Is TRF A "Rush" Forum Anymore?

Nate2112

It seems that TRF has lessened it's degree for Rush over the ages. Maybe it is just me, but does anyone ever think of this? When I go to TRF now, I don't bother with half of the forum because I just lost interest in Rush over the ages. Even now, while I'm listening to The Camera Eye, I used to get this brilliant vibe when I listen to them. Not anymore, but anyway, is TRF a social forum or a RUSH forum? It seems that everyone goes to either the Random Samples or the Music Of The Spheres to talk...I do the same so I can't complain LOL. When I first joined the forum when I was 12, I joined because this was the place to talk with fellow Rush fans. Now, I go and talk to Mr.IsNot, Tommy Sawyer and Adace because we all enjoy the same music. I haven't seen Metaldad, JohnnyBlaze, danielmclark, or Pags in a whole lot of time! I miss the old arguments of "what era of Rush is better" and Rush Goober's famous "VAPOR TRAILZ RULES" quotes. Also, call me crazy, but Cosy Toes was part of the whole TRF Experience. Heck, I wonder what TRF was like when it started in 2004.

I originally joined this forum because I was a Rush fan, but I was also impressed with the MOTS sub-forum I was 14 and just discovering music on my own, moving away from what my parents liked and what was on the radio. This place introduced me to a bunch of non-mainstream bands. So, I spent an equal amount of time in that sub-forum while also talking about Rush. After a couple of years, I started getting pretty bored of ranking my favorite albums, talking about my favorite Rush songs, reading arguments about Neil's lyrics, etc, so I mostly just post in MOTS now. I still love Rush, but I think many people like you and me get bored talking about the same stuff, so we gravitate towards the non-Rush corners of the board. I still consider this a Rush forum, as we're all here because we're fans of them. We just like to talk about other things as well. It's not like no one posts in the main forum, as there are still plenty of threads that older members and new members alike participate in. So I can't agree that this isn't a "Rush" forum anymore. It's a social forum for Rush fans to talk about Rush, other bands, food, etc.

And I miss Cosy Toes. His troll posts were funny and he also made worthwhile contributions in MOTS.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ
  • Like 2

For me, I've been around Rush forums for over ten years (starting with geddylee.net around 2000) and have discussed just about everything "Rush". It gets too repetitive after awhile, so I don't post in this section very often.
  • Like 2

It seems that TRF has lessened it's degree for Rush over the ages. Maybe it is just me, but does anyone ever think of this? When I go to TRF now, I don't bother with half of the forum because I just lost interest in Rush over the ages. Even now, while I'm listening to The Camera Eye, I used to get this brilliant vibe when I listen to them. Not anymore, but anyway, is TRF a social forum or a RUSH forum? It seems that everyone goes to either the Random Samples or the Music Of The Spheres to talk...I do the same so I can't complain LOL. When I first joined the forum when I was 12, I joined because this was the place to talk with fellow Rush fans. Now, I go and talk to Mr.IsNot, Tommy Sawyer and Adace because we all enjoy the same music. I haven't seen Metaldad, JohnnyBlaze, danielmclark, or Pags in a whole lot of time! I miss the old arguments of "what era of Rush is better" and Rush Goober's famous "VAPOR TRAILZ RULES" quotes. Also, call me crazy, but Cosy Toes was part of the whole TRF Experience. Heck, I wonder what TRF was like when it started in 2004.

You answered your own question in your first few sentences.

Q: "It seems that TRF has lessened it's degree for Rush over the ages."

A: "Maybe it is just me... When I go to TRF now, I don't bother with half of the forum because I just lost interest in Rush over the ages."

And of those four people you mentioned as being AWOL, Metaldad, JohnnyBlaze, danielmclark, and Pags, only daniel has been missing for a while.

We can divide into three classes

1) Joined for Rush initially, stuck around for other features

2) Joined for Rush and visits periodically for Rush news, talk, meet-ups, etc.

