Its Official !!!

Narps

Narpalarpadingdong, I don't remember if you ever told us, but what originally happened to cause all the wrist problems?

Arthritis. Wear and tear over the years. I was an athlete when younger and a damn good bowler too my entire life and all of the usage just killed it. I put up with it cramping and hurting so bad for years and tried the anti inflammatory's for years and it just wouldn't get better or feel good ever. I had a couple shots in the back of my hand and when that didn't work, that was it. I quit bowling and playing golf :( a few years prior to the first surgery because it just hurt to much and I couldn't recover from one night of bowling even in a few days. It would hurt until the next week of bowling and so on and the pain would just compile. I have pain and arthritis elsewhere to and take pain meds and anti inflammatory's three times a day to control that and it works pretty well. Much of this has led to some unfortunate anxiety and depression issues as well and I take meds for that also. I haven't worked in two years, I have no friends to speak of and I can't bowl and golf anymore. Alot to handle in a short period of time not to mention the other issues and surgeries I have had. The gym and this forum have been my savior to be honest. It gives me something to do and work towards and puts a smile on my face regularly. You are sweet to ask and I apologize for the long winded answer.... :rose: :)

BTW... That pet name has always been my favorite :D

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Narpalarpadingdong, I don't remember if you ever told us, but what originally happened to cause all the wrist problems?

Arthritis. Wear and tear over the years. I was an athlete when younger and a damn good bowler too my entire life and all of the usage just killed it. I put up with it cramping and hurting so bad for years and tried the anti inflammatory's for years and it just wouldn't get better or feel good ever. I had a couple shots in the back of my hand and when that didn't work, that was it. I quit bowling and playing golf :( a few years prior to the first surgery because it just hurt to much and I couldn't recover from one night of bowling even in a few days. It would hurt until the next week of bowling and so on and the pain would just compile. I have pain and arthritis elsewhere to and take pain meds and anti inflammatory's three times a day to control that and it works pretty well. Much of this has led to some unfortunate anxiety and depression issues as well and I take meds for that also. I haven't worked in two years, I have no friends to speak of and I can't bowl and golf anymore. Alot to handle in a short period of time not to mention the other issues and surgeries I have had. The gym and this forum have been my savior to be honest. It gives me something to do and work towards and puts a smile on my face regularly. You are sweet to ask and I apologize for the long winded answer.... :rose: :)

BTW... That pet name has always been my favorite :D

:hug2:

• Like 1

So, Narps - when do you go in tomorrow to get rescrewed? :joker:

Gotta be there at 7:00 am. Hopefully it won't take them long to get started and thus get finished. Thanks for asking... :)
  • Like 1

Gotta be there at 7:00 am. Hopefully it won't take them long to get started and thus get finished. Thanks for asking... :)

All the best tomorrow! I hope it goes well and you get outta there asap. :hug2:

• Like 2

All the best tomorrow! I hope it goes well and you get outta there asap. :hug2:

If you can manage to type a few words tomorrow, do let us know how it went and how you are faring.

Will do and thanks so much ladies... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Best of luck getting screwed, Narptastic! :D

• Like 1

Some of you know already that I have been in the hospital for almost a week now. They have decided finally to install a pacemaker in me sometime later today. As I have stated before, I quit all my vices, lose 40 pounds and get in good shape and here I am. WTF!! I felt better when I was overweight and the rest. Oh well. Anyway, those who believe, say a prayer please and those who don't, do whatever you do to when you want to wish someone well. I hope this works and I live happily ever after. I will be around and will update this thread when its all over and how it went. Thanks again all..... :cheers: :)

:rose: <----------------------------------------------- special to the lovely Rush ladies

Sorry you have to go through this. Praying for you!
  • Like 2

You're going in tomorrow? I have to have a steroid shot in my back tomorrow morning too. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting jabbed.

Somehow, that didn't come out right. :LOL:

• Like 2

You're going in tomorrow? I have to have a steroid shot in my back tomorrow morning too. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting jabbed.

Good luck with the shot. I had a couple of those in the past. Jabbed is ok. If you said poked or something similar I would have been wondering... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Good luck with the shot. I had a couple of those in the past. Jabbed is ok. If you said poked or something similar I would have been wondering... :LOL:

:LOL:

• Like 1

Best of luck with your procedure- at least you can rest and watch the Masters while you recover! Take care.
  • Like 2

Best of luck with your procedure- at least you can rest and watch the Masters while you recover! Take care.

Amen to that... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I wish you the best, my friend.

We expect a full and permanent recovery! So rest the wrist, and just type with one hand for awhile. :LOL:

Seriously, I do wish you well.

• Like 2

Thinking of you man! Quick and speedy. It's not going to be the same around here until you are able to post....often! Hope you get to enjoy some Augusta later, Spieth was on fire!
  • Like 1

Hiya, Narps! :hi:

Hey. I made it but am really tired and out of it. Catch ya'll later... :cheers:
  • Like 7

Thanks for caring folks. Love you guys. This one is every bit as bad as the last... :( Posting shall be quite limited for a while
  • Like 5

Thanks for caring folks. Love you guys. This one is every bit as bad as the last... :( Posting shall be quite limited for a while

I'm so genuinely sorry to hear that. I thought it would have gone much better because it didn't involve as much this time.

• Like 2

I would bet that your posting average will still be higher than quite a few other regulars. ;)

Seriously, though, first things first- glad to see you back. And take it easy.

Don't go moving any barbells up to the attic or anything. That kind of stuff can wait!

• Like 3

I'm glad you came through it okay Narpenguin. Indulge in your pain pills to make the recovery better :)

• Like 2