Name the most annoying and incompetent actors

treeduck

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 28 2012, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 07:47 AM)
Leonardo DiCaprio.

facepalm.gif

People give this guy a bad rap because of Titanic. He was great in that. No, the dialogue wasn't always, or even often that good, but that didn't mean he didn't do a great job with what he had to work with.

Even so, take Titanic out of the picture and you still have:

Inception

Gangs of New York

The Aviator

Revolutionary Road

Catch Me If You Can

The Basketball Diaries

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Blood Diamond

And there are other movies that weren't necessarily as great, like The Beach or The Departed, that still had great acting from him.

I'm sorry, but Leonardo DiCaprio can ACT.

You didn't like "The Departed?" There wasn't a bad performance in that movie.

I'm sure the performances were great, but I can't remember them because I didn't really care for the movie that much... and I love Scorsese! Maybe I need to see it again. I remember it being stylish, but was bummed that pretty much everyone got killed, and I don't know, it just didn't do it for me like so many of his movies have. I thought it was kind of a shame that Scorsese finally won best director for THAT movie, when there are several he's done that are so much better. It's like when Pacino won best actor for Scent of a Woman or Denzel Washington won it for Training Day - both were in SO many far, far better movies, Pacino especially.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 25 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 25 2012, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 02:49 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 25 2012, 12:41 AM)
Cruise has had his moments of shit for sure but I think he also did well in Magnolia, Rain Man, Vanilla Sky, and Taps.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Keanu Reeves. He has got to be the King of Incompetency. Shia Lebouf could be the Prince of Incompetency.

And I don't know what has happened to Nick Cage. He used to be good.

Nicolas Cage is still good, he just is often in crap movies. He was great in the National Treasure movies, even though the movies themselves were a bit spotty at times - they were still fun.

Keanu Reeves is not the best actor of all time by a long shot, but often for what's required of him he does a fine job, like in Parenthood and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Devil's Advocate. And the first Matrix is one of my favorite films ever - no, he's not the best actor on the planet, but I never watch The Matrix and wish it was someone else playing the part - I think he does a fine job - far better than just serviceable.

I think often people don't like some of these actors because either they're often in bad movies (which doesn't make them bad actors), or they don't like them personally (which still doesn't make them bad actors). Take Tom Cruise. Is he obnoxious? Yeah, he definitely can be for sure. That doesn't mean the 10-12 movies he was brilliant in from the 80's and 90's are suddenly bad movies or that his performances all of the sudden suck.

How do you explain The Wicker Man? The original was an excellent film. Cage made the remake into a ridiculous mess with some very strange ham acting...

Never saw it. No desire to see it. Loved the original.

You can't just ignore bad performances by saying oh I've no desire to see the movie and then try and say these actors only give good performances...

I have to see every movie a person has ever been in to make a statement that someone is or isn't a good or great actor? laugh.gif

Nicolas Cage has been in a LOT of movies I've seen.

Some are good or great - Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Peggy Sue Got Married, Valley Girl, The Cotton Club, The Family Man, National Treasure.

Some were ok - Weather Man, Knowing, Next, Wild At Heart, The Family Man, the 2nd National Treasure.

Some sucked - Honeymoon in Vegas, Guarding Tess, City of Angels, Con Air, Snake Eyes and worst of all, the horrendously overrated and stupid Face/Off.

That's 21 movies - sorry I didn't see the one you wanted me to see to prove your point. tongue.gif

Seriously though, after 21 movies (that I can recall), I can safely say he's a great actor. I don't like all the movies, and sometimes when I don't like the movies I don't even remember his performance (like Con Air for example), but I never recall seeing him where I thought he was doing a bad job, just that sometimes the role sucked and/or the movie sucked.

Don't forget the piece of trash "Ghost Rider" films.

I am agreeing with stuff with you, goober. Cage is actually a very underrated actor. And the Pianist is an AMAZING movie.

