Cheapest RUSH ticket

Mystic Rythm

QUOTE (mandydog @ Aug 1 2012, 02:49 PM)
$6.50 general admission, Louisville Gardens, January 30, 1979. Hemispheres tour. TOTO was the opener.

Holy Cow! Tell us about the concert if you could, briefly?!! That one, due to it's age and rareness, deserves a mini-review!! 2.gif

April 13th. 1979 Hemispheres $7.50 which was 5th. row center, so there may have been cheaper seats?

a NICKEL! ...and that got me a bus ride to the show, a ticket, a sody pop, a stick of gum, and then a bus ride back home after the show...all for a NICKEL!! And back then, nickels had pictures of bumble bees on 'em ("Gimme five bees for a quarter", we'd say).

Sorry...'was having flashbacks to Grandpa stories...actually, it was 10 bucks for the Spring Training '82 Tour (and another 10 bucks got me a tour shirt). And we got to sit/stand wherever we wanted (one standout memory: finding my way up close to stage left to watch Alex play his solo during La Villa). Ah, them was the days, I'm tellin' ya.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 1 2012, 03:11 PM)
1) My Cheapest Rush Ticket - Signals (1983?) I can't remember, but it was likely the cheapest. Probably around $12-15$
2) Cheapest ticket ever? (Besides Dream Theater for $6.00 in 1992 and Asia FREE in 11/27/92) it will be YES at Pine Knob 08/06/12!!! Wait... Yes has a new singer??? ohmy.gif doh.gif

Forgot to mention: The Yes ticket for Monday's Show cost me... $7USD!! 653.gif

I saw them a few times between Signals and HYF - prices ranged from $12 to $17.50.

Prices really are out of control today. If you take into account inflation, still the prices are WAY higher than the rise in inflation. $12 in 1982 is around $27 today. Good luck getting seats for $27. You can't even get lawn tickets for that.

Counterparts Tour Dallas,Tx 25 bucks buddy just got his license and we went to the show scraping change from under the seat,got screwed by service charges and came up 3 bucks short,I was 17 at the time and threatened to strip naked if I had to to get in. About that time an extremely hot woman walked up and sold us 2 tickets for what we had in our pockets that were better than what the box office had,and we proceeded to have our young minds blown. I haven't missed a show since.

Ican't remember the exact price for the PeW ticket, but I still have the Gen Admin ticket from the HYF tour and it says $12.50. My students ask me how it was that I got to see so many shows and when I told them that most of the shows I saw were around 10 to 15 bucks, they are shocked.

Cheapest I paid was probably the first show I saw--Moving Pictures tour Meadowlands, NJ Dec. 22, 1981. I think it was around $17. But, in 1994 I saw the first night at MSG, NY on the Counterparts tour for free, and got an invite to the aftershow party held by Atlantic Records. (details in the thread about Neil & Michael tweeting during the CA tour).

QUOTE (Mystic Rythm @ Jul 31 2012, 07:43 PM)
The last two post got me thinking about my first concert and how much ticket prices have changed. I paid $8.50 for a ticket to see Moving Pictures in Little Rock in 1980.

What's the least amount you've has paid for a Rush ticket?

trink39.gif

That's what my MP ticket stub reads.

Yup, still got it.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 4 2012, 09:12 AM)
I paid somewhere in the $9.50 to $11.50 range for the Signals show. The funny thing is that I never paid much until R30. The show before that for the Vapor Trails tour I paid $25 per ticket.

That is almost my memory too. It seems to me that the S&A first leg was still under 50 bucks and that landed me inside halfway to the lawn at SPAC...The next leg seemed to double.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:24 AM)
QUOTE (rushfan21122 @ Jul 31 2012, 10:38 PM)
$8.80 Moving Pictures..September 26, 1980 Capital Centre -- Largo, Maryland (Saxon)

believe that would've been permanent waves trink38.gif

No on August 22, 1979 Capital Centre Largo, Maryland (Nantucket Band) was the Permanent waves tour..

The Moving Pictures tour started with a warm up tour :

Moving Pictures Warm Up Tour

September 11, 1980 Hampton Coliseum Hampton, Virginia

September 12, 1980 Charlotte Coliseum Charlotte, North Carolina (Saxon)

September 14, 1980 Municipal Auditorium Nashville, Tennessee (Saxon)

September 16, 1980 Riverside Centroplex Baton Rouge, Louisiana

September 19, 1980 Hollywood Sportatorium, Hollywood, Florida

September 20, 1980 Civic Center Arena Lakeland, Florida (Saxon)

September 23, 1980 Riverfront Coliseum Cincinnati, Ohio (Saxon)

September 25, 1980 The Spectrum Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Saxon)

September 26, 1980 Capital Centre Largo, Maryland (Saxon)

September 27, 1980 Cape Cod Coliseum Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Saxon)

September 28, 1980 Civic Center Springfield, Massachusetts (Saxon)

September 30, 1980 Allentown Fairgrounds Allentown, Pennsylvania (Saxon)

October 1, 1980 Cumberland County Civic Center Portland, Maine (Saxon)

Just an FYI!!