Random facts about YOU! Let's hear 'em.

hobo73

Can you hear out of them? Or are they just there for window dressing?

lol mainly window dressing- my hearing DOES suck lmao.

Word of advice- never try to see how far you can stick a Q-tip into your ear canal. I'll tell you right now, they go in pretty deep and the results are really, really painful lmao.

I was a kid, but that's still no excuse hahaha.

Word of advice- never try to see how far you can stick a Q-tip into your ear canal. I'll tell you right now, they go in pretty deep and the results are really, really painful lmao.

Shit that's scary. I went pretty far and the Doc really gave me a telling-off. I was more freaked about that.

Shit that's scary. I went pretty far and the Doc really gave me a telling-off. I was more freaked about that.

lol I just remember hearing a deafening POP!!!!- then hearing nothing out of my right ear. Within seconds I felt what I consider to this day to be the most excruciating physical pain I have ever felt.

I ended up bursting my ear drum and the most wicked, gnarly ear infection ensued LOL.

lol I just remember hearing a deafening POP!!!!- then hearing nothing out of my right ear. Within seconds I felt what I consider to this day to be the most excruciating physical pain I have ever felt.

I ended up bursting my ear drum and the most wicked, gnarly ear infection ensued LOL.

Yikes!! That's no laughing matter!! :scared: Going to a few rock shows when young with no ear protection I'm sure killed off some high frequency receptors. Kids are smart.

Many years ago flew off a motorbike, over the top of a car and came crashing down on the road smashing my wrist and elbow up. I've never known that kind of pain before or since, yay!

• Like 1

I can't swim front crawl without getting cramps in my feet.

Try stretching before and drinking water and magnesium supplements... that used to happen to me a lot when I'd swim... and I swim a lot. so I found that helped me.

• Like 1

My right front tooth is a crown because of a biking accident.

OMG...my right front tooth is a "fake" with a gold post because of a fall on an ice pond in grade school.

Both my fronts are fake...I've broken them five different times. 1) three years old, running after my sisters down the driveway. Tripped, fell, hit my face, broke my teeth. 2) Riding the school bus, leaning forward chatting with a mate. Bus hit a bump slinging my head forward into the metal backing of the seat in front of me. Broke both teeth. 3) Swimming at the neighbor's with my eyes closed, I looked up to see where I was & swam right into the edge of the pool. Broke both teeth. 4) Pushing a friend on his Big Wheel. I had him flying at top speed when he veered into a bush, stopping short. I sailed over him and hit the handlebars, breaking off both teeth. 5) Little League practice, my friend was tossing pebbles. Jokingly, he tossed one my direction and...yes...it hit me right in the tooth, breaking it off.

I cracked this one tooth multiple times before a crown was put on. I cracked like a 1/3 of it off, didn't hit the nerve. Parents put on a veneer. Knocked that off playing ball with my brother. Got it fixed and the very next day, chasing my cousins at my grandparents house, they ran thru a room, tried closing the door behind them, caught me in the face and knocked out the veneer. Parents were not happy. That one lasted until I was 22-23 and I knocked it out bringing a bottle of beer to my lips too quickly :LOL:

Went with a crown after that.

:LOL: I don't know about you, but I am almost always smiling. Puts my teeth at great risk.

I can't swim front crawl without getting cramps in my feet.

Try stretching before and drinking water and magnesium supplements... that used to happen to me a lot when I'd swim... and I swim a lot. so I found that helped me.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go next time I go swimming :)

when I was 14 I sent the typical fan letter to Cheap Trick care of their fan club.

The fan club manager actually passed it along to the guys and I got a personalized signed picture in the mail and Rick gave me a guitar pick. Now, I blame this on going through a lot of crap at the time, but I sobbed. I was overjoyed for once, and the gratitude I felt was overwhelming.

My dad and brother were chuckling at me as I buried my face in my CT shirt and cried! hahaha.

Ahhhh, chick emotions lmao.

