1. 1. What is Rush best live album?

• All The World's A Stage (1976)
    • Exit... Stage Left (1981)
    • Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour (1984)
    • A Show Of Hands (1988)
    • Different Stages, CD 1 and 2 (1997)
    • Different Stages CD 3 (1978)
    • Rush In Rio (2002)
    • R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour (2004)
    • Snakes & Arrows Live (2007)
    • Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland (2011)
    • Clockwork Angels Tour (2012)

What live album do you think is the best one?

I have not put the year on when they albums was released, I putted the year on when the albums was recorded, and if its a live album recorded during different years, then I wrote the latest year.

I also splitted Different Stages into two different answers, since its from so different years, Test For Echo Tour and A Farewell To Kings Tour.

So whats you answer gonna be? :)

I'll go once again with Exit...Stage Left. I choose that live album over all of the others for one reason - Xanadu. I know it is on Different Stages, but the sound is awful on that. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I'm going with Exit...Stage Left. I know people often criticize it's slightly muddy sound, but it was my first exposure to Rush. It got me hooked, and you never forget your first.

Plus, it's got a great set of songs on there

• Like 2

All The Worlds a Stage. I love the rawness of that one. :haz:

this :haz:

I'll third that obviously....... :haz:
  • Like 1

Your Lion is a man that obviously has good taste.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0201.gif

• Like 2

I'm going with Exit...Stage Left. I know people often criticize it's slightly muddy sound, but it was my first exposure to Rush. It got me hooked, and you never forget your first.

Plus, it's got a great set of songs on there

This^^ unrestricted. I think the sound of it is still great to my analog ears. :codger:

• Like 2

Your Lion is a man that obviously has good taste.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0201.gif

He does. He is rarely incorrect.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

ATWAS (though I must confess I haven't heard some of the ones on that list, but given what tours they're from, I feel pretty confident my vote wouldn't change).
  • Like 2

I think I'm going to pick ESL as well. Xanadu and La Villa push it over the line. I really like a ATWAS as well and it was my first live Rush album so it's a close second.
  • Like 1

Inclined to say Clockwork Angels, but I love them all of different reasons because almost every one of them has their strengths and weaknesses.

Worst of those is probably R30.

D: what's wrong with R30?

I always found it to have good production and performance, and a strong setlist.

Not saying you're wrong, this just really surprises me.

Inclined to say Clockwork Angels, but I love them all of different reasons because almost every one of them has their strengths and weaknesses.

I always found it to have good production and performance, and a strong setlist.

I love love R30......Only thing dragging it down on the cover turns. They're not bad. I just hate when any band does that.

Yea not interested in your fav tunes. lol

Mick

Rio was always my least favorite because it's hard to hear the guys playing and Geddy singing. The crowd is great yes, but I prefer to hear the band over the audience!

if you've heard the songs before, they sound pretty much the same on that one as they always did.

Well discounting that it's not my favorite set I thought the performances weren't as good as they could be. There is some awesome stuff there, Red Barchetta, Mystic Rhythms , Between The Wheels, Secret Touch.....but I don't think most of the rest of the performances reached that level.

However, I never got the Bluray so I'm basing this on the deluxe edition that came out first and doesn't have the full show. There may have been some better performances that were included.