Official 2013 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Come on Tigers...I REALLLLY don't want to have to cheer for a Boston team.

Neither do I, being a born and raised Detroiter. But if they lose, I got no problemo cheering Boston over St. Louis.

Neither do I, being a born and raised Detroiter. But if they lose, I got no problemo cheering Boston over St. Louis.

Detroit will be pitching their 2 aces games 6 and 7. I am hoping they will pull out a miracle and win the series. But if they lose, even though I'm a Jay's fan and would normally cheer American League, I'll be hoping St. Louis wins. (sorry, but many Jays fans still feel mad about John Ferrell bailing out).

Detroit will be pitching their 2 aces games 6 and 7. I am hoping they will pull out a miracle and win the series. But if they lose, even though I'm a Jay's fan and would normally cheer American League, I'll be hoping St. Louis wins. (sorry, but many Jays fans still feel mad about John Ferrell bailing out).

What is the Tigers' record in games started by Scherzer and Verlander in this series?

What is the Tigers' record in games started by Scherzer and Verlander in this series?

Let it never be said that you're not seduced by small samples.

It's at most a 7 game series. How big do you think the sample size can get? Ask Billy Beane if regular season ERA and OPS calculations help you in the post season.

It's at most a 7 game series. How big do you think the sample size can get? Ask Billy Beane if regular season ERA and OPS calculations help you in the post season.

Yes, Billy Beane is famous for saying his sh1t doesn't work in the playoffs.

Because it's a small sample.

If performances over 162 games aren't predictive of outcomes in a 7 game series, what makes you think that a 2 game sample would?

But I will give you that Scherzer and Verlander sucked in their starts, and obviously can't pitch under pressure. I'm sure you're hoping that both pitch as poorly as they did earlier in the series, right?

If performances over 162 games aren't predictive of outcomes in a 7 game series, what makes you think that a 2 game sample would?

But I will give you that Scherzer and Verlander sucked in their starts, and obviously can't pitch under pressure. I'm sure you're hoping that both pitch as poorly as they did earlier in the series, right?

Who said anything about using 162 game samples to predict the series outcome? You said I was seduced by small samples. I'm saying that Scherzer and Verlander have pitched as well as Tigers fans could have hoped, and the Sox won both games. So obviously that isn't the end all be all to winning games in a series, is it?

Who said anything about using 162 game samples to predict the series outcome? You said I was seduced by small samples. I'm saying that Scherzer and Verlander have pitched as well as Tigers fans could have hoped, and the Sox won both games. So obviously that isn't the end all be all to winning games in a series, is it?

Nope. Nor is it predictive of Games 6 and 7...

Right. But Scherzer and Verlander probably can't pitch much better. Buchholz certainly can. Lackey probably can't.

Right. But Scherzer and Verlander probably can't pitch much better. Buchholz certainly can. Lackey probably can't.

True enough. :cheers:

World Series bound bitches!

http://live.boston.c...ox_live_updates

Amazing grand slam...but has there been a worse pitch in post-season history? Up 0-2 in that situation don't you just throw it over the first baseman's head and see if the batter swings?

A big, big curve ball that stayed up just a wee bit. Victorino had to go down and get it. That fastball to Napoli the other day was worse, IMO. Napoli hit it 450 feet dead center......

Congratulations, Red Sox. Now lay those beatdowns on St. Louis!

A comment was made on the Detroit News website That I wholeheartedly agree with:

Tigers need only 3 changes to be World Series champs next year:

1. Get rid of Leyland

2. Get a real closer

3. get a real 1st baseman.

A comment was made on the Detroit News website That I wholeheartedly agree with:

1. Get rid of Leyland

2. Get a real closer

I agree with 2 and 3. Prince looked terrible falling on his way back to third. Now it's down to the ugly beards vs Cards. I hope it's 'in the cards' for St. Louis to win.

As much as I hate to say it...

Go Red Sox!

I know how much that hurt. It's comforting to know you hate the Cards more than you hate me.

I don't hate you. The f***ing worthless waste that is the Miami Dolphins, that I hate right now. Chokers.

• Like 1

Want to talk about a lack of perspective? My son will be celebrating his 10th birthday very soon. Before that day, the Red Sox will have played in 3 World Series, the Patriots will have played in 4 Super Bowls, the Bruins will have played in 2 Stanley Cup finals, the Celtics will have played in 2 NBA Finals, and Boston College hockey will have won the national championship 3 times.

Want to talk about a lack of perspective? My son will be celebrating his 10th birthday very soon. Before that day, the Red Sox will have played in 3 World Series, the Patriots will have played in 4 Super Bowls, the Bruins will have played in 2 Stanley Cup finals, the Celtics will have played in 2 NBA Finals, and Boston College hockey will have won the national championship 3 times.

If the Sawx win the Series, maybe Simmons will move Boston below Buffalo AND Cleveland in his most tortured sports cities list. Maybe.

Congratulations, Red Sox. Now lay those beatdowns on St. Louis!

1. Get rid of Leyland

2. Get a real closer

well, it looks like you got #1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1819110-jim-leyland-reportedly-resigning-as-detroit-tigers-manager

If the Sawx win the Series, maybe Simmons will move Boston below Buffalo AND Cleveland in his most tortured sports cities list. Maybe.

It's Sox.

Rick, what will you do if both the Red Sox and Patriots win it all this year, and will you survive it? ;)