Calling All Liberals! We Need You!

ILSnwdog

How should I join? I've PM'd 73 some time ago asking if I can join and I had no reply. I really want to be in there as I want to major in Political Science.

Weren't you like 12 the first time you asked for access? :huh:

Yeah he was. Too young. There's a reason you have to be 18 to vote.

How should I join? I've PM'd 73 some time ago asking if I can join and I had no reply. I really want to be in there as I want to major in Political Science.

Or in your case, 50.

:LOL:

Or in your case, 50.

53..?

• Like 2

Or in your case, 50.

Sheldon! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Nate turned 15 in April. Is he ready?

15? Has he even had his first nocturnal emission yet? :o Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

I would say 15 is not too early to learn something, but it depends on how people are "in there" :)

The forum has an express "no personal attacks" policy, so as long as you can handle personal attacks, you're fine.

• Like 8

Or in your case, 50.

53..?

Sorry, you looked much younger in your pictures.

:wub:

I would say 15 is not too early to learn something, but it depends on how people are "in there" :)

The forum has an express "no personal attacks" policy, so as long as you can handle personal attacks, you're fine.

That's a great observation, idiot.

No, really.

• Like 2

Marx said religion was opium of the people. I think it's politics these days. I'm always amused at people arguing these topics to no useful end. Politics seems to be a great way for governments to keep a large percentage of the population busy so they aren't revolting. I've got no use for it myself.

it's no different than 20 page threads about which rush or zep or maiden record is best. it's just discussion.

The difference is I don't think most people discussing bands on a message board feel like they are accomplishing something real in the world. In my experience people that discuss politics seriously in the same fashion feel this way and are fooling themselves into thinking that something useful will come out of it. This is not meant to offend anyone here. It's more of my reason for not being interested. I used to be VERY involved which is how I developed this viewpoint.

• Like 3

One more thought: if you are interested in politics my suggestion is to not worry about what is happening overseas or in Washington (or your capital) that much. Get involved in it at the local level where you may actually be ale to make a difference. Helping improve roads, schools, or underprivileged kids is a great way to be involved AND actually get something accomplished.
  • Like 4

That's a great observation, idiot.

No, really.

I know. Won't you please come back? They say you left because of me.

Marx said religion was opium of the people. I think it's politics these days. I'm always amused at people arguing these topics to no useful end. Politics seems to be a great way for governments to keep a large percentage of the population busy so they aren't revolting. I've got no use for it myself.

it's no different than 20 page threads about which rush or zep or maiden record is best. it's just discussion.

The difference is I don't think most people discussing bands on a message board feel like they are accomplishing something real in the world. In my experience people that discuss politics seriously in the same fashion feel this way and are fooling themselves into thinking that something useful will come out of it. This is not meant to offend anyone here. It's more of my reason for not being interested. I used to be VERY involved which is how I developed this viewpoint.

My participation in SOCN (or any other foum, for that matter) is the same as pretty much anyone else's (though I can just about lay money on who will disagree with me): pure vanity -- I like to "hear" myself talk.

even though discussion in socn gets "heated" at times, I see it as people just shooting the shit about something theyre into. that's why I said it's no different from going on about which Sabbath record is best or something

Kind of tired of being in there and getting chewed out because I don't argue the way somebody's logic or philosophy professors taught them.

you gotta talk like spock to fit in

I don't watch Star Trek. :eh:
  • Like 1

Kind of tired of being in there and getting chewed out because I don't argue the way somebody's logic or philosophy professors taught them.

I don't watch Star Trek. :eh:

Fascinating.

That is highly illogical.

I think it's funny how some take it all so serious, not so much the topics , but the culture of message boards.. I was told recently that I bring nothing useful to this forum.. Who gives a shit what I bring? We aren't curing cancer here., its just another way to pass the time
  • Like 2

I guess. I think he believes he's missing out by not being allowed in. I reckon he'll get bored pretty soon.

It's really all about whether we will be pushed to make allowances. All discussion should be on the basis that everyone is equal and therefore fair game...

1. Cons an libs are two sides of the same coin. The cons are wolves and the liberals are wolves in sheep's clothing. Neither politicians of both parties care about the people today.

2. I'm considering green party or independent when I register next time. The two Goliath parties can get bent.

3. I had enough of Obummer when he flip flopped on an issue I'm passionate about, getting rid of Monsanto and GMOs in foods, and realizing he's just a slightly more liberal Dubya. I should have just voted Jill Stein or Johnson last November.

I agree with you 100%.

And I DID vote for Jill Stein.