Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - 2013 nominees

AM2112

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 4 2012, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 4 2012, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Oct 4 2012, 08:45 AM)
Yeah, you watch...now eeeeverybody will all of a sudden jump back on the bandwagon and magically stop bitching about what a joke the RRHOF is.

I've always felt that the RRHOF was a joke. I've also always felt that Rush should be inducted. These are not mutually exclusive positions.

I agree with this. The HOF is a joke, but it is also great to see Rush get recognized.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 4 2012, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Oct 4 2012, 09:10 AM)
I really don't care whether they get into the Disco Hall of Fame or not, but as of right now, Rush has twice as many votes as the 2nd place band Deep Purple.

I think this will be a landslide vote for Rush.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/vot...uctees-20121004

To you and everyone who thinks this "the fans get to vote" thing will have much of an impact: look carefully at the explanation of it, on the Rolling Stone website. The top five vote-getters, as voted on by we the public, will then get ONE official vote for induction. There are 600+ other persons who vote, and collectively we're just ONE vote. Even a "landslide" of votes from the Rush community won't make much impact.

Yes this is true it will not, but still it will show that one vote represents thousands.... wink.gif

It would be a curious blend if standing on stage with Rush on one side Joan Jett and the supposed hate expressed by her because of the alleged incident with Jetts first band the Runaways, Heart on the other side Ann Wilson who not long ago said that Rush should be inducted.

At this point I think the RRHOF is ____________ (fill in your own word here.), But, if RUSH should get in, they well deserve to be inducted on the basis of what the RRHOF was created for in the first place. It's about time, dammitt!!!! bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Oct 4 2012, 04:42 AM)
Thanks to RIAB's reporting, Cliff Burnstein has recently became a member of the nominating committee. This is why Rush was nominated. This is probably the only reason Rush was nominated. And, they were nominated. That doesn't mean they go in.

I stopped caring about their induction a few years ago. I'm not sure how I'm greeting this nomination, other than finally the snub is lifted, and thanks Uncle Cliff. RRHOF is suppose to announce this on thier facebook page. How rock and roll eyesre4.gif

I never cared about it from the very beginning.

And Deep Purple finally nominated for the first time 2 months after Jon Lord dies (not that it would mean much to him anyway) ? What a crock!!

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 4 2012, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 4 2012, 11:07 AM)
Joan Jett and the supposed hate expressed by her because of the alleged incident with Jetts first band the Runaways

Please to be be explaining

There's a topic possibly others on TRF about a alleged incident involving The Runaways opening for Rush . Something about Rush making fun of them and throwing paper at the Runaways during there set?? And Runaways pissing on Geddys and Alex's guitars back stage in retaliation.

QUOTE (thirteen @ Oct 4 2012, 12:58 AM)
Please get the award and say "you guys can shove this up your clacker" and walk off.

F*** the Hall of Fame.

I've said this before and I'll say it again (possibly many, many times). The guys in Rush are far too classy to do anything like this. If they are inducted, I'm sure that what they will do is accept graciously, make a jokey and self-deprecating speech, and then privately laugh their asses off amongst themselves about the ridiculousness of all of it.

I do agree with HowItIs that it would be fitting and quite satisfying if they were on tour during the induction and sent a video acceptance rather than actually showing up for the ceremony.

I've said this from day 1:

Every year when Rush gets snubbed, all the Rushheads come out of the woodwork and say that "The RRHOF doesn't deserve Rush" and "I hope they never get in" and "It's better that they are not in", etc etc

I've always maintained that when and if the day comes that they do get it it will be one of the coolest things ever and all those same Rush heads will agree.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 4 2012, 01:47 PM)

Every year when Rush gets snubbed, all the Rushheads come out of the woodwork and say that "The RRHOF doesn't deserve Rush" and "I hope they never get in" and "It's better that they are not in", etc etc

I've always maintained that when and if the day comes that they do get it it will be one of the coolest things ever and all those same Rush heads will agree.

Why? Seriously??

The RRHOF is a sham... does it change anything if they get in? What if they get that 1 fan vote by winning the poll, and that's it... they don't get in. Will it change anything about your enjoyment of the band?

"Wow, I really loved Rush until the RRHOF didn't vote them in... they must know something I don't" facepalm.gif

"one of the coolest things ever"

z7shysterical.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 4 2012, 07:50 AM)
Rush's official reaction to the announcement via the band's Facebook page:

"We are honored to be among the nominees for this year's Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame. We are especially thrilled for the many, many dedicated RUSH fans to whom this nomination is so very important." - Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart

I love this quote. While they're gracious in accepting the nomination, they've never really cared about getting into the Rock Hall, but they've often gone on record saying they know how important it is to many of their fans. To me, this re-affirms it.

Thanks Phantom. Not understanding what a facebook is, I appreciate the post. wink.gif

Classy guys. I would expect no less.

