Songs that annoy you

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 09:28 PM)
Train - "Hey, Soul Sister"

Oceans of musical dreck were vomited out last year. This one topped the list.

Utter dung.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, their other big one, Drops of Jupiter.....I'm assuming they meant to call it Drops of Horses P*ss, but got all fancy instead.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 04:38 PM)

Utter dung.

Hahaha I quite agree.

I'm not denying it's a well-written song...it just doesn't appeal to me & the singer's voice is just...it borders on whining for me.

I prefer Calling All Angels and Drops of Jupiter...even though I find DoJ a bit annoying as well.

What happened to their singer's voice?

It was so smooth on Calling All Angels....and he now sounds like he's trying too hard...

QUOTE (charliewang @ Aug 9 2005, 10:47 PM)
Terminal Frost by Pink Floyd they actually played that song on the weather channel

From the first time I heard that song I always thought it'd be a great fit for The Weather Channel.

It's got that slick, 'Kenny G' sort of sound to it.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 11 2011, 03:55 PM)
- Quite a few songs by Green Day, but especially "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". WHY!? WHY DID THEY WRITE THIS ONE?! "Wake Me Up When September Ends" I can understand, okay, his father died, but "Boulevard" is just so repetitive and irritating. It makes me want to tear out of my hair from its roots. And they used to play this on my favourite mod' rock radio station All. The. Time.

Why? Because it's part of the storyline of American Idiot, and without its presence, the story would be incomplete.

Oddly enough, however, "Wake Me Up..." seems like the one tune on the record that doesn't take the story anywhere. It's an excellent song and the bridge always gets me, but it doesn't really contribute to the storyline like the other songs do.

QUOTE (The Maples @ Jan 11 2011, 05:00 PM)
White Stripes

eh.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 04:38 PM)

Utter dung.

This nails it. When I first saw this thread this was the first song I thought of. The second was by that Creed rip off American Idol trip Daughtry "I'm Going Home". God, I wish they would get there already. Come to think of it, anything by Creed or any of those spinoff bands annoy me as well. While I am there, let me mention Nickelback and the song they wrote that has thousands of sets of lyrics for it. God, they annoy me more than anything. I would take a lot of crap (and there are garbage truck's full of it out there) before listening to anything Chad Kroeger vomits out.

Lol. "Fireflies" is one of my favourite songs pretty much ever. But not as much as "Vanilla Twilight". I pretty much started sobbing while listening to it. (I was having a bad day, and that song touches me so much...)

I have a feeling I'm going to be extradited from this thread for my musical interests. xD;

bolt.gif

Yeah Fireflies is terrible.

Here's a glaring one that nobody's mentioned:

"Airplanes" by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams

For months there were loads of people on Facebook posting lyrics from it as their statuses....so lame.

Can't sit through that song.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 10:19 PM)
Yeah Fireflies is terrible.

For months there were loads of people on Facebook posting lyrics from it as their statuses....so lame.

I remember that song from last year. The only good thing about it is is that Hayley Williams is hot wink.gif but the song sucks.

Now I got that stuck in my head...

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 11 2011, 10:34 PM)
Tom Sawyer.

That used to happen with me back when I was getting into Rush and I listened to the radio a lot. I solved that problem by not listening to the radio that often anymore wink.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 11 2011, 10:50 PM)
I haven't listened to the radio since I was 13.

ETA: I'm not "just" getting in to Rush either, if that's what you're implying.

No, I wasn't implying that. I was just mentioning why the song used to annoy me a bit.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 09:38 PM)

Utter dung.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, their other big one, Drops of Jupiter.....I'm assuming they meant to call it Drops of Horses P*ss, but got all fancy instead.

I used to call it Drops of Diarrhea, back when it was every third song on the radio.

Another song that makes me want to slam my head repeatedly against a brick wall is that Nelly Furtado song "Turn Off The Light".

Any and all versions of "Whoop, There It Is". I think there must've been 20 or so different renditions floating around in the early 90's.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 10:19 PM)

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. <3333333

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 11 2011, 10:09 PM)
Lol. "Fireflies" is one of my favourite songs pretty much ever.

C'mon, you actually like that song, and you like Rush?

I have a strong urge to strangle the guy who sings that song, his voice is even weaker than the dude from Linkin Park. In both cases, I'd probably like the group more if the vocalist sounded more like a "man".

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 11 2011, 10:06 PM)

I have a strong urge to strangle the guy who sings that song, his voice is even weaker than the dude from Linkin Park. In both cases, I'd probably like the group more if the vocalist sounded more like a "man".

on a cleeeaaar daaayyy

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 12 2011, 12:06 AM)

Hey, like I've said many, many times, I have vastly varied musical tastes. I used to listen to "Fireflies" on repeat for literally up to an hour when Writer's Block struck and struck bad. Depending on what I'm trying to write, I need different kinds of music to strike up inspiration.

I dunno. I like Adam Young's voice. And I think the music he creates is just nice to listen to. It's practically a ballad compared to all the loads of garbage on the radio... I just think it's a shame they never seemed to play "Vanilla Twilight" very often. (Far superior song to "Fireflies", in every aspect.. IMO.)

Archived