Songs that annoy you

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Jan 12 2011, 01:05 PM)

Kings of Leon- "Use somebody"

Wang Chung- "Dance hall days"

With you on KOL, they're almost as bad as The friggin' Eagles. Those f*ckers.

But! But! But!! I ADORE Dancehall Days.

And with lyrics like this, what's not to love????

If I took my baby by the heel, hair or ears.....I'd get a smack in the mouth and a boot up the arse.

Take your baby by the hand

And make her do a high hand stand

And take your baby by the heel

And do the next thing that you feel

We were so in phase in our dance hall days

We were cool on craze

When I, you and everyone, we knew

Could believe, do and share in what was true

I said, 'Dance hall days love'

Take your baby by the hair

And pull her close and there there there

And take your baby by the ears

And play upon her darkest fears

We were so in phase in our dance hall days

We were cool on craze

When I, you and everyone, we knew

Could believe, do and share in what was true rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 12 2011, 02:06 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 11 2011, 10:09 PM)
Lol. "Fireflies" is one of my favourite songs pretty much ever.

C'mon, you actually like that song, and you like Rush?

I have a strong urge to strangle the guy who sings that song, his voice is even weaker than the dude from Linkin Park. In both cases, I'd probably like the group more if the vocalist sounded more like a "man".

Speaking of male vocalists with annoying feminine-sounding voices - James Blunt, anyone?

"You're beautiful

So beautiful it's true

I saw your face

In a crowded place

And I don't know what to do

'Cause I'll never be with you"

No, James, you won't. Try back later after they drop or you've had a few testosterone shots.

Gah, just reading those lyrics gives me the puke shivers.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 12 2011, 08:53 AM)
Speaking of male vocalists with annoying feminine-sounding voices - James Blunt, anyone?

"You're beautiful
So beautiful it's true
I saw your face
In a crowded place

No, James, you won't. Try back later after they drop or you've had a few testosterone shots.

You nailed it right there. If I was a chick I wouldn't f**k James Blunt either after those vagina-tinged lines were uttered. Yuck.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jan 12 2011, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 12 2011, 08:53 AM)

"You're beautiful
So beautiful it's true
I saw your face
In a crowded place

No, James, you won't.  Try back later after they drop or you've had a few testosterone shots. 

You nailed it right there. If I was a chick I wouldn't f**k James Blunt either after those vagina-tinged lines were uttered. Yuck.

"Vagina-tinged" - genius. If I had a cap on, I'd doff it.

We call him James C*** down these parts. A terrible, terrible creation. Another reason for time-machines to work......

Pharmacist: "Honestly Mr. Blunt, I'd put on a condom tonight, maybe 2..."

Rap songs, Every Rap song

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 12 2011, 01:04 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 10:19 PM)
Here's a glaring one that nobody's mentioned:

"Airplanes" by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams

For months there were loads of people on Facebook posting lyrics from it as their statuses....so lame.
Can't sit through that song.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. <3333333

Exactly.

I got so tired of reading those damn lyrics because they constantly would pop up on my news feed.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 12 2011, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 10:19 PM)
Here's a glaring one that nobody's mentioned:

"Airplanes" by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams

For months there were loads of people on Facebook posting lyrics from it as their statuses....so lame.
Can't sit through that song.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. <3333333

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Other new music I've heard

Everything ABBA has made

I like "We Built This City".

I like ABBA quite a bit.

But the Kings of Leon are VERY overrated. At least the Eagles were awesome back in the day. I just won't go watch them live due to the lineup change. But I still belt out Hotel California every time it plays on the radio- even though I do not play it over and over back like I did in HS.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 11 2011, 10:34 PM)
Tom Sawyer.

Wow, just wow

Chumbawumba - Tubthumping: thank God they went away rather quickly, like a rash.

Kings of Leon - pick one.

Alias - More Than Words Can Say: 062802puke_prv.gif 3 ex members of the classic Heart lineup made this crap??

Jermaine Stewart - We Don't have to Take Our Clothes Off: try selling that message to a 15 year old kid watching videos in the mid 80's...get this crap off! Where's the Samantha Fox vid??

Dodgy - Good enough: Good enough to make me ill. 062802puke_prv.gif

Any Cryin' Cowboy tune

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 12 2011, 10:56 AM)

I'm not sure if this is useless or not, but there is some very good rap songs out there. And I'm not talking about the mainstream "get money, f**k bitches, smoke trees".

I'm going to throw in That's What Friends are For by Elton John, Warwick, Wonder, Knight

colossal pile of crap!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 12 2011, 02:28 PM)

I'm not sure if this is useless or not, but there is some very good rap songs out there. And I'm not talking about the mainstream "get money, f**k bitches, smoke trees".

