Twelve Albums That Changed Your Life

GeddysMullet

1. Time Out - Dave Brubeck: The coolest album my parents owned. I listened to it a ton as a oung kid, and it gave me a lasting appreciation of the impact of time signature on music.

2/3. Jesus Christ Superstar/Hair: My sister was into these two, and they got me interested in the rock/soul genres. Prior to this, it was pretty much Irish Rovers, Val Doonican, and the Carpenters.

4. Beatles 1967-70 (Blue Album): Again, my sister got me turned onto rock. This was pretty light stuff, but the sheer range of songwriting and musicianship fascinated me

5. Zeppelin IV: Black Dog. 'Nuff said. I was never the same.

6. Soul Explosion '74: Sampler of soul tracks from that year that my aunt gave me. Aretha Franklin, Spinners, Blue Magic, Melvin Van Peebles and the great Manu Dibango. I believe this album more than any other impacted my drumming.

7/8/9. Wings Over America/Frampton Comes Alive/CheapTrick at Budokan: Three great live albums that i wore out. Comfirmed my belief that music is best when performed, rather than recorded.

10. Boston (Debut): Amazing harmonies, every song is perfect. It was the rock record that even my mom could appreciate. Brad Delp had an absolutely perfect voice.

11. Jethro Tull - M.U. Best of...: Stole it from my sister and played it to death. Another band that I admired right off the bat because of the complexity, creativity and musicianship. The weirdness of Tull helped make me feel good about who I was as a kid.

12. RUSH - Archives: :rush:

• Like 1

These are in order of when I received them

1. American Idiot-Green Day

This was not the first album I ever got, but it was the first I truly appreciated, the first that I listened to all the way through, and most importantly, the first I bought with interest in hearing all the songs, rather than having the single or two that appealed to me. I was just hitting my pre-teens when I caught wind of all things American Idiot. It was different from anything I had heard before, it was punk, but thoughtful punk. It also introduced me to politics, swear words (not that I started saying them, but it put them in an ok perspective), and that an album was not just a collection of songs (or at least it did not have to be), but could be a flowing narrative, a large art showcase. As a side note, it also introduced me to the concept of long song (with 2 tracks around 9 minutes)

2. Power Windows-Rush

When I received this album, Rush was no longer a strange to me. I had known of them since 2007 and already had collected 6 of their album when I got this one (along with 3 others, 2 of which I listened to (by which I mean for about 2 weeks each) first). With all of Rush's albums in addition to the hits I loved, their were always a few treasures, and a few disappointments to some degree, however, Power Windows would be the only exception. The moment I listened to it was significant too. I gave it it's first listen the weekend after a tough, but ultimately successful exam period (which Grace Under Pressure helped me study through). No one was in the house, so I did not have to conform to a low volume or headphones. I lied quietly on my bed for the songs I had not heard yet to take it all in. After finishing the album, there was no doubt I loved it. The way the album flowed from one piece to another, never having to drastic a jump. The musical quality, the balance of synth and bass from Geddy, this was the Rush album I was waiting for. I immediately listened to it again when I finished. That album was glued to my cd player for quite some time, and it remains my favorite album (although an album below might take its spot, if it ages on me well).

3. The Age Of Plastic-The Buggles

This album was significant for a few reasons, first it my first album that had to be imported. Good luck finding this one at an HMV any time. Second and more importantly, I think it was the first album I really studied. There was a lot of different things going on in each of the tracks on this album, I was for the first time really fascinated with why each sound was present, especially on the opening and closing tracks. This album also was the first to give me chills (albeit only on one song, so that might be attributed to that rather than the album as a whole), and it was my first introduction to electro-acoustic music, which would grow into so much more as time would go on.

4. Clockwork Angels-Rush

Significant for a different reason than the others on this list. This was the first album that I anticipated it's release, read every news article, and eventually bought on release day.

