Its Official !!!

Narps

:bump: Got my cast off today. Woohoo!! My wrist is now permanently locked and will never bend even 1 degree again. It actually feels pretty good for as early in the healing process as it still is. Only 2 months since the mess that was the surgery. Thanks for all who have taken interest and wished me well. Here is a pic from today about 6 hours after the cast was removed. I put it under the spoiler even though it isn't to bad. Not to bad especially if you compare to the pics after 3 days.... :cheers:

Sorry to hear about the lack of bending :(

• Like 1

:bump: Got my cast off today. Woohoo!! My wrist is now permanently locked and will never bend even 1 degree again. It actually feels pretty good for as early in the healing process as it still is. Only 2 months since the mess that was the surgery. Thanks for all who have taken interest and wished me well. Here is a pic from today about 6 hours after the cast was removed. I put it under the spoiler even though it isn't to bad. Not to bad especially if you compare to the pics after 3 days.... :cheers:

Its all good. Its supposed to be that way and always will be. Just glad to get my sex partner back :LOL: ...
  • Like 3

Its all good. Its supposed to be that way and always will be. Just glad to get my sex partner back :LOL: ...

Were you seeing her twin in the meantime? ;)

• Like 3

Were you seeing her twin in the meantime? ;)

:laughing guy: Believe it or not it just doesn't work that way (for me anyway) unfortunately..... :codger:

Can you still drive? Most importantly, can you flip people off? One of the most important things when it comes to driving
  • Like 1

Can you still drive? Most importantly, can you flip people off? One of the most important things when it comes to driving

I can do most anything (wiping my @ss with my dominant hand excluded :eh: ) .... :)
  • Like 5

Yay, glad things are healing up well.

I'm right there next to you in terms of elderly TRF folks recuperating from surgery. I had surgery on my femur/hip on Friday (the 13th, woo!) and Im on crutches for a couple weeks as I recover.

Let me guess - FAI (femur-acetabular impingement) correction? I know so many people lately who've had that surgery. Regardless, here's hoping you're back to 100% soon. As one who's spent far too much time on crutches, they suck.

I can do most anything (wiping my @ss with my dominant hand excluded :eh: ) .... :)

:LOL:

Thats sh***! :P

Good luck with the healing process. :cheers:

• Like 1

:LOL:

Thats sh***! :P

Good luck with the healing process. :cheers:

That part kind of sucks but after 2 years I have gotten used to it by now. Its one of those things you just do naturally and when you can't you have to considered other ways. Necessity certainly is the mother of invention... :madra:

You know, I've never even thought about which hand I use to do that. It's never even occurred to me.

I learn something new every day, I tells ya...

Trust me it was a shocking realization the first and 50th time I had to improvise. 50 years or so of doing something only one way is tough to turn around... :sigh: :D-13:

I'm right there next to you in terms of elderly TRF folks recuperating from surgery. I had surgery on my femur/hip on Friday (the 13th, woo!) and Im on crutches for a couple weeks as I recover.

Let me guess - FAI (femur-acetabular impingement) correction? I know so many people lately who've had that surgery. Regardless, here's hoping you're back to 100% soon. As one who's spent far too much time on crutches, they suck.

Is that considered hip replacement?... :huh:

No, luckily it's much less serious. They took off some extra bone from my femur (it was not allowing me to move my leg correctly, apparently, but I went many years before there was a problem), and then reattached the cartilage lining the hip socket. It was an arthroscopic surgery and amazingly I've had no post-op pain, but I am on crutches for a couple weeks, then have a few weeks of physical therapy.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly! Plus repair of the labrum tear it caused. Thanks, recovery is going well so far.

No, luckily it's much less serious. They took off some extra bone from my femur (it was not allowing me to move my leg correctly, apparently, but I went many years before there was a problem), and then reattached the cartilage lining the hip socket. It was an arthroscopic surgery and amazingly I've had no post-op pain, but I am on crutches for a couple weeks, then have a few weeks of physical therapy.

Wishing you well. You have always been very sweet to me... :)
  • Like 1

Aww, thank you Narpadiddley. And right back atcha. :)

• Like 1

Aww, thank you Narpadiddley. And right back atcha. :)

Love when you play with my username. I have missed it to be frank. BTW and not to :beathorse: but I have been feeling really good for about a week to ten days now. Its very encouraging to say the least. Working out hard again and running just normal errands with a little bounce in my step etc. This place really helps alot needless to say.... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 3

Oo, owwww, holy moly..! :scared:

• Like 1

Just start another thread and put a warning in the title.

I better not. Like I said, the x rays are pretty cool and I wouldn't think would offend anyone. I think the rest would be a bit much but would explain why I was out of comission for over about 10 days. I may post the x rays on here tomorrow just for kicks. I am in bed already now. Happy New Year right? Woohoo :LOL:

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not doing anything tonight except maybe taking a nap. :LOL:

I don't think there'd be any problem with posting your pictures but it's up to you.

Thanks and enjoy your night... :rose: :)

At least you have good, legal drugs to celebrate with! Downside - no alcohol. But I'm not partaking either, so that's 2 of us at least. :)

So glad you're feeling better and better. I am another who'd like to see pics if you want to share - remember, I've been known to post links to really gory video clips of huge abscesses being drained of gallons of pus. I totally understand if you'd rather not, though.

The first x ray is my hand after the first surgery a little less than 2 years ago. They fused the bones in the back of my hand with a small plate in the center and 9 screws. It didn't really net the results I was looking for. I could barely bend my wrist and it hurt most of the time....

http://s18.postimg.org/6wnmikebt/20141117_112743.jpg

The next two are what they just did less than 2 weeks ago. He removed all of the old hardware and installed a long titanium plate and a bunch of screws to totally immobilize the wrist from bending any. Hopefully this will be the last procedure. It will take a few months to heal completely and then I will see what the results truly are for day to day living....

http://s15.postimg.org/mgac1efob/20141230_103403.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/py5r3181v/20141230_103205.jpg

Holy..! :o *thud!*

• Like 1

You are a doll you know that?.... :rose: :)
  • Like 1

Narpalarpadingdong, I don't remember if you ever told us, but what originally happened to cause all the wrist problems?

Arthritis. Wear and tear over the years. I was an athlete when younger and a damn good bowler too my entire life and all of the usage just killed it. I put up with it cramping and hurting so bad for years and tried the anti inflammatory's for years and it just wouldn't get better or feel good ever. I had a couple shots in the back of my hand and when that didn't work, that was it. I quit bowling and playing golf :( a few years prior to the first surgery because it just hurt to much and I couldn't recover from one night of bowling even in a few days. It would hurt until the next week of bowling and so on and the pain would just compile. I have pain and arthritis elsewhere to and take pain meds and anti inflammatory's three times a day to control that and it works pretty well. Much of this has led to some unfortunate anxiety and depression issues as well and I take meds for that also. I haven't worked in two years, I have no friends to speak of and I can't bowl and golf anymore. Alot to handle in a short period of time not to mention the other issues and surgeries I have had. The gym and this forum have been my savior to be honest. It gives me something to do and work towards and puts a smile on my face regularly. You are sweet to ask and I apologize for the long winded answer.... :rose: :)

BTW... That pet name has always been my favorite :D

• Like 3

You are a doll you know that?.... :rose: :)

Aw..! :blush:

• Like 1