Official 2013 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Cano gets 10 yrs $240 from Mariners :facepalm:

Granderson to Mets...4 yrs $60 million

Beltran to Yankmes, 3 yrs $45 million

Roy Halladay signed a one day deal with the Toronto Blue Jays so he can retire as a Jay. Thanks for the memories, Doc.

Bravo. Class act. We loved him in Philly. He took out a full page ad in tomorrows Phila paper thanking the Philly fans and the team. Retiring a Blue Jay was obvious and the right thing to do. Bravo.

• Like 1

Choo gets 7 years $130 million from Texas , no way I would give that long of a deal.

Thanks for a great year none the less and may the force be with Choo !

:facepalm: I don't see this going well. Jon Daniels is turning out to be a lot like Tom Hicks with his screwed up philosophies and spending habits.

My Rangers are getting all f'ed up. I can't watch the Cowboys anymore without needing to be talked off a ledge in the end. The Mavs? Wow.... There's always hockey, I guess. ;)

Choo gets 7 years $130 million from Texas , no way I would give that long of a deal.

Thanks for a great year none the less and may the force be with Choo !

:facepalm: I don't see this going well. Jon Daniels is turning out to be a lot like Tom Hicks with his screwed up philosophies and spending habits.

My Rangers are getting all f'ed up. I can't watch the Cowboys anymore without needing to be talked off a ledge in the end. The Mavs? Wow.... There's always hockey, I guess. ;)

Daniels loves him some OBP.

A Fraud's suspension reduced from 211 to 162 games.

What ever will we do without A-Rod next year? :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

A Fraud's suspension reduced from 211 to 162 games.

What ever will we do without A-Rod next year? :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Do not worry. He'll still be in the news all season long.....whether we want it or not.... :facepalm:

• Like 1

I suppose we should start a new thread for this year, but it has been reported that David Price has signed a 1 yr $14 million deal with the Rays to avoid arbitration.

yanks sign Tanaka for 7 years, $155M.

I'll be happy if Trout is the reason why the Angels, who were in the hunt, didn't get him. I read on some Angels Facebook page that they're working on an extension. Frankly, that's WAY more important than spending too much money on someone halfway through their career like Seattle did with Cano.

Reds had Griffey, Texas had A Fraud and Seattle will have Cano if they're not too careful.

Nelson Cruz signs 1-year, $8M deal with Orioles. Funny when you look back and realize he could've gotten 1-year, $14.1M from the Rangers in November. Underestimated the market.

Homer Bailey for 6-years, $105M? Do the Cincinnati Reds look at advanced metrics at all....? Very puzzling to me.

Nelson Cruz signs 1-year, $8M deal with Orioles. Funny when you look back and realize he could've gotten 1-year, $14.1M from the Rangers in November. Underestimated the market.

Homer Bailey for 6-years, $105M? Do the Cincinnati Reds look at advanced metrics at all....? Very puzzling to me.

Seriously? $105M for Bailey? Wow.

This is a guy whose career bWAR is 6. Pretty expensive no-hitter, if ya ask me.

Maybe they should spend another $110 on Philip Humber. :)

But any pitcher who has thrown innings for Dusty Baker is a good bet...

He's been better in the last two years, but still has a career ERA of 4.25. I guess that isn't much different from Jack Morris (HoF snub), but still. Surprising, nonetheless.

EDIT: Morris's ERA was 3.90. Just kidding :D

Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

He's been better in the last two years, but still has a career ERA of 4.25. I guess that isn't much different from Jack Morris (HoF snub), but still. Surprising, nonetheless.

EDIT: Morris's ERA was 3.90. Just kidding :D

Just looked up his stats. Not as bad a signing as I originally thought, but still a real gamble.

I do like the fact that the most similar player through age 27 is Joe Blanton. :yikes: