How was the Test For Echo Tour?

pfrushfan0122

So, I know this may be random, but I'm watching videos from the tour and it seems like it was a decent showing. For those of you that were there in person, how was it? I'm really intrigued to hear how songs like Limbo and the entire 2112 suite went over with the crowd... I wish I could've been there, however, I was busy learning to walk and speak my first words around that time...

I have to agree that 2112 was the highlight. It was my first Rush concert, so I've been spoiled never having to sit through an opening act. It seemed that the majority of the crowd were "old school" fans, meaning that they probably hadn't listened to anything Rush put out after Signals I enjoyed the songs from T4E. I also remember being one of three females in my entire section. Boy how times have changed.
  • Like 4

It was one of the best tours ever (maybe they all are). I saw them 5 times that tour, including opening night in Albany from Govenor's the luxury box - free booze and bathroom access...

The video boot of the Albany show is pretty good.

I wish I could've been there, however, I was busy learning to walk and speak my first words around that time...

You missed a RUSH show for that? Priorities, my friend...priorities.
  • Like 6

was that your last rush gig? last concert period?

Hi Bath. I didnt see Rush again (after Counterparts) until the TM tour. Wasn't impressed with this show either. Lotsa pee break songs! :)

You missed three great tours back to back. T4E, VT and R30 were fantastic setlists, and the boys were on good form. During that run I heard/saw just about every song I'd care to hear/see (or had a realistic chance of hearing). S&A was decent, but it was laden with too many new songs that brought down the vibe. Even bringing Entre Nous out of the vault, which we diehards loved for sure, brought the energy down. Time Machine had better sustained energy & was good fun with the full Moving Pictures, Presto as the vault track, and a re-tooled Closer to the Heart.

I skipped the last tour, which looks amazing on video, but the setlist seems like the audience vibe would have been low for most of the show.

Edited by goose

Hi Bath. I didnt see Rush again (after Counterparts) until the TM tour. Wasn't impressed with this show either. Lotsa pee break songs! :)

I guess for you it would've sucked, yeah

that was my first rush show, I loved it. if I'd seen them on the down the tubes tour I might not have loved it as much, who knows. looking at the setlist again, you only like 14 songs out of the 27-28 or so they played, so yeah I would've had a bad time too

You missed three great tours back to back. T4E, VT and R30 were fantastic setlists, and the boys were on good form. During that run I heard/saw just about every song I'd care to hear/see (or had a realistic chance of hearing). S&A was decent, but it was laden with too many new songs that brought down the vibe. Even bringing Entre Nous out of the vault, which we diehards loved for sure, brought the energy down. Time Machine had better sustained energy & was good fun with the full Moving Pictures, Presto as the vault track, and a re-tooled Closer to the Heart.

I skipped the last tour, which looks amazing on video, but the setlist seems like the audience vibe would have been low for most of the show.

seriously, even gemini might've enjoyed r30.

and yes CA did not have lots of crowd energy at my shows, I loved the synth stuff though

• Like 1

I thought it had a good mix of tunes, with 2112 being a MAJOR highlight! i also like the fact that it started their "evening with" shows, and they avoided opening acts... About the only tune from T4E that was worth seeing was Driven! The rest were all ho-hum... ti was also nice that they pulled Natural Science back into the mix! (but I was bummed they dropped Prelude!)
  • Like 1

For the record Alex still fit the leather pants just fine at that point in time, so being a rock musician he gets a free pass on them. I can only say that at this point I was a young guy who would have loved to see one of my rock heros, but during this time they chose to forget about the part of Canada west of Toronto.

I thought it was a helluva tour, great setlist with Nat Science and 2112 being the highlights for me. I also like T4E quite a lot so that helped as well. Saw the tour twice in San Diego, once each leg. Sure wish there was an official video release of the tour but as most folks know, there have always been rumors that it was filmed but there was a giant fubar with the video afterwards and as a result it won't ever see the light of day.

I don't know...this was the first tour that I didn't see at all since my first show, during the Presto tour. What I've heard from it sounds excellent, even if I'm not a huge fan of the Test For Echo album. It's all right, but it's not great, in my humblest.

I saw 2 shows on the tour, and luckily I was at the version of 2112 that made it on Different Stages at what was once called Great Woods.

2112 was the highlight for sure, and what was better was at the time we all didn't really know how much of it they were going to play but they kept going and going and going it was SO AWESOME.

Also the way they presented it- when Geddy would kind of fade in and fade out with some sort of purple spotlight for the softer spoken parts, it was really cool they way they did it.

The only other songs I really remember being exceptionally good at that show were Red Sector A (the first time I'd ever seen this live) and a very fast version of Natural Science which blows the doors off most everything else anyhow.

P.S. I remember that the song 'Test for Echo' opened up the 2nd half of the show and we had to run back to our seats because it began sooner than we had anticipated :D

• Like 1