldnt disagree more. Ranks near the very bottom for me.

It amazes me how overrated this album is. It's a sonic mess that lacks memorable songs (with a few exceptions). Certainly not on the same tier as MP

Clockwork Angels is far from the best! It is so overrated, and Snakes & Arrows is so underrated..

But as I see there are still enough sane people. Agreed with all of this.

Clockwork Angels is easily the most overrated newer album by any old band that I encountered. It has some quite good songs yeah (like even RTB, T4E or CP), but that's it and the production is just not good. Plus where is all the great lead guitar work Alex always had? All the great melodies? Now it's just boring chords and poppy choruses. Hopefully the next album will be better. I don't want this great band to go down like this...

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 2

I joined this forum in june of 2012 cause i wanted to be around new album buzz. I heard CA and said......oh no no no. There's no way this will go over well.

you're an idiot Mick.

people lost their god damn minds. BEST EVA!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

i thought i'd had a stroke,

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I joined this forum in june of 2012 cause i wanted to be around new album buzz. I heard CA and said......oh no no no. There's no way this will go over well.

you're an idiot Mick.

people lost their god damn minds. BEST EVA!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

i thought i'd had a stroke,

Mick

that mini-rant dedicated to Narps, lol

Mick

• Like 4

I really Hate CA.........i wish it would stop coming up here, lol.

F you Nick sham-a-lama-ding dong.

Mick

Somebody knows where your buttons are apparently. Later today there with be another thread started on Geds voice and then for kicks I might even start one something like this "The Debut :rush: . Why all the hate?".....
  • Like 2

I really Hate CA.........i wish it would stop coming up here, lol.

F you Nick sham-a-lama-ding dong.

Mick

Somebody knows where your buttons are apparently. Later today there with be another thread started on Geds voice and then for kicks I might even start one something like this "The Debut :rush: . Why all the hate?".....

People are now making these are purpose, i swear. I better take care of my blood pressure, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

...I actually really love Clockwork Angels, and it's a very important part of what got me into Rush.

It's got lots of great songs, the production may not be preferable, but behind all the denseness a ton of great music is being made, and it just seems very direct from what I can tell. It's certainly one of my favorites, probably about the level of Power Windows, however...

As good/better than Moving Pictures, not quite. The nay-sayers here do have a collection of fair points and obviously it's not had the level of impact Moving Pictures had. CA is forever among my favorites, but MP has too much going for it where CA lacks a little.

I understand a lot of the joy was from new album buzz.........but this reaction was soooooo not deserved. i cannot stress that enough. it was......i was just speechless.............apparently not speechless enmough cause if you look back i'm right there fighting for the no camp, lol. small squad that it was.

Mick

• Like 2

It's close to the bottom for me, just a bit above Presto and Vapor Trails. I agree the production kills it, and I also miss Alex's guitar solos. Their sound is just so dense. They've forgotten how to write a decent melody.
  • Like 3

It's close to the bottom for me, just a bit above Presto and Vapor Trails. I agree the production kills it, and I also miss Alex's guitar solos. Their sound is just so dense. They've forgotten how to write a decent melody.

and that not every record NEEDS to exceed an hour

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3