Choose your sport

Lost In Xanadu

Sports Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. My favorite professional sport(s) to watch is(are)

• Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Football
    • Golf
    • Hockey
    • Soccer
    • Tennis

For me, my far and away favorite is Football for a number of reasons. Golf is also fun to watch, and I love the NCAA tourney (but hate the NBA) Edited by Lost In Xanadu

For me, my far and away favorite is Football for a number of reasons. Golf is also fun to watch, and I love the NCAA tourney (but hate the NBA)

You must adore commercials. ;)

#1...NFL by far. Every week, pretty much every game with Sunday Ticket.

Since the poll specifies professional sports, I'll have to overlook my #2 and #3, college basketball and college football respectively.

#2 NASCAR. My interest is down a bit from the past, since the sport is run by an idiot (I know, which sport isn't) and because all of the hype about Danica (who is less proficient at her sport as Tim Tebow is at his). But the races are still enjoyable, almost as much as KJ's takedown of NWK in the NASCAR thread.

#3 MLB. This and NASCAR go back and forth between #2 and #3 for me. When the Cubs are good, it moves to #2. So that means, most of the time MLB is at #3.

As far as everything else is concerned, I'm interested in the big events in golf, the Stanley Cup playoffs, Indy 500, and other big events. This can include the Olympics, even though they've pretty much ruined the telecasts since NBC took over.

With the exception of the NBA. Just not interested. If I want to see people get paid to play basketball, I'll watch the team that represents the University of Kentucky on the basketball court.

Edited by laughedatbytime

For me it is:

1) College football

2) NHL

3) NFL - very close to NHL, especially as shitty as the Avalanche have been the last few years.

Honestly, it depends on the season. Right now it's college hockey and then the NHL. In the dead of summer it will be MLB, although this year and last year I have been less excited about Opening Day than I can ever remember.

The NCAA basketball tournament is the most exciting event of the year, particularly the first two rounds.

In the fall and early winter, I follow the NFL. I'm not a huge college football fan, but I enjoy bowl season.

I follow the Celtics, although not as closely as a I follow BC and the Bruins while their seasons overlap.

A word about golf: I enjoy playing, even though I'm horrible. I cannot stand watching it on TV.

Cricket

Not sure if serious........

Cricket is huge in Goatnut, TN

That's not the only thing huge in Goatnut...you should see the deer

So glad you said deer....

Hockey, then baseball to kill time in the offseason. Used to be a huuuuge basketball fan, but can't watch a single game anymore. For various reasons, I've grown to despise football- not the least of which being the godlike status Johnny Hitler has received at A&M (where I went to school) despite being a racist scumbag.

Baseball. I love hockey, just not NHL hockey - too many fights. I love Olympic and college hockey.