5. Boingo-Oingo Boingo

An album I really respect. For a band who had a string of albums that slowly evolved their sound to have such a sudden mood change, and work really well is truly the evidence of musical genius. Fronted by Danny Elfman, this normally upbeat post-punk dance rock band with horns and synth took a huge mood change with their last album, turning to a dark alterna-grunge sound with a heavy emphasis on improvisation (unlike any of their previous albums). I did not know how much I would like this album when purchasing it, since the genre on it was not really my thing, yet upon listening it was still distinctively Oingo Boingo, without sounding anything like Oingo Boingo (if that makes any sense). Toss in the applause I give to this album for it's brilliant improvised sections (which sadly led to several tracks getting cut, but truly speaks to how much this album was the band's own, not cutting the focus of this album to include all of the recorded tracks) and you have one of my most respected albums for the complete freedom the band took with the album. To this day I feel it is their magnum opus, and best album (though not my favorite).

6. All Things Bright And Beautiful-Owl City

My first pop album, as I first discovered Owl City, I tried to keep one foot out of the water as almost all pop I had heard was complete crap, so I had some preservations fearing that as I listened for more. Eventually I was ready to fully commit however, but it felt weird to buy the album, good, but weird. I remembered how optimistic I was listening to the songs I had not heard, and how excited I was to belt out the songs I did know. I came out actually quite proud of owning the album for some reason. This album also gave me my first appreciation for rap (still not a lot, but hey, it's progress), and it furthered my continuing love of electronic music. Most importantly however, this album (along with any of Owl City's songs) makes me really happy. Even the sad songs brighten me in a way.

7. The Airship-Port Blue

This ambiance album was a really artistically inspiring album. The album seemed to tell a story, but being instrumental, the only clues were the titles, which were all scene descriptions. This really allowed me to invent the story going on based on the music. Every listen is different because my story differs a bit each time

8. The Midsummer Station-Owl City

This album I hated when it first came out. It was everything I feared Owl City might be when I first started listening (as stated above). It was pop sounding, full of EDM. Gone was the fuzzy synths and unique dreamy lyrics, and in it's place was a hit single called Good Time (guess what it's about) with guest Carly Rae Jepsen, it spelt disaster before I even heard it. Needless to say, I was upset. Something saved it though. I could not ignore the opening track. Little things about it that I loved kept me coming back. Slowly those elements bled into liking the other songs, until all of the sudden I had to pick it up. In the end I found that it was still deep down Owl City, just trying something new. The album taught me not to immediately dismiss music that you generally don't like. It also taught me that music does not have to be complex to be enjoyable.

9. Nanobots-They Might Be Giants

My first spontaneous purchase. Previously I had made sure with every album that I liked at least a few songs on an album before I committed to purchasing it. I had only known of They Might Be Giants for two weeks, but I was already hoping to purchase an album I was familiar with on a trip to Winnipeg. HMV did not have the album I was hoping for, only their newest release. I did not know a single song on it, and was scared to buy it blindly, but really wanted something of theirs to be able to listen to in the car. I bought it, and was not disappointed in any way. It taught me to be more adventurous in finding new music.

10. Alive 2007-Daft Punk

This re-invented the concept of a live album for me. Now fully loving electronic music, this was the album that sealed the deal. It feels as though every song on this album was re-invented. The brilliant mixing of songs, hearing each song come and go multiple times, mixing with songs I would have previously drawn no connection to so perfectly. I had always loved live albums that brought the most change to each track, but this one puts all others to shame.

11. Merriweather Post Pavilion-Animal Collective

This might become my favorite album. I found musical bliss with this album. No where on this album is a particular instrument especially significant, every aspect of every song plays an important part, and nothing gets in the way. There is so much going on in this minimalist album, it is exciting each listen to focus on what is going on as tiny little things that may have been unnoticed before suddenly plays such a huge part. Combine that with brilliant inspired electro-acoustic work for a perfect album.

12. Centipede Hz-Animal Collective

Similar reasons to entries above about taking a radical sound shift, and having perfectly balanced parts, but this album also seems to be the building block for the kind of music I would like to make. A pop base, covered with lots of weird things. Mixing electroacoustic brilliantly, having a loose concept that is not constricting for the writer, and having the songs transition without pause. There is little doubt in my mind that anything I write, this album with have influenced, maybe not in sound, but in character.

Edited by RushBoingo

Really tough to narrow it down to just 12 but here goes:

1. Radiohead - OK Computer: Masterpiece from start to finish. Really helped to shape my taste when I first started to really get into music.

