Chicken and waffles - WTF?

Mara

But when they cheat, they eat chicken and waffles. As long as the chicken is local.

And as long as they are wearing a cool hat

And listening to cool music. Without the cool music, the rest is a pretense at being cool. Take it from someone who used to be cool back in the groovy days long before most of you were born. ;) ;)

I love waffles. I love chicken. But I love them separately ;)

The level of intolerance in your post...I can't determine whether you are a racist or a misogynist.
  • Like 2

The level of intolerance in your post...I can't determine whether you are a racist or a misogynist.

He's waffling. Or chickening out.

• Like 4

chicken and waffles potato chips suck dick bigtime. bought a bag the other day, what a bad taste

What the hell were you expecting them to taste like? lol

most "hipsters" I meet are vegan, or at least they say they are. you know, morrissey proclaimed meat is murder decades ago and they have to agree with him on everything

Please there are plenty of us that would like hold Morrissey down and wax his eyebrows... or something like that.

When I was younger I used to LOVE to eat bacon and pancakes together, loaded with syrup. I discovered it one morning at grandma's house when I went totally overboard pouring syrup and it went all over the plate and covered my bacon.

I have yet to try chicken and waffles but it actually sounds pretty damn good.

I also love bacon and/or sausage with syrup on them. I can have them on the plate with my pancakes just fine; it's great, as a matter of fact.

However, scrambled eggs, not so much- I can't stand syrup mingling with my eggs.

• Like 1

He's waffling. Or chickening out.

:clap:

So this sweet and salty thing reminds me of a burger I had this summer. Blue cheese, bacon & caramelized onions with...peanut butter! It was sheer heaven!

Not sure how many folks here know of Waffle House restaurants, aka "The Awful Waffle", THE best place to go when you're crunked out, or hung over after you're crunked out.

The All-Star Special is a HELL of cure for crunk.

http://www.wafflehouse.com/images/stories/MenuFront_13.jpg

Edited by pjbear05

Not sure how many folks here know of Waffle House restaurants, aka "The Awful Waffle", THE best place to go when you're crunked out, or hung over after you're crunked out.

Waffle House! :cheerleader:

• Like 2

fried chicken is good breakfast, lunch and dinner

Honey butter chicken biscuit at whataburger, HIGHLY recommend

chicken and waffles are not hipster food, but they tend to latch on to anything unique and quirkey, they just cant was to drop some #chickenandwaffles #soulfood with a picture of their plate on their twitter or FB or instagram or whatever

• Like 1

also, you people really losing sleep over this shit?

Take it easy, Hoss. No one is losing any sleep over this.

I think someone might be a hipster, hit a little to close to home, although hipsters never admit to being hipsters

So this sweet and salty thing reminds me of a burger I had this summer. Blue cheese, bacon & caramelized onions with...peanut butter! It was sheer heaven!

That just made my stomach clench up in revulsion.

• Like 1

THE place to go for a grease fix! Quality between franchises definitely varies, though.

My ex-fiance and I made it a tradition to have Christmas night dinner at Waffle House. It was generally the only thing open, and by that point we sort of wanted anything other than standard holiday stuff. Some sausage, bacon and a double helping of hash browns usually fit the bill quite nicely.

THE place to go for a grease fix! Quality between franchises definitely varies, though.

My ex-fiance and I made it a tradition to have Christmas night dinner at Waffle House. It was generally the only thing open, and by that point we sort of wanted anything other than standard holiday stuff. Some sausage, bacon and a double helping of hash browns usually fit the bill quite nicely.

I went to the one in Clemson so much, the lady stopped asking me what I wanted... Bacon/Egg/Cheese sandwich with ham and cheese hash browns. I had that twice a week I bet :LOL:

That just made my stomach clench up in revulsion.

You'd think...but it was phenomenal. :drool:

I have never had fried chicken and waffles. But they sure do sound good. If I ever get the opportunity to sit down in a soul food restaurant, I will order the combo for sure.

Waffle House is just fine. Like said above, each one can have differences especially the cleaning part. We now have a WH near us that is smoke free!

I could not believe it, but they do a great business and people come to that one specifically because of the no smoking policy.

BTW. The original patty melt is my favorite. Whole wheat and onions. With extra pickles on the side. Pretty damn good.