Rush & Love

savagegrace26

What is the best love-themed Rush song?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best love-themed Rush song?

• Need Some Love
    • In the Mood
    • Panacea
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Emotion Detector
    • Open Secrets
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Speed of Love
    • Cold Fire
    • Secret Touch
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Halo Effect
    • Other

Has to be...

Sweet Miracle. Cold Fire is second.

Different Strings

...although I thought it was about dragons :LOL: ...wait, is he in love with the dragon? :o

Is Entre Nous really a love song? I've always heard it as a song about relationships between people in general, and not specifically about romantic love.
  • Like 3

Ghost of a Chance wins for me. Just love that song. That slow strum that Alex does on the guitar during the "state of grace" lyric gives me chills.

Ghost got my vore as well, although it was a tough choice. Ghost of a Chance is really well-crafted.
  • Like 2

I voted for Need Some Love. I find it quite introspective, delving into the complications of love and relationships, and being a really horny teenager.

Well, I need it quick and I need it now...

And I started feelin' this strange sensation.

My knees are startin' gettin' weak.

Well I need what keeps a young man alive;

I'm sayin' I need it now.

• Like 2

Entre Nous proves to be their only acceptable love song in terms of being a good love song.

This isn't to say the rest of the songs on the poll are bad (though many are), just not good by a "love song" standard

Love song standard? Most mainstream "love songs" are superficial fluff while most of the Rush "love songs" are about intropspection and the complications with love and relationships. This poll isn't about a love song "standard" but the best song that has a relationship/love theme.

I'm talking about my own standards, not mainstream ones. Why would you even assume that?

Tears, hands down. But that might be because I've spent the most time playing it on guitar out of all the songs in the poll. :)

Different Strings and Open Secrets also rank right up there.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

It takes me right back to the start of my Freshman year after the summer when I bought 2112 on iTunes, sitting in resource listening to the only albums I had on my iPad.

My GOD nothing, and I mean NOTHING has EVER made me felt so old as THIS one sentence. NOTHING!!!!!!!!

PHRUCK!!!!!!

It takes me right back to the start of my Freshman year after the summer when I bought 2112 on iTunes, sitting in resource listening to the only albums I had on my iPad.

My GOD nothing, and I mean NOTHING has EVER made me felt so old as THIS one sentence. NOTHING!!!!!!!!

PHRUCK!!!!!!

Yep, takes me back to the time when I was sitting in my room listening to the LP on the turntable with headphones on and it was state of the art technology.

:LOL: If it makes you feel any better I've gotten a record player since then, and I proudly own 2112 on vinyl now. Plus I'm only 15 (gonna turn 16 soon though) so I am pretty young. :P

When I first saw this I thought it had something to do with a late 60's psychedelic band. :P

I remember them fondly. Bought their first album in 1968. :)

‘Andmoreagain’ is a very lovely song, I think.

"The Good Humor Man" and "You Set The Scene" are my favorites from that album.

• Like 1

I love Love!

Forever Changes is a gorgeous album!

• Like 2

I love Love!

Forever Changes is a gorgeous album!

Another Love lover!

I keep trying to get my friends to really give them a chance but they just don't understand!

The artwork is pretty amazing as well...I ADORE IT!

• Like 2

Speaking of The Halo Effect, I wonder about those lyrics.

How come?

How come?

Well, when someone writes lyrics, you always wonder how personal they are. That's what I mean. It's none of my business, but I still wonder.

Edited by Lorraine

How come?

Well, when someone write lyrics, you always wonder how personal they are. That's what I mean. It's none of my business, but I still wonder.

I can never remember how that song even goes...

...hhhhmmmm....

• Like 1

How come?

Well, when someone write lyrics, you always wonder how personal they are. That's what I mean. It's none of my business, but I still wonder.

I can never remember how that song even goes...

...hhhhmmmm....

I don't care for it either, but the lyrics are interesting. Go read them.

What did I see?

Fool that I was

A goddess, with wings on her heels

All my illusions

Projected on her

The ideal, that I wanted to see

What did I know?

Fool that I was

Little by little, I learned

My friends were dismayed

To see me betrayed

But they knew they could never tell me

What did I care?

Fool that I was

Little by little, I burned

Maybe sometimes

There might be a flaw

But how pretty the picture was back then

What did I do?

Fool that I was

To profit from youthful mistakes?

It's shameful to tell

How often I fell

In love with delusions again

What did I do?

Fool that I was

To profit from youthful mistakes?

So shameful to tell

Just how often I fell

In love with illusions again

A goddess with wings on her heels ...

• Like 1

How come?

Well, when someone writes lyrics, you always wonder how personal they are. That's what I mean. It's none of my business, but I still wonder.

Well I'm sure many people have gone through what Neil describles in these lyrics, Neil included.

"Halo Effect" is also an actual psychological term:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Halo_effect

The halo effect is a cognitive bias in which an observer's overall impression of a person influences the observer's feelings and thoughts about that person's character.

A person’s attractiveness has also been found to produce a halo effect. Attractiveness provides a valuable aspect of the halo effect to consider because of its multifaceted nature; attractiveness may be influenced by several specific traits. These perceptions of attractiveness may affect judgments tied to personality traits. Physical attributes contribute to perceptions of attractiveness (i.e. weight, hair, eye color). For example, someone who is perceived as attractive, due in part to physical traits, may be more likely to be perceived as kind or intelligent. The role of attractiveness in producing the halo effect has been illustrated through a number of studies. Recent research, for example, has revealed that attractiveness may affect perceptions tied to life success and personality.[3] In this study, attractiveness was correlated with weight, indicating that attractiveness itself may be influenced by various specific traits. Included in the personality variables were trustworthiness and friendliness. People perceived as being more attractive were more likely to be perceived as trustworthy and friendly. What this suggests is that perceptions of attractiveness may influence a variety of other traits, which supports the concept of the halo effect.

Edited by savagegrace26