Who else just doesn't drink very often?

Mara

Alcohol, that is.

I'm just not a drinker. Don't really care for beer, never have, even though I have several drunken evenings in my collegiate past in which beer was the culprit.

I do like good red wines (Syrah, Cabernet), but rarely have occasion to drink it. Weeknights are out - I work out when I get home and wine-n-cardio are not a good mix. After that it's too late. . .

I have no religious or health reasons for not drinking. . . it's just not something I ever feel "in the mood" to do.

• Like 1

I go in and out of drinking moods.

I drink a lot over the summer. Outdoor BBQs, bonfires - all require a nice glass of cold white wine or beer. We tend to go out more in nicer weather, and I drink more when out than bundled up inside all winter.

I'm starting to settle down now laugh.gif I just went a couple weeks without a real good drink, broken with a glass of red wine this Sunday with dinner, but that was it.

I enjoy a good beer with dinner, or any meal for that matter (besides breakfast). Mimosa's are sweet at anytime. However, I have two little ones and have to be mindful of my responsibilityto them. So in general, after they are in bed do I have a beer or a shot, or whatever I want.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 25 2012, 07:38 AM)
some event will cause me to drink a small lake of the black stuff.

I'm fortunate to have been to St. Jame's Gate. It's easy to drink a small lake of Guiness...so freaking outstanding trink38.gif A Heinken after about three Guiness is true bliss to me!

I don't usually. Not unless it's my birthday or Christmas. The last time I had a Baccardi Breezer, everything was either jumping up and down or going round and round... I was like this wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif and kinda feeling like this 062802puke_prv.gif , but I wasn't ill. And I never get a hangover.

During the summer I'll have a cocktail or two over the weekend. Generally, I'll have two or three drinks per month. If I go out, I'll have one or two drinks, but that's not too often.

I do get in moods though.

cosmo.gif

I drink about a case of beer (or less) per year. I'll have a good glass of wine when I got out to eat with friends. The occasional Captain and Coke, a pint of Blue Moon or Guinness. When I go to my buddy's house on Sunday to watch football all day, I'll have 2-3 beers, but that's it.

I don't miss it. Not one bit. Wasted over a dozen years of my life binge drinking when I was younger. I wish I could live all THAT again....and CHANGE THINGS.... yes.gif yes.gif

• Like 1

No post from DPR ?!? laugh.gif

A six-pack of beer will last me a week usually unless I have company. I usually drink Killian's Irish Red and have been getting into Leffe Belgium Blonde lately.

Glenlivet or The Macallan on the rocks a couple times a week.

trink39.gif martini_shaken.gif cosmo.gif

Edited by EveryNerveAware

I am not much of a drinker. ILs and I were talking about this before the concert. I will buy a 12 pack and have it last a whole year if it was left to me to drink alone. Luckily, friends will take care of it for me while having a BBQ or shooting pool.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 26 2012, 12:03 PM)
I am not much of a drinker. ILs and I were talking about this before the concert. I will buy a 12 pack and have it last a whole year if it was left to me to drink alone. Luckily, friends will take care of it for me while having a BBQ or shooting pool.

I still have that Leiny Oktoberfest in my fridge from the weekend before last. laugh.gif

Compared to what I used to drink back in my 20's, I hardly drink. I used to be able to drink a case of beer in a night, and be able to drink the next night. Now if I drink a six pack, I'm toast the next day.

I probably have 2 or 3 beers a week on average. On special occasions, I'll have a Tanqueray and Tonic. smile.gif

Man, even those of you who posted that they don't drink much STILL drink more than I do!

As for social drinking at gatherings and the like - 9.9 times out of 10 I am with my husband. He's not a big imbiber either, but he does like a beer here and there. Someone has to drive us home, and since I don't care much whether or not I drink, I usually offer to be DD. I know - even a lightweight like me could probably drink a glass of wine at the start of the evening and be perfectly fine. But I have had the DUI experience, 20 years ago, and it is not something I care to repeat.

And at sporting events/concerts - no thanks, I am not spending $12 on one little watery margarita. no.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 27 2012, 12:23 PM)
Man, even those of you who posted that they don't drink much STILL drink more than I do!

As for social drinking at gatherings and the like - 9.9 times out of 10 I am with my husband. He's not a big imbiber either, but he does like a beer here and there. Someone has to drive us home, and since I don't care much whether or not I drink, I usually offer to be DD. I know - even a lightweight like me could probably drink a glass of wine at the start of the evening and be perfectly fine. But I have had the DUI experience, 20 years ago, and it is not something I care to repeat.

And at sporting events/concerts - no thanks, I am not spending $12 on one little watery margarita. no.gif

laugh.gif

Living in WI - having 2 drinks a day is a light drinker... I have maybe 2 a month, and the guys I coach with make fun of me. They all go out drinking every Saturday after the games. Not for me.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 27 2012, 01:23 PM)

Great! Since you live in my neck of the woods, you can be my DD anytime. trink38.gif