No More U2 Bashing

ReRushed

It's funny how U2 and REM are so similar to me. In the 80s, their music was so amazing and transendant. Then they got a wiff of success, and then they both turned into utter crap. :(
  • Like 1

Truth be told, I was never really a U2 fan until The Joshua Tree. I think that album and Achtung Baby are amazing. I also enjoy All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb quite a bit. My wife is a huge U2 fan, and has traveled to Ireland to see them. I agree with 'dood that it's fashionable now to beat up on them, because they're the biggest active band on the planet, which I think is a completely dumb reason to dislike any artist. We're back to the whole, "Moving Pictures sucks, Caress of Steel is a masterpiece" mindset. Just because something's popular doesn't mean it sucks.

Gotta agree with this pretty much wholeheartedly.

I thought Pop and Zooropa were complete crap, but they started getting a little better after those

• Like 2

Truth be told, I was never really a U2 fan until The Joshua Tree. I think that album and Achtung Baby are amazing. I also enjoy All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb quite a bit. My wife is a huge U2 fan, and has traveled to Ireland to see them. I agree with 'dood that it's fashionable now to beat up on them, because they're the biggest active band on the planet, which I think is a completely dumb reason to dislike any artist. We're back to the whole, "Moving Pictures sucks, Caress of Steel is a masterpiece" mindset. Just because something's popular doesn't mean it sucks.

I never understood that mentality either, but I can say with absolute certainty, my distaste with U2's newer music has nothing to do with their popularity, and everything to do with my ears not likeing the tripe they have produced over the last 25 years.

That Beautiful Day song makes me want to punch someone in the face everytime I hear it. :bitchslap:

Edited by ILSnwdog

I never understood that mentality either, but I can say with absolute certainty, my distaste with U2's newer music has nothing to do with their popularity, and everything to do with my ears not likeing the tripe they have produced over the last 25 years.

That Beautiful Day song makes me want to punch someone in the face everytime I hear it. :bitchslap:

I dunno, somethings do start sucking when they get popular.

There was a great Latin fusion restaurant in Milwaukee that my wife and I would go to. Just awesome. word got out and it became almost impossible to get in there, and their prices began matching their popularity.

I dunno, somethings do start sucking when they get popular.

There was a great Latin fusion restaurant in Milwaukee that my wife and I would go to. Just awesome. word got out and it became almost impossible to get in there, and their prices began matching their popularity.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. - Yogi Berra

• Like 2

Prior to 1988, U2 was awesome. Since 1988, it's all gone to shit. :(

nah more like 92. Achtung Baby was awesome.

Really awesome.

I remember cranking Mysterious Ways in the car and it would rattle the mirrors so much, the rearview mirror would get shaken out of place. I was driving a 92 Grand Am too, so it wasn't a rusty POS.
  • Like 1

Prior to 1988, U2 was awesome. Since 1988, it's all gone to shit. :(

nah more like 92. Achtung Baby was awesome.

Really awesome.

I remember cranking Mysterious Ways in the car and it would rattle the mirrors so much, the rearview mirror would get shaken out of place. I was driving a 92 Grand Am too, so it wasn't a rusty POS.

Just a POS. ;)

• Like 1