But actresses I'm about to destroy are Jennifer Anniston, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 29 2012, 12:50 AM)
More incompetant, annoying actors

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

Ice Cube: never really thought anything positive or negative about his acting

Scott Baio: he can't count as an actor laugh.gif

Erin Moran: forgettable though not annoying

Ralph Macchio: seems to me his character in films is often supposed to be somewhat annoying (ex: in Karate Kid I personally wanted to bully and beat him up every time he showed his face or whined about Jersey) tongue.gif

Macauley Culkin: of course...but far more annoying was that Phantom Menace Anakin Skywalker kid

Marlon Wayans: forgettable

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 09:04 PM)

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

Ralph Macchio: seems to me his character in films is often supposed to be somewhat annoying (ex: in Karate Kid I personally wanted to bully and beat him up every time he showed his face or whined about Jersey) tongue.gif

Macauley Culkin: of course...but far more annoying was that Phantom Menace Anakin Skywalker kid

Ice Cube I remember being good in Boyz n the Hood. Ralph Macchio was good in the first couple of Karate Kid movies. Macauley Culkin was really good in Saved! (the exclamation point is part of the title). Then again, when talking about great actors, these actors wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list. unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 01:56 PM)

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

Ice Cube I remember being good in Boyz n the Hood. Ralph Macchio was good in the first couple of Karate Kid movies. Macauley Culkin was really good in Saved! (the exclamation point is part of the title). Then again, when talking about great actors, these actors wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list. unsure.gif

Yeah, I like Macchio at times: Karate Kid 1 & Teachers for example. I wouldn't put him or Ice Cube on this list. They haven't been shitty enough imho. Scott Baio, however, I can totally see as being on here.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 10:03 PM)

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

Yeah, I like Macchio at times: Karate Kid 1 & Teachers for example. I wouldn't put him or Ice Cube on this list. They haven't been shitty enough imho. Scott Baio, however, I can totally see as being on here.

Except he was on the best sitcom of all time - Charles In Charge.

Oh, I do jest. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 30 2012, 12:04 AM)

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

I'm not a bully but I was ready to get a body bag and sweep the leg.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 29 2012, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 10:03 PM)

Ice Cube
Scott Baio
Erin Moran
Ralph Macchio
Macauley Culkin
Marlon Wayans

Except he was on the best sitcom of all time - Charles In Charge.

Oh, I do jest. tongue.gif

He actually was on the best sitcom of all time: Arrested Development

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 03:54 PM)
Leonardo DiCaprio.

facepalm.gif

People give this guy a bad rap because of Titanic. He was great in that. No, the dialogue wasn't always, or even often that good, but that didn't mean he didn't do a great job with what he had to work with.

Inception

Gangs of New York

The Aviator

Revolutionary Road

Catch Me If You Can

The Basketball Diaries

Blood Diamond

And there are other movies that weren't necessarily as great, like The Beach or The Departed, that still had great acting from him.

He was really excellent in this boys life, how old was he when he did that?

edit: just remembered whats eating gilbert grape, he was superb in that too.

Edited by condemned2bfree

Exactly what talent does Russell Brand possess? Identification of his talent eludes me. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 24 2012, 07:46 PM)
Tom Cruise
Keannu Reeves
Anne Hathaway
Kristen Stewart
Jack Black
Everyone in nearly every sitcom now playing...... 062802puke_prv.gif

And all the others mentioned in this thread.....

Watch Anne Hathaway in Rachel's Getting Married and

Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire and Vanilla Sky. All are great performances

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 28 2012, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 10:54 AM)
Leonardo DiCaprio.

facepalm.gif

Inception

Gangs of New York

The Aviator

Revolutionary Road

Catch Me If You Can

The Basketball Diaries

Blood Diamond

You didn't like "The Departed?" There wasn't a bad performance in that movie.

I'm sure the performances were great, but I can't remember them because I didn't really care for the movie that much... and I love Scorsese! Maybe I need to see it again. I remember it being stylish, but was bummed that pretty much everyone got killed, and I don't know, it just didn't do it for me like so many of his movies have. I thought it was kind of a shame that Scorsese finally won best director for THAT movie, when there are several he's done that are so much better. It's like when Pacino won best actor for Scent of a Woman or Denzel Washington won it for Training Day - both were in SO many far, far better movies, Pacino especially.

Dicaprio knows how to pick good movies. He's a decent actor but at times can be overly dramatic.

His best acting role to date was This Boy's Life. He was a teenager then.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 5 2012, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 4 2012, 06:32 PM)
Exactly what talent does Russell Brand possess?  Identification of his talent eludes me. unsure.gif

He's got a great talent for being a total dick...

goodpost.gif

He's a really good one, too.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 5 2012, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 4 2012, 06:32 PM)
Exactly what talent does Russell Brand possess?  Identification of his talent eludes me. unsure.gif

Agreed. Adam Sandler. I can't believe people actually hand over money to see that unfunny stupid f**k.

Yes. Billions no less. Discernable talent is non-existent. I do not understand.