armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist

deconstruction primitive performance photo-realist

be-bop or a one-drop or a hip-hop lite-pop-metallist

gold adult contemporary urban country capitalist

Which Rush song is that?

last one on RTB

Holy crap, it really is a Rush song!

:LOL:

I think it's funny how some take it all so serious, not so much the topics , but the culture of message boards.. I was told recently that I bring nothing useful to this forum.. Who gives a shit what I bring? We aren't curing cancer here., its just another way to pass the time

I agree with that. But still, this place is a hobby for some. And many people take their hobbies seriously whether it's golf, painting, video games, or posting on a message board

Calling all liberals! We need you in SOCN. If you think Obama is the cat's meow, if you think Nancy Pelosi is the bomb, or if you think Harry Reid is a righteous dude, please join The Sense O'clock News. We are suffering from a severe liberal shortage.

So, if you like to discuss politics and enjoy showing conservatives how heartless they are, or explain to libertarians how Somalia is proof that libertarian values don't work, the SOCN needs you!

Simply send 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 a PM asking to join (provided you have met the 100 post criteria).

So, what are you waiting for? Come enlighten us heartless bastards! :ebert:

NEVER AGAIN.

Jeez, I have enough people who can't stand me already on TRF - believe me, you should THANK me for not wanting to ever go back there. ;)

liberal/individualist attitudes

Does not compute.

He is definitely confused.

Sure it computes, it's Neil's political outlook, a bleeding heart libertarian, or, basically having lots of personal freedoms, but as a community, supporting charitable causes and such, among other things. Basically on the political compass, imagine it very far south (towards lack governing control of personal interests) and central in terms of business ideas (capitalism vs. communism style). Also Mr. Cooper, I joined, but have not posted anything because I am Canadian and almost no topic relates to me. It does not look anywhere near as interesting as I thought it would.

Does not compute.

Sure it computes, it's Neil's political outlook, a bleeding heart libertarian, or, basically having lots of personal freedoms, but as a community, supporting charitable causes and such, among other things. Basically on the political compass, imagine it very far south (towards lack governing control of personal interests) and central in terms of business ideas (capitalism vs. communism style). Also Mr. Cooper, I joined, but have not posted anything because I am Canadian and almost no topic relates to me. It does not look anywhere near as interesting as I thought it would.

Peart may describe himself as a libertarian, but more of his ideas would be unwelcome to the rank and file of the Libertarian Party than would be welcomed.

The modern left (liberals) are almost exclusively statist, and statism is the antithesis of libertarianism. The fact that in some areas conservatives favor the encroachment of the state on personal rights does not make the left less so.

• Like 1

Does not compute.

Peart may describe himself as a libertarian, but more of his ideas would be unwelcome to the rank and file of the Libertarian Party than would be welcomed.

The modern left (liberals) are almost exclusively statist, and statism is the antithesis of libertarianism. The fact that in some areas conservatives favor the encroachment of the state on personal rights does not make the left less so.

Neil Peart rocks.

Does not compute.

I found that particularly interesting.

• Like 1

Does not compute.

I find it partially interesting.

Does not compute.

I find it partially interesting.

Someday, you'll understand it, and find it particularly interesting.