Worst CA song?

Gershon

Worst CA song?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is, in your opinion, the least favorable song on Clockwork Angels?

Personally, I don't think BU2B2 should be on here, because its only an interlude and doesn't measure up as a true song. However, since I love this album so much, and finding no weak songs on it, I'll merely choose the obvious choice, BU2B2, as a way of opting out.

Don't really consider BU2B2 a "real" song so I go with Wish Them Well. Not terrible, just not up to par with the other songs on the album. I like the lyrics it's the music. Just kind of average.

Carnies it is for me. For some reason reminds me way to much of VT. Plus i have to agree with the OP.

Actually I would say that the first 4 songs are ok. Originally I was not thrilled by them but they have all grown steadily on me. Carnies did not thrill me at first and it has not grown at all. Them comes the wonderful Halo Effect (the best song on the album) and the album just takes off. Every song after that it very enjoyable. Can't really count BU2B2 as a song. Its more of just a bridge. But even so its better than Carnies.

If I had to choose it would be Wish them Well....Dont think BU2B2 should be included in the list, its really just a bridge song, which I think fits nicely into the album as a whole.

Believe it or not, after WTW, I'd pick the title track as my least favorite (bet Im in the minority there!)

Dont think BU2B2 should be included in the list, its really just a bridge song, which I think fits nicely into the album as a whole.

Believe it or not, after WTW, I'd pick the title track as my least favorite (bet Im in the minority there!)

Agreed, kill BU2B2 as a choice. For my least fave it may have been the tt once upon a time but like a lot of CA, it's improved over time. I need more research, brb!

Carnies it is for me. For some reason reminds me way to much of VT. Plus i have to agree with the OP.

Actually I would say that the first 4 songs are ok. Originally I was not thrilled by them but they have all grown steadily on me. Carnies did not thrill me at first and it has not grown at all. Them comes the wonderful Halo Effect (the best song on the album) and the album just takes off. Every song after that it very enjoyable. Can't really count BU2B2 as a song. Its more of just a bridge. But even so its better than Carnies.

I think the part: "The glint of iron wheels..." is genius but it's not as good as the Anarchist, Headlong Flight or The Wreckers are overall.

Don't really consider BU2B2 a "real" song so I go with Wish Them Well. Not terrible, just not up to par with the other songs on the album. I like the lyrics it's the music. Just kind of average.

This is pretty much how I feel, but I really enjoyed WTW live. I can "feel" it more when I listen to it on the album now, the same way seeing The Main Monkey Business changed for me in 07.

There's only one song on the album that's a skipper and a waste of record space, and that's BU2B2.

How can anyone prefer that song to Wish Them Well??? :huh: :blink: :crazy:

I think a lot of us just consider it to be a bit of an effectual piece of the album, not a song. I don't even have it on my ipod: only listen to it when I'm playing CA as a whole disc. Sure, if it tried to stand alone as a tune, it would be at the bottom of my list of all Rush songs... Including Dog Years.

On a related note, I sorted the Rush studio albums by play count on my ipod earlier, and coming in last place was Take A Friend, followed by I Think I'm Going Bald. It's not really accurate because I like to play the discs in the car because my ipod radio transmitter sucks a weiner, listen to the vinyls (through HYF... don't have Presto-CA), and I sometimes leave the ipod running on an album or playlist all day.

• Like 1

Still kind of new here, is there any way I can nerf BU2B2 as a choice?

On an unrelated note, Grege2112, I think you and I are some of the only people here who thoroughly enjoyed those 2 songs (WTW and the title track) They get no love </3

This is pretty much how I feel, but I really enjoyed WTW live. I can "feel" it more when I listen to it on the album now, the same way seeing The Main Monkey Business changed for me in 07.

This is how I feel....WTW was cool live but enjoyed the 7COG swap out at my other show. BU2B2 may grow on me someday but it is not really a full song and the chorus on WTW has always irked me a little.

What's your least favorite song on the album?

Personally, I would have to say Carnies. To me it just sounds jumbled, it just doens't click with me.

Hmmmm, Carnies isn't all that bad but I know what you mean, it's getting there. I had hoped this one improved over time but no, it's still the drag of the title track for me, just a real stinker all over... :facepalm:

Holy shit I had no idea WTW had so much dislike here! :o While far from the best of CA I wouldn't have ranked it that bad :huh:

Edited by Steevo