+1

8D

'Bout time someone defended good ol' rap.

I happen to be a great admirer of people who can rap right on the spot. I have a friend that can do that and it never fails to astound me how he can make up rhyme and rhythm in his words in a split-second. It's like improvisation of the mouth. I could never do that.

Besides, it's a little socio-political, but ever heard

, by Flobots?

I also like

, by Felonious. (The drummer's rap is the best. Love it!)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 12 2011, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 12 2011, 02:28 PM)

+1

8D

'Bout time someone defended good ol' rap.

I happen to be a great admirer of people who can rap right on the spot. I have a friend that can do that and it never fails to astound me how he can make up rhyme and rhythm in his words in a split-second. It's like improvisation of the mouth. I could never do that.

Besides, it's a little socio-political, but ever heard

, by Flobots?

I also like

, by Felonious. (The drummer's rap is the best. Love it!)

Hell yes! Thank the gods I'm not the only one on here who enjoys Flobots and Felonious! Do you, by chance, listen to Eyedea & Abilities also?

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 12 2011, 05:29 PM)
Hell yes! Thank the gods I'm not the only one on here who enjoys Flobots and Felonious! Do you, by chance, listen to Eyedea & Abilities also?

(Quick, quick, we better hide before the other TRF-ers find out we like rap!)

Honestly, I haven't heard of them. But I'm always willing to try out new artists and bands. Any recommendations on songs?

But in all seriousness, some rap songs are like lyrical genius. And of course all the crap gets pushed into the mainstream while the stuff with evidence of intelligence and creativity gets shoved into the back... :C Why is beyond me. Who'd rather listen to some guy ramble on about how many women he's slept with anyways? Sheesh.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 12 2011, 06:37 PM)

Honestly, I haven't heard of them. But I'm always willing to try out new artists and bands. Any recommendations on songs?

But in all seriousness, some rap songs are like lyrical genius. And of course all the crap gets pushed into the mainstream while the stuff with evidence of intelligence and creativity gets shoved into the back... :C Why is beyond me. Who'd rather listen to some guy ramble on about how many women he's slept with anyways? Sheesh.

Good E&A songs, very well!

Burn Fetish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvy3x9_SauM

Smile:

Exhausted Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66HUSPUz7ZQ

It's unfortunate because Michael (Eyedea), died last October from an accidental drug overdose. Not sure if a new album was being worked on or not, but the last album really incorporates rap with rock (in the good way). Some of the lyrics Eyedea wrote are true genius. Yet people dismiss it simple because it's part of the rap genre. If nothing more, just reading the lyrics can give a person some sense of philosophical leaning.

From 'Burn Fetish':

Teeth marks on the skin

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing me that I was him

We like the feel of blood and fat drippin' of our gums

She likes to talk directly down the barrel of a gun

Learnin' to perfect the ancient art of ply or rape

You've always been so warm and calculated I owe you a thanks

Eyes wide shut, I promise not to fall awake

Lick the guillotine and tell you how the gasoline tastes.

The grass is always greener on the other pesticide

It's how them precious message shed its infectious high

Words for me to know and you to find

Guilty, the almighty praise adrenaline, such an underwhelming thrill.

Where there's a will there's a wake,

Burn me at the stake,

Who the hell am I tryin' to fool?

I'm a fool I feel so fake.

One last goodbye before I take my 45

Shoot a hole in the sky, rip it open

And climb inside.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 12 2011, 04:37 PM)

I want to hear how many he's slept with. I'm having a personal competition with all rappers to see who can get the highest count. So far I'm losing with 0. ph34r.gif

Alanis morisette. Pretty sure it's called You Oughta Know.

I'll never know, because whe I was about 4, it was every third song on the radio. I hated it so much I would scream and throw the biggest tantrum trying to block it out and make somebody turn it off.

When I hear it now I have to supress an urge to do the same thing.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jan 13 2011, 11:15 PM)
Freebird
Love Hurts
Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Leather and Lace
I Was Made For Loving You -I hate KISS but this takes the cake.
Any country
Any rap
Any emo
Opera
Top 40

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider "emo" music? Like, give me an example of an artist, band, song, etc... Because I've never heard music classified quite in that way before!

"Time of your life" by Greenday.

That steaming pile of shit has made it to most graduation ceremonies that I know of, thankfully, my school graduation was spared somewhat by my band's (at the time) guitarist doing a rendition of some unknown steaming pile of shit by a band called Rise Against.

and a recent example is "whip my hair' by Willow Smith.

Everytime I hear that song I feel the need to kill a fellow human being

The kid is 11 years old, uncapable of producing such shit, so the person/s who produced the record positively deserve a punch in the face.

Archived