Songs that annoy you

QUOTE (KW84 @ Jan 14 2011, 01:12 AM)
There are many songs that annoy me, but all I can think of right now is Smells Like Teen Spirit.
062802puke_prv.gif

Anything by Nirvana. Kurt Cobain was SO overrated as an artist. What a douche...seriously. I ALWAYS hated that guy and that band. And, I was an angsty teenager when that came out! I was supposed to like it! Kiss my a$$. That stuff sucked so bad. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, and any Country and 99.9% of rap/hip-hop.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Jan 12 2011, 09:32 PM)
Alanis morisette.  Pretty sure it's called You Oughta Know.

I'll never know, because whe I was about 4, it was every third song on the radio. I hated it so much I would scream and throw the biggest tantrum trying to block it out and make somebody turn it off. 

When I hear it now I have to supress an urge to do the same thing.

huh.gif 4??

sad.gif Suddenly I feel old.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 14 2011, 07:41 AM)
There are many songs that annoy me, but all I can think of right now is Smells Like Teen Spirit.
062802puke_prv.gif

Anything by Nirvana. Kurt Cobain was SO overrated as an artist. What a douche...seriously. I ALWAYS hated that guy and that band. And, I was an angsty teenager when that came out! I was supposed to like it! Kiss my a$$. That stuff sucked so bad. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I love Nirvana! I like a lot of Country music and there's some very good hip-hop/rap music out there! I just thought you would like to know that's what I think! unsure.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 14 2011, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 14 2011, 07:41 AM)
062802puke_prv.gif

I love Nirvana! I like a lot of Country music and there's some very good hip-hop/rap music out there! I just thought you would like to know that's what I think! unsure.gif 1287.gif

Well, sorry if I offended... tongue.gif wink.gif

Cobain is still a douche...dead or alive...

Most of the music that got played to death on classic-rock radio annoys me now.

BTO

Golden Earring

most Eagles songs (a few exceptions, like The Last Resort-that will always rule)

most Fleetwood Mac songs (the "popular" era)

most Boston songs

Bad Company

Almost all of Journey annoys me nowadays, except for "Wheel in the Sky".

I suspect Glee may be partly responsible for this. That, and overplay in general.

How I wish the classic rock station around here played more Boston. Instead they were playing No Doubt the other day.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jan 14 2011, 02:24 PM)
All Journey should be scoured from the Earth.

'Don't Stop Believin' ' is a kitten punter if there ever was one...

As much a fan of Journey as I am, I still can't take this song. It's all I ever heard as a kid and every single one of my friends think it is the ONLY song Journey EVER made. They listen to something like 'Wheel in the Sky' and wonder why the hell I listen to it.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill)
I suspect Glee may be partly responsible for this. That, and overplay in general.

QFT. Glee has really slackened my love of Journey (post-'Escape' period, that really WAS their prime). I even know people who think Glee were the originators of the song!

QUOTE (J0N @ Jan 15 2011, 02:00 PM)
Zombie by The Cranberries is the first song that comes to my head - I'm sure she just sings things in a way specifically to be annoying.

Oh yes! Let's form a militia and hunt Dolores down.

Anything that comes out of her mouth makes me go loolah.

She should take a vow of silence and join a nunnery.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 14 2011, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jan 14 2011, 02:24 PM)
All Journey should be scoured from the Earth.

'Don't Stop Believin' ' is a kitten punter if there ever was one...

As much a fan of Journey as I am, I still can't take this song. It's all I ever heard as a kid and every single one of my friends think it is the ONLY song Journey EVER made. They listen to something like 'Wheel in the Sky' and wonder why the hell I listen to it.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill)

QFT. Glee has really slackened my love of Journey (post-'Escape' period, that really WAS their prime). I even know people who think Glee were the originators of the song!

I like "Don't Stop Believin'" (okay, admittedly because I liked Glee in its first season) but "Wheel in the Sky" is so much better. I don't get why so many people think it to be the opposite way.

Oohh, which reminds me, I saw a couple Journey LPs in my dad's massive record cabinet.. Maybe I should get myself acquainted with something other than their radio hits, hm? I've generally found that an artist/band/genre tends to be less annoying if you look outside of the mainstream. There are usually some real gems hidden on albums and such.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 15 2011, 06:02 PM)
Zombie by The Cranberries is the first song that comes to my head - I'm sure she just sings things in a way specifically to be annoying.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Jan 15 2011, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 15 2011, 06:02 PM)

trink39.gif

Right, that's 3 of us. Come on, join our noble crusade. No more bad lyrics, no more squawking. The world will be a better place. trink39.gif

Archived