3) Obsessed with Rush, so obsess with Rush with other obsessed folks

TheRushForum has hardly changed, how you use the website yourself though... That has obviously changed. Which is fine. You can only talk about Rush daily for so long before you burn out... Unless, that is, you truly are obsessed.

• Like 7

What do you want, Nate? 24/7 fanboi slobbering over the band?

Have you considered the possibility that Rush fans are, in general, older and wiser? With age and experience comes wisdom and clarity......and the need to go gaga over the band like a hormone-driven teenager is no longer a priority.

Have you considered the possibility that many or most fans here no longer need to debate and argue over which era is better, which album is better, etc.? It's been regurgitated a billion times.

People change. They grow older and wiser, and they move on. You can either hop on the train or stay where you are. :) :) :)

• Like 2

What do you want, Nate? 24/7 fanboi slobbering over the band?

Have you considered the possibility that Rush fans are, in general, older and wiser? With age and experience comes wisdom and clarity......and the need to go gaga over the band like a hormone-driven teenager is no longer a priority.

Have you considered the possibility that many or most fans here no longer need to debate and argue over which era is better, which album is better, etc.? It's been regurgitated a billion times.

People change. They grow older and wiser, and they move on. You can either hop on the train or stay where you are. :) :) :)

Yes he does and a teddy bear thrown in too!

And I miss Cosy Toes. His troll posts were funny and he also made worthwhile contributions in MOTS.

What happened to Cosy Toes? I remember reading his posts before I joined, but he hasn't been around in a long time. Did he do something heinous that I missed and get banned? :huh:

Yeah, I really miss that JohnnyBlaze character. He was really interesting, funny, and incredibly sexy!

Nate, just YESTERDAY you laughed at a comment I made in that 'Rush/do drugs' thread over in the Rush section.

This forum, like Rush, has changed a lot over the years. But the core of what it is is essentially the same and is easily identifiable as TRF (or Rush if you're talking about the band

)

• Like 1

It's a social forum with love of rush being the only 1 thing we all have in common. After you "learn" everything you want about rush you either drift away or find other reasons to keep it fresh. I don't post nearly as much as I used to but still come by here almost every day because I have other interests that are covered here.

It's a social forum with love of rush being the only 1 thing we all have in common. After you "learn" everything you want about rush you either drift away or find other reasons to keep it fresh. I don't post nearly as much as I used to but still come by here almost every day because I have other interests that are covered here.

We have no need for you.

• Like 1

We have no need for you.

Or you.

We have no need for you.

Or you.

Way to miss the joke, Nancy.

We have no need for you.

Or you.

Way to miss the joke, Nancy.

Who is Nancy?

What happened to Cosy Toes? I remember reading his posts before I joined, but he hasn't been around in a long time. Did he do something heinous that I missed and get banned? :huh:

He got banned. I don't remember why, but he probably went over the line with his posts. I know he's had many other accounts that he got banned from, but I don't think he ever came back.

I only come here for the latest on Rush. If I want to discuss the issues of the day or engage in great philosophical arguments, I go to "The Bieber Forum".
  • Like 4

It's true, we all love Rush. And TRF is a less controversial acronym than the originally proposed The GROIN (Group Relating Opinions In Nonconformity) Forum.

Kicked that one around for a while, but .... :eh:

:outtahere:

• Like 2

I only come here for the latest on Rush. If I want to discuss the issues of the day or engage in great philosophical arguments, I go to "The Bieber Forum".

There isn't really a Bieber Forum, is there?! :scared:

Yeah just out of curiosity I did a search for Bieber internet chat group forum. One of them was hacked with a #cutforBieber...to make him quit smoking weed :laughing guy:

Yeah just out of curiosity I did a search for Bieber internet chat group forum. One of them was hacked with a #cutforBieber...to make him quit smoking weed :laughing guy:

:scared: These :scared: forums :scared: exist :scared: ! :scared: