Why is 90% of the people on this forum jerks?

YYZumbi

Seeing how he has responded to people in various places on this forum, has made me question wether the Internet is a good place for him. He seems very angry.

From what I have seen on the board I think you hit the nail on the head. Being a not nice individual and having anger/temper issues are not necessarily one in the same....

Exactly. I think if we knew him more we would find him to be very likeable, but somehow I feel that it started going haywire with some misunderstandings in the beginning. He seems to be struggling with idioms and figurative speech, and that might contribute to him feeling bullied as I suspect he is feeling.

Zumbi, if you're reading this, why won't you let us help you sort this out?

• Like 1

fell foul of him last night in chat...I refused to accept that Rush were awesome in every way and dared to say i thought they were a better live band in the 80s and provoked another spewing of moral outrage....apparently I'm "boring" which I will interpret as having a different opinion to his.

This almost makes me want to go into chat so I can troll him.

• Like 2

Seeing how he has responded to people in various places on this forum, has made me question wether the Internet is a good place for him. He seems very angry.

Hmmm, I've heard of the melancholy Dane before ( ;) ) but never the irascible Swede.

Haven't you heard of Swedish vikings? :P

• Like 1

fell foul of him last night in chat...I refused to accept that Rush were awesome in every way and dared to say i thought they were a better live band in the 80s and provoked another spewing of moral outrage....apparently I'm "boring" which I will interpret as having a different opinion to his.

This^^^^ Been there.....

Stay thy hand, my fair lady :P

http://cf067b.medialib.glogster.com/media/8b/8bf03aa732283bb88c0e62a07d5b2610c0d3ba1191f392e5902cb2a7caaf228e/funny-knight-picture-png.png

• Like 5

From what I have seen on the board I think you hit the nail on the head. Being a not nice individual and having anger/temper issues are not necessarily one in the same....

Exactly. I think if we knew him more we would find him to be very likeable, but somehow I feel that it started going haywire with some misunderstandings in the beginning. He seems to be struggling with idioms and figurative speech, and that might contribute to him feeling bullied as I suspect he is feeling.

This should be out of bounds to critique in my view. Don't get me wrong TAG it has nothing to do with your post. Just a general statement. I just think making fun of the language things and grammar would be below the belt and I have never done it nor would I. It would be akin to making fun of a stutterer to their face. Just plain cold blooded and cruel. The content of character is what is in question and fair game in my view
  • Like 3

This should be out of bounds to critique in my view. Don't get me wrong TAG it has nothing to do with your post. Just a general statement. I just think making fun of the language things and grammar would be below the belt and I have never done it nor would I. It would be akin to making fun of a stutterer to their face. Just plain cold blooded and cruel. The content of character is what is in question and fair game in my view

Agreed. His English may not be perfect, but it sure is a million times better than my Swedish!

• Like 2

Hmmm, I've heard of the melancholy Dane before ( ;) ) but never the irascible Swede.

Haven't you heard of Swedish vikings? :P

I'd also forgotten about Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime.

Edited by Mara

I agree that making fun of how someone writes is below the belt and I wouldn't do that either. I meant that he might misunderstand what we are writing and think we're after him. I don't know if you have noticed, but there is a lot of his posts where he replies "what?" giving the impression that he doesn't understand what the meaning is. Conflicts can be difficult to resolve in text when there is a comprehension issue, especially when you don't have body language to gauge. :)

There's an idiom that fits the point of not making fun of someone for their writing abilities; "One should sweep before their own door first". And I certainly have some sweeping to do every now and then ;)

I agree that making fun of how someone writes is below the belt and I wouldn't do that either. I meant that he might misunderstand what we are writing and think we're after him. I don't know if you have noticed, but there is a lot of his posts where he replies "what?" giving the impression that he doesn't understand what the meaning is. Conflicts can be difficult to resolve in text when there is a comprehension issue, especially when you don't have body language to gauge. :)

There's an idiom that fits the point of not making fun of someone for their writing abilities; "One should sweep before their own door first". And I certainly have some sweeping to do every now and then ;)

If you live in a glass house, throwing stones is probably not a good idea either... ;)
  • Like 2

If you live in a glass house, throwing stones is probably not a good idea either... ;)

Unless you like a permanent draft :P

• Like 1

The words shooting, fish and barrel spring to mind.

• Like 3

Just to clarify: I meant he might be struggling with the english we write. Not the other way around. :)

Isn't this nice? Here I talk about misunderstanding the written word and then I can't even express what I mean without screwing up :P

I go in to chat to troll him, and he leaves the second he sees I'm in there.

:LOL:

• Like 5

Just to clarify: I meant he might be struggling with the english we write. Not the other way around. :)

Isn't this nice? Here I talk about misunderstanding the written word and then I can't even express what I mean without screwing up :P

Don't worry. I got your meaning right away.
  • Like 1

I go in to chat to troll him, and he leaves the second he sees I'm in there.

:LOL:

Hey rushgoober did the same thing to me...but I WASN'T going to troll.

To be fair with Zumbi, I spoke with him on the chat today, and he was cool.

Yeah, sometimes he is. But other times, I imagine him as looking like that disturbed, future school shooter kid in the "Subdivisions" video. :ph34r:

To be fair with Zumbi, I spoke with him on the chat today, and he was cool.

Yeah, sometimes he is. But other times, I imagine him as looking like that disturbed, future school shooter kid in the "Subdivisions" video. :ph34r:

Don't give him any ideas. :P

• Like 1