2. Metallica - Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets: One of these got me into metal but I can't really remember which one. Both are flawless classic imo.

3. Coldplay - X&Y: I know this band gets hated on a lot but this album is criminally underrated. Huge influence on my musical taste.

4. Opeth - Ghost Reveries: My favorite Opeth record and what helped me get into death metal.

5. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon: Heard so much about this album but didn't like it at first. Took a while for it to click and I now consider one of the best albums ever made. Favorite track is probably Us and Them.

6. Tool - Lateralus: My first introduction to prog metal.

7. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God: Along with Ghost Reveries this was the album that got me hooked on death metal.

8. Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue: The album that got me into the band. Such a dark, doomy, yet catchy record.

9. Dream Theater - Images and Words: Didn't care for this band at all to begin with, now one of my favorites.

10. Black Sabbath - Paranoid: The quintessential metal album.

11. Agalloch - The Mantle: What got me into black metal.

12. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet: Steven Wilson's best work to date imo.

• Like 1

2. Metallica - Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets: One of these got me into metal but I can't really remember which one. Both are flawless classic imo.

I can never remember which song is on which album, they are so similar. Which is not a problem, they are both excellent albums!

• Like 1

1. Time Out - Dave Brubeck: The coolest album my parents owned. I listened to it a ton as a oung kid, and it gave me a lasting appreciation of the impact of time signature on music.

2/3. Jesus Christ Superstar/Hair: My sister was into these two, and they got me interested in the rock/soul genres. Prior to this, it was pretty much Irish Rovers, Val Doonican, and the Carpenters.

4. Beatles 1967-70 (Blue Album): Again, my sister got me turned onto rock. This was pretty light stuff, but the sheer range of songwriting and musicianship fascinated me

6. Soul Explosion '74: Sampler of soul tracks from that year that my aunt gave me. Aretha Franklin, Spinners, Blue Magic, Melvin Van Peebles and the great Manu Dibango. I believe this album more than any other impacted my drumming.

7/8/9. Wings Over America/Frampton Comes Alive/CheapTrick at Budokan: Three great live albums that i wore out. Comfirmed my belief that music is best when performed, rather than recorded.

10. Boston (Debut): Amazing harmonies, every song is perfect. It was the rock record that even my mom could appreciate. Brad Delp had an absolutely perfect voice.

11. Jethro Tull - M.U. Best of...: Stole it from my sister and played it to death. Another band that I admired right off the bat because of the complexity, creativity and musicianship. The weirdness of Tull helped make me feel good about who I was as a kid.

M.U. is a great compilation. Introduced me to all things Tull as well.

• Like 1

M.U. is a great compilation. Introduced me to all things Tull as well.

+1. And Repeat Vol. II as well.

• Like 1

To everyone who recommended Boston's self-titled. Thank you! I love it! Got it today...really great stuff! Right up my alley!
  • Like 3

I grew up with the album. My sister was (and still is) nine years older than me. When she was in high school, she listened to that all the time. That and the soundtrack from the Broadway play West Side Story. I was about five years old, and I guess you can say I developed my love for music at a very very young age.

• Like 2

There a Three important albums that changed my life which when you put it down on in writing does`nt really tell the whole story but these first three were that important .

The Beatles . Sgt. Pepper .

I guess me and millions of others have been turned on by this album , it truly was a Alice in wonderland moment .

Rush . A Farewell To Kings .

I saw the band and then bought the album , I had heard a few Rock albums before this , but none had the same impact that I know every note and every lyric to this day .

It was a life changer , I grew my hair and became a Concert , Festival Rock disco loving head banger for the next 7 years .

and from that year in 78 to this day , I still go to concerts and love every minute .

Close To The Edge .

Bought it on my 16 th Birthday , I like to think it got me ready for the next few years of Rock and Prog albums that would soon become an obsession .

1 album can do that , that how good it is .

These 3 set up my Rock listening lifestyle .

The next 9 . also had a tremendous effect on me

Mike Oldfield . Tubular Bells

Nothing is more amazing than hearing this the very first time .

The Beatles . The Beatles .

The White album , what is`nt on this album .

Rock , Blues , Folk , Country , Advent Garde , Comedy , it has it all

The Who - Quadrophenia

The best rock album ever made ?