^^^That was probably a great fan experience as a teenager, hearing from a band that you cared about. I would have loved it. Can't get near or hear from anyone now. Rarity.
  • Like 1

When I was 4, I had the same reoccurring dream every night for almost an entire year. The dream was about my mom and I loosing a race against my brother, and because of it, we got killed by a ghost. The last time I had the dream, I won the race.
  • Like 1

When I was 4, I had the same reoccurring dream every night for almost an entire year. The dream was about my mom and I loosing a race against my brother, and because of it, we got killed by a ghost. The last time I had the dream, I won the race.

Fascinating!!

I had some seriously, seriously disturbing/horrific/unsettling recurring dreams growing up. Isn't it interesting how, all those years later, you can still remember in detail what the dreams were about? lol

^^^That was probably a great fan experience as a teenager, hearing from a band that you cared about. I would have loved it. Can't get near or hear from anyone now. Rarity.

I'm still mighty embarrassed over how I reacted >.<

It was just pure amazement, and I was so incredibly thankful.

In 1969, I was 18, I was working a chump change summer job at a City of Detroit golf course, assigning tee times for the "back nine", and Chris (the course professional) calls on the intercom phone, saying;

"Pencil me in for a foursome for an hour from now. Nobody in the slots before or after (which were 9 minutes apart), and don't say anything stupid when we get there!"

I said "OK" and thought "WTF?"... until I saw the other members of his quartet.

Lem Barney, then a stellar cornerback for the hoplessly terminal Detroit Lions, dressed like a slob in a T shirt, canvas shorts and Chuck Taylors. "Jeez", I thought "can it get any"... HOLY SHIT!

Up stroll William "Smokey" Robinson & Marvin Gaye, each in proper golf regalia-long sleeved golf sweaters, long creased pants, golf spikes, and custom bags-not some crap you'll find at GolfSmith or Edwin Watts. Smokey was in cherry red and white, Marvin in lavender and white, and both as sharp as tacks! (Every girl crazy? Damn right!).

I dumbfoundedly managed to mumble "Gentlemen, the 10th tee is yours", and they played through.

• Like 3

What if I told you that i'm actually.... Michael Jackson...

Speaking to us from the grave? :scared:

Ah, but which one speaking to us from the grave-the singer, or the beer connisseur?

In 1969, I was 18, I was working a chump change summer job at a City of Detroit golf course, assigning tee times for the "back nine", and Chris (the course professional) calls on the intercom phone, saying;

"Pencil me in for a foursome for an hour from now. Nobody in the slots before or after (which were 9 minutes apart), and don't say anything stupid when we get there!"

I said "OK" and thought "WTF?"... until I saw the other members of his quartet.

Lem Barney, then a stellar cornerback for the hoplessly terminal Detroit Lions, dressed like a slob in a T shirt, canvas shorts and Chuck Taylors. "Jeez", I thought "can it get any"... HOLY SHIT!

Up stroll William "Smokey" Robinson & Marvin Gaye, each in proper golf regalia-long sleeved golf sweaters, long creased pants, golf spikes, and custom bags-not some crap you'll find at GolfSmith or Edwin Watts. Smokey was in cherry red and white, Marvin in lavender and white, and both as sharp as tacks! (Every girl crazy? Damn right!).

I dumbfoundedly managed to mumble "Gentlemen, the 10th tee is yours", and they played through.

:o

That's amazing. Wow. Legends!

When I was little, like 5 or 6, my dad told me he was able to meet Lucille Ball at Universal Studios in California- the year before she passed away.

He shook her hand and had a conversation with her. My IDOL.

I very clearly remember crying, saying "It's just not fair, daddy!! YOU met her!!!! Not me!!" hahaha. Child drama.

I still tell him- damn you, pops. lol.

Edited by hobo73

I share the same birthday with:

Roman Emperor Vespasian

Nicholas Appert, the inventor of canning

Louis XVIII of France

Lee Strasberg, film director

Rock Hudson, actor

Peter Cook, comedian

Gordon Lightfoot, musician

Martin Scorsese, film director

Danny DeVito, actor