LEAST favorite album cover

sitboaf

Which studio album has the worst cover?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album has the worst cover?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snake and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Grace Under Pressure edged out Permanent Waves for best album cover, in what quickly became a two-horse race.

But, what is the worst Rush album cover?

The original album cover is cheesy, but it's SO so cheesy that it makes me love it more. 2.gif

My vote goes to Hemispheres. It looks like a grade school project to me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold Your Fire

Yeah, the '80s were so red and black, weren't they? Maybe Rush was going for "iconic." Perhaps a Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon simplicity.

But you're right. It's just kinda boring.

Edited by sitboaf

Counterparts. Barely. It could have been a bit more... MORE. confused13.gif

Hold Your Fire.

I don't get the cover at all. Just about every other cover fits in with the album title but that cover doesn't fit with anything or make sense. The picture inside the album booklet of the guy juggling the fireballs would've have been much better. Gooffier, yes, but much better.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I can understand all the votes for HYF and I agree it's a bad cover. I probably would have gone with that if it hadn't been for the awful cover of...

"Snakes and Arrows" - I just find it a huge disappointment. Not even a Hugh Syme creation. Just a print of an old work. Nothing exciting about it. Too light in color. Other artwork associated with the album is so much better. The cover of SAA Live is great.

I wasn't so hot on "Clockwork Angels" either until I realized that the twisted face of the Watchmaker is smack in the middle. Now that's cool. (I know. I know. Others don't see it. I do and I always will!)

I came really close to voting for their debut, but even that was exciting in its crudeness for a young band that couldn't afford a better artist! It actually corresponds well with the music - a young band that wasn't necessarily that mature yet, but were extremely exciting and enthusiastic.

I voted for HYF. It's like they weren't even trying on that one. It's seriously boring and unimaginative. They should have used the guy juggling the fireballs as the cover. There are similarities with CA - the images used inside the CD booklet are mostly a lot more interesting than the actual cover, but at least it had something going on, whereas the HYF cover is a real dud.

Counterparts or Roll the Bones. CP simply is boring and the color scheme on RTB looks like "brown smelly stuff". Edited by circumstantial tree