Of course , and hearing this as a 16 year old going on 17 , I was living the album ! (But Not a Mod , I was a Rocker )

E.L.O. - A New World Record

This album got me into buying just more than Beatle albums , at the time , a band that made me sit up realise that there was not only The Beatles could blow me away . Telephone Line . A perfect song .

The Beatles Revolver .

The last track .

Imagine hearing that , when you had been watching Top of the Pops week in and week out .

The Beatles - Abbey Road .

Yet again , The Fab Four just got me hooked into album buying , and they were worth every penny .

Wings - Band On The Run .

This was a begining that led to Sgt. Pepper , but it is McCartney at his best in the album solo stakes .

John Lennon , John Lennon Plastic Ono Band .

If you have heard this album , you will be noding your head right now and I don`t need to put into words how life changing this album is when you are a working class lad being told by Lennon how it is .

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water .

Bought by my older brother (I was 8 when I heard this ) it got me intranced by the almost story telling of Simons song writing and when I think now how I must have been injected by the sounds and harmonies and the beauty of this album that stayed with me for most of my life .

You and I have a lot of the same choices. I almost put the Simon and Garfunkel album in my list but at the last minute decided not to. Looks like The Beatles were huge influence on a lot of us.

I did notice that when I read your post .

Two great minds . :notworthy:

To everyone who recommended Boston's self-titled. Thank you! I love it! Got it today...really great stuff! Right up my alley!

It's a great one. So big & shiny.

I do love the shiny...so preety!

Its great! I really like 70's rock, the cheesy and the prog. I look forward to more recommendations guys!

I know this isn't the right thread but I know GM will understand when she hears....

Guess what a TRF member sent me? Oh, go ahead, guess....no. Not that. Guess again....

QUADROPHENIA

I am so excited right now I am beside myself. This is the first time I have listened to this album in over 25 years, and it sounds better than it ever did. Each and every lyric and note came flooding right back to my mind.

I think I have to put this as my all time favorite. Sorry Moodies.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

It's a great one. So big & shiny.

I do love the shiny...so preety!

Its great! I really like 70's rock, the cheesy and the prog. I look forward to more recommendations guys!

Check out Starcastle & Pavlov's Dog. They got the cheese & the prog. Fabulous stuff.

Black Crowes- amorica. (1994)- This record literally saved my life, numerous times, when I was in my early 20s. One indispensable song after another, after another. And I love it that they weren’t getting along with each other at the time. It’s incredible that they produced such an amazing album during a time when the Robinson brothers absolutely wanted to kill each other. It taught me that grief and anger can surrender a really beautiful statement.

Grateful Dead- American Beauty (1970)- Simple, clean, and beautiful. This album is equal parts sadness, redemption, and “Aw, whatever, man, let’s just play.” Box of Rain, Ripple, Brokedown Palace, and Attics of My Life are the standouts, in terms of the themes that resonated with me. Everything in my life was shrouded in darkness when I first heard this record (and then played it again, and again, and again) in about 1986-’87. It made it feel like it was OK to stay in that darkness, for a little while. The healing would come eventually, and this record helped to bring it on.

Rush- Hold Your Fire (1987)- After listening to Rush since 1980, this was the first Rush album that I bought on my own; the first one that was not handed down to me by my brother, who had turned me on to them. This isn’t my favorite Rush album, although I do like it more than a lot of people...but it is the most important one, considering where I was at the time of its release. Force Ten just jabbed me in the ribs and said, “So, what’s it gonna be, kid? Are you going to fold, or are you going to make it?” And it took some time, but I made it.

Joni Mitchell- Hejira (1976)- An album all about travel and longing, and a search for fulfillment that never quite comes to fruition. One of the first friends I made in college was mainly responsible for turning me on to Joni Mitchell, and this album is one of a couple of hers that are absolutely essential. Accompaniment on several songs by the incomparable Jaco Pastorius.

Ray Lamontagne- Till the Sun Turns Black (2006)- A perfect blend of folk, baroque, and soul. And that voice of his, my goodness! This is the man who made me want to start playing guitar.