All day long, I've thought of this announcement. I think it is really great that everyone who goes to the RRHOF and might not have heard of Rush but will now be able to see the band. I think it is great news for the band and new fans they may earn from entry into The Hall.

I am happy about the nomination. Vindication! While, I wasn't happy about their exclusion (F!%k the RRHOF!), now I will consider going if I'm ever in Cleveland.

I hope it is a move toward legitimacy for the RRHOF unsure.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

'bout time Rush got nominated. I've been waiting a while for this.

Looking at the other nominees, I have to wonder why the f*ck that The Paul Butterfield Blues Band is on that list. Sure, they're an ok band, but there is no way they're deserving of a rock and roll hall of fame entry.

Not really sure what to say about this...

but not matter whatever poll Rush is in, I'll vote if I feel they deserve it. In this case, I think they've been deserving it for more than a decade.

The fact that we can finally vote makes me happy alone!

And if Rush does so happen to get inducted, then 2013 will surely be awesome! I'm in the Class of 2013 anyways!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 4 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 4 2012, 01:47 PM)

Why? Seriously??

The RRHOF is a sham... does it change anything if they get in? What if they get that 1 fan vote by winning the poll, and that's it... they don't get in. Will it change anything about your enjoyment of the band?

"Wow, I really loved Rush until the RRHOF didn't vote them in... they must know something I don't" facepalm.gif

"one of the coolest things ever"

z7shysterical.gif

Seriously...to have the guys there...an artist paying tribute by playing their songs...(imagine Metallica covering 2112 or Foo Fighters playing Limelight)Not cool?

At least if Rush were to be inducted, they won't pull crap like other bands have done in the past. If the members of Rush are unable to show, it would be due to the fact that they are on tour. They won't pull stunts like Axl Rose or Van Halen.

Axl: Refused to be inducted because he still hates his former bandmates and didn't want to be on the same stage as them due to expectations.

Van Halen: Only Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony showed, as the VH brothers and David Lee Roth refused to attend, as they didn't want to share the stage with their former bandmates.

I'd have appreciated it if the bands had refused to show on principle--meaning that the R&R Hall of Fame became a joke once Rap music was considered eligible. But to refuse to show just because you can't get over shit that happened years, if not decades ago? That is not only an insult to your former bandmates, it's an insult to the fans who actually gave a shit about what you did. People who pull that kind of shit should actually have their induction removed.

Finally, after further consideration, I think Deep Purple might get the nod as the major hard rock band, as a memorial to John Lord.

Totally shocked by this. One of my co-workers told me about this in the AM and my jaw dropped. Never expected it. Certainly do not expect them to actually get voted in (other than by the fans whose vote does not really matter in the overall voting).

Its mind blowing that Rush & Deep Purple have never been nominated, that Heart has been nominated (I believe) only once before. How can Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, KISS, Journey, Styx, Kansas, Yes, The Moody Blues, Bad Co., and Boston not be in there. I could go on and on.

I won't even get started about some of the acts that are in the place. They have little of nothing o do with Rock and Roll. Rap yes. Rock - no.

A lille surprised they did not nominate Bon Jovi again. He is the sort of Rock musician they seem to like. Mind you, I do have his 1st 3 albums and don't dislike the first 2. The 3rd has the big hits which I do like. After that it got weak and I don't like his stuff since. Would not vote for him but he is the sort of guy I can see them putting in prior to Rush (or even DP).

Most likely Joan Jet, Heart (perhaps since it will have been the 2nd time they have been nominated) and mayyyybe Deep Purple will get in. Voted for Rush, DP and Heart. Joan Jet - no way. Had a few good songs but I would put her in about the same time I would vote for Lita Ford and Lita is a country mile from even nomination (much less actual indiction) in my book.

Nice to see this. Makes my day.

QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Oct 4 2012, 05:13 PM)
Finally, after further consideration, I think Deep Purple might get the nod as the major hard rock band, as a memorial to John Lord.

Yes - thats exactly why I said mayyybe to DP.

Otherwise i don't think they would get in (or perhaps even nominated). Pathetic that one of the great members of the group has to die before the group will get in. Only then does the Hall of Shame (perhaps) let them in.

QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Oct 4 2012, 05:13 PM)

Yes - thats exactly why I said mayyybe to DP.

Otherwise i don't think they would get in (or perhaps even nominated). Pathetic that one of the great members of the group has to die before the group will get in. Only then does the Hall of Shame (perhaps) let them in.

Even though the RRHOF is a joke (just looks who is in the damn thing!) it would be nice for the band and the fans. Since many people don't know it's such a joke, it would give Rush more of the appreciation they deserve.

I can't believe KISS hasn't already been inducted. I grew out of KISS just after high school, but they DID a lot for the music busness and they were VERY original... sold 100 million albums. That's not too shabby. They influenced a lot of bands too.