Jeff Buckley- (Sketches for) My Sweetheart the Drunk (1997)- I heard this album for the first time on September 30th, 2005, after a Black Crowes show at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia. My friend put it on in the car as we were leaving town looking for a hotel, and I was captivated by it within the first sixty seconds. “WHO is that?!”, I remember saying. I was hooked for life, from that moment. Most people consider his first album, Grace, to be his finest (it was the only album he completed in his lifetime). But I heard this one first, and because of the effect it had, it holds that distinction for me.

Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin I (1969)- The roots of everything Zeppelin ever explored are all there in their first album. The first time I heard it, I was 14. Good Times Bad Times just blew me away...I see this album as some great, great songs, bookended by two perfect ones- Good Times Bad Times, and How Many More Times.

Allman Brothers- At Fillmore East (1971)- I bought this on vinyl when I was 16 or 17 years old. It was the best three dollars I had ever spent, at that time. Stormy Monday, Elizabeth Reed, Whipping Post, You Don’t Love me- classics, all. I had never heard live music like this before. This is arguably the best official live rock or blues album of all time.

Guided By Voices- Alien Lanes (1995)- These guys are my hometown heroes, and this album is a bizarre masterpiece. From the mind of Bob Pollard has sprung forth a lot of weirdness, but also some undeniably great hooks and riffs- for those who don’t know, think of The Who mixed with 13th Floor Elevators, and produced on a cheap Radio Shack cassette recorder. Their preceding album, Bee Thousand, is the one that broke them big. But this is one that just came along at the right time for me. It’s messy, discordant, and strange in a lot of places- not an easy listen, for the uninitiated. But my goodness, it’s brilliant!

The Beatles- Abbey Road (1969)- The last Beatles album ever recorded was the first one I ever bought, in 1986- it was the first CD I ever bought, to be played in my brand new, first-ever CD player. But I digress. This is just a perfect album, and the ending suite is particularly sublime- timeless rock and roll music. It’s as vital today as it was when it was recorded, 45 years ago.

Bob Dylan- The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan (1963)- Yes, this album has classic protest songs (Blowing in the Wind, Masters of War, A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall), but it is the more personal ones- Don’t Think Twice and Girl from the North Country- that make this album indispensable. I’ve listened to other Dylan albums more frequently than this one, but every time I go back and listen to this record, it’s like enjoying a favorite food that I haven’t tasted in years.

Black Crowes- Before the Frost/Until the Freeze (2009)- A double album of all new songs, recorded at Levon Helm’s barn in front of an audience of about 150 people. (This would be like if Rush invited 150 of us into the studio with them to witness the recording of a new album, over the span of a couple of weekends). This is not just any album, though- it’s an hour and forty-one minutes that runs the gamut of American music, from rock and blues to jazz, folk, and some country-ish things, too. Perfectly placed at another very dark time in my life, this record just charmed away a lot of the demons I had around.

Rush- 2112 (1976)- Again, this is not my favorite Rush album, but the first two parts of the suite, Overture and Temples of Syrinx- they completely rearranged all of my molecules. Absolutely astonishing! The first time I heard this album I was seven years old, and I had found my first (and forever) favorite band.

• Like 4

1.The Shadows - 20 Golden Greats. The album that made me start playing guitar when I was a little boy.

2. Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World. The sound of true genius being born.

3. Bowie - Station To Station - Arrival At Genius.

4. Bowie - Low - Genius perfected.

5. Hanoi Rocks - Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes. Rock n Roll as it should be.

6. Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz. First time I heard Randy Rhoads. Perfect metal album.

7. George Benson - Weekend In L.A. Wore out God knows how many copies of this.

8. George Benson - Breezin'. See no.7!

9. Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. He's a wonder all right.

10. Van Halen - 1. Never heard anything like it before or since.

11. Montrose - S/T. Just one classic song after another the whole way through.

12. Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus. Just a flawless shimmering gem of a record.

• Like 2

I know this isn't the right thread but I know GM will understand when she hears....

Guess what a TRF member sent me? Oh, go ahead, guess....no. Not that. Guess again....

QUADROPHENIA

I am so excited right now I am beside myself. This is the first time I have listened to this album in over 25 years, and it sounds better than it ever did. Each and every lyric and note came flooding right back to my mind.

I feel you, sister! :cheers: Such a wonderful album. I'm happy to hear that it still reaches you in that way.

Whoever sent it to you...GOOD JOB on them, eh? :D

• Like 3

I grew up with the album. My sister was (and still is) nine years older than me. When she was in high school, she listened to that all the time. That and the soundtrack from the Broadway play West Side Story. I was about five years old, and I guess you can say I developed my love for music at a very very young age.

It really is a perfect album. Like you, I developed a passion for music at a very young age. Rock music came onto the scene later, which I'm actually glad for.
  • Like 1

1.The Shadows - 20 Golden Greats. The album that made me start playing guitar when I was a little boy.

2. Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World. The sound of true genius being born.

3. Bowie - Station To Station - Arrival At Genius.

4. Bowie - Low - Genius perfected.

5. Hanoi Rocks - Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes. Rock n Roll as it should be.

6. Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz. First time I heard Randy Rhoads. Perfect metal album.

7. George Benson - Weekend In L.A. Wore out God knows how many copies of this.

8. George Benson - Breezin'. See no.7!

9. Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. He's a wonder all right.

10. Van Halen - 1. Never heard anything like it before or since.

11. Montrose - S/T. Just one classic song after another the whole way through.

12. Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus. Just a flawless shimmering gem of a record.

Plenty of great ones here!

Black Crowes- amorica. (1994)- This record literally saved my life, numerous times, when I was in my early 20s. One indispensable song after another, after another. And I love it that they weren’t getting along with each other at the time. It’s incredible that they produced such an amazing album during a time when the Robinson brothers absolutely wanted to kill each other. It taught me that grief and anger can surrender a really beautiful statement.

Beautiful!

It was tough to keep it to twelve. In no particular order...

2112 – Rush

Kind of Blue – Miles Davis

Ghost in the Machine – Police

Innervisions – Stevie Wonder

Ten – PJ

Aja – Steely Dan

Let’s Dance – David Bowie

Rumours – Fleetwood Mac

Nevermind – Nirvana

Led Zeppelin IV

Murmur – REM

Tattoo You – Rolling Stones

Great, great list!

I love how many people list Quadrophenia as an important album! It just embodies that sense of alienation and loneliness of youth for me, and I guess I still feel alienated as an adult, because it feels like it holds a relevance to my life that other albums don't. Like I'll still like them, but they don't necessarily speak to me like they did at 14. At 44 Quadrophenia still does, largely, and in many ways more so. Thanks to this thread for reminding me how much I love it, I'm listening right now. :)
  • Like 3

It really is a perfect album. Like you, I developed a passion for music at a very young age. Rock music came onto the scene later, which I'm actually glad for.

I love this album too. I listen to jazz whenever I'm in the kitchen and often when I'm getting things done around the house. Time Out, Kind of Blue and Blues & the Abstract Truth (by Oliver Nelson) are my top three favorite jazz CDs. I'm also a fan of Charles Mingus, Herbie Hancock, Charlie Parker, Monk and Coltrane. Such good music.
  • Like 3

QUADROPHENIA

I feel you, sister! :cheers: Such a wonderful album. I'm happy to hear that it still reaches you in that way.

Whoever sent it to you...GOOD JOB on them, eh? :D

Oh, it does, it does, it does. You should have seen me yesterday. I haven't been this ecstatic about anything in decades. Sad, but true. I was so excited, I couldn't fall asleep last night because all I could think about was getting back up this morning so I could listen to it again.

We should start an official QUADROPHENIA thread so I can gush about it. The album seems to have a few fans here. Pete said it was the best thing he ever wrote and he doesn't think he will ever top it. Glad to see he agrees with us. ;)

• Like 1

I love how many people list Quadrophenia as an important album! It just embodies that sense of alienation and loneliness of youth for me, and I guess I still feel alienated as an adult, because it feels like it holds a relevance to my life that other albums don't. Like I'll still like them, but they don't necessarily speak to me like they did at 14. At 44 Quadrophenia still does, largely, and in many ways more so. Thanks to this thread for reminding me how much I love it, I'm listening right now. :)

:LOL: I was 19 when it came out and soon to be twenty. I am now soon to be sixty. The same lyrics jump out at me today that did back then, and I find it strange how prophetic they were, almost as if my subconscious knew what was ahead.

I am now going to